Wiki Posts
Search

New oneworld itinerary validator

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2007, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Rhys1
... Is this actually a valid itinerary? The oneworld tool doesnt have a problem with it and I can't see a problem in the rules.
Hi Rhys1, welcome to FT.

<never mind>

Last edited by serfty; Jul 4, 2007 at 6:55 pm
Old Jul 4, 2007, 6:49 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Welcome to Flyer Talk Rhys1

Morocco is treated as part of Europe according to xONEx rules, and so allowed on that basis. Perhaps the surface segment (within Morocco) is confusing the validator?
Old Jul 4, 2007, 6:49 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by serfty
Hi Rhys1, welcome to FT.

The problem is where you are going Europe-Africa-Europe-S/A.

You can only do this if the second Europe is a transit without stopover travelling from Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda or Tanzania - Marrakesh is in Morocco.
Originally Posted by xONEx rules effective 15 May 2007
Continents are defined as:
Europe Middle East (including Algeria , Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Sudan)
Old Jul 4, 2007, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Welcome to Flyer Talk Rhys1

Morocco is treated as part of Europe according to xONEx rules, and so allowed on that basis. Perhaps the surface segment (within Morocco) is confusing the validator?
Thanks Been a long time reader.

I have tried without the surface sector and still get the error.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 4:03 am
SLF

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by Rhys1
I am trying to validate the following:

SYD-HKG-SIN-BKK,SGN-NRT-SVO-BUD,SOF-LON-CAS,RAK-BCN-BUE-LIM-LPB-SCL-SYD

And I get an error on:

12: RAK-BCN: 4th of 4 (Europe)
Rule violated!!!! [RAK-BCN] Max 1 segment(s): Ghana/Nigeria/Kenya/Uganda/Tanzania transit (second EUR entry?)
Thanks - that should be sorted out now. Morocco was being treated as being in Europe, however it was also being treated as being in Africa.

Another welcome to FT And thanks for noticing that bug
Old Jul 5, 2007, 4:08 am
SLF

Wow :)

Originally Posted by Viajero
I just wanted to say thank you.
Originally Posted by Moomba
I would like to add my thanks too
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Thanks SLF from me too ^^^
Originally Posted by Gardyloo
Add another to the chorus of thanks. ^
Wow That's very kind of you all to say so

I'm pleased that I'm able to contribute something back to FT, from which I've learned a lot. It's also great to know that the time I spend is appreciated and of use to many! However most of the credit goes to hauteboy who created Mileage Monkey in the first place - I'm just tinkering with it here & there.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 8:08 am

Programs: QF LTG, SPG LTPlat, Accor, SP, JAL
My silliness

Originally Posted by SLF
Using the link-to feature, this shows as 1260 - however, it is also flagging services it doesn't believe exists:

Note that it's working on the assumption that you're right & it's wrong (i.e. that the services do exist), so it's proceeding to count them as valid sectors.

Perhaps you wanted to explicitly mark them as surface sectors, like this: http://slfft.allhyper.com/0.95/award...HR-BKK-SIN-SYD

Does that give you the answer you're expecting? If not, can you help me understand the problem better?

Thanks - my mistake. Fixed now

Martin
Old Jul 5, 2007, 10:07 am

Programs: Virtuoso Travel Advisor. FSPP, Ritz STARS, Rosewood Elite, Belmond BelliniClub. SPG PRO
Such a cool tool.

Thanks to you all.
Old Jul 8, 2007, 3:11 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
SLF there is an error in the calculations when selecting AA as the Earning Preference.

The econ column does not include the PLT/EXP earning bonus and only shows base miles where the Biz and First do include this bonus.

Also a request. Could you add another column to the AA results table that shows base miles * 1.5 that would be the EQM for the flights on an AONEx DONEx please?

Last edited by Moomba; Jul 8, 2007 at 2:39 pm
Old Jul 8, 2007, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

SLF Also a request. Could you add another column to the AA results table that shows base miles * 1.5 that would be the EQM for the flights on an AONx DONx please?
EQM on LONE* ?
Are EQM earned on OW flights ?
Old Jul 8, 2007, 6:28 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
EQM on LONE* ?
Are EQM earned on OW flights ?
EQM on LONE* vary too much between 0 and 1 EQM per flown mile dependant on the carrier so it would be impossible to show. If the flights do earn EQM then it would be 1 EQM per miles which is the base miles calculation so would be superfluous.

EQM are earned on all OW flights (except those carriers where discount Y doesn't qualify e.g. CX L earns no EQM on AA. ). In Biz o F I believe all flights qualify for 1.5 EQM regardless of carrier hence the request.
Old Jul 8, 2007, 10:43 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
EQM on LONE* vary too much between 0 and 1 EQM per flown mile dependant on the carrier so it would be impossible to show. If the flights do earn EQM then it would be 1 EQM per miles which is the base miles calculation so would be superfluous.

EQM are earned on all OW flights (except those carriers where discount Y doesn't qualify e.g. CX L earns no EQM on AA. ). In Biz o F I believe all flights qualify for 1.5 EQM regardless of carrier hence the request.
I did a table last year (with only the "old" OW members) that covered L class earn rates - in the FAQ sticky, post no. 7. I'll try to update it presently.
Old Jul 8, 2007, 1:37 pm
SLF

Originally Posted by Gardyloo
I did a table last year (with only the "old" OW members) that covered L class earn rates - in the FAQ sticky, post no. 7. I'll try to update it presently.
I stole that for a wiki page I wrote earlier this year (and then updated with e.g. the new OW members)...feel free to make use of or directly edit that information...

Re EQMs ... I've had a busy weekend, and a busy week ahead. Questions noted.
Old Jul 17, 2007, 6:33 pm

First of all, the tool is fantastic, especially for those of us who are newbs at putting together a *ONE* itinerary.

Now, my questions:

1. Part of my intinerary includes the segment COS-MCO. The validator says there is no oneworld carrier between those airports, but in fact I fly COS-MCO on AA all the time (via DFW) and the oneworld interactive map shows it as a direct connection.

2. Another segment MM says is not covered by oneworld is SJU-UVF (San Juan, PR to St. Lucia) -- but the interactive map says otherwise. I just checked and AA has many daily flights (via MIA).

Am I overlooking something obvious? Do I need to list the cities I'm connecting through? If so, do those count toward my segments?

Thanks for any help.
Old Jul 17, 2007, 6:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP
The tool looks for direct (single flight number) flights only, because that is the way segments are counted for the OWE fare. If you connect in MIA, for example, to a different flight number, that is a second segment that calls for a second coupon, so when using the tool you should list both flights separately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.