Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

European Emerald ONLY access Lounge listing. (OWE only)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2019, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas Platinum OWE to 2022.

Sure this has been asked before but sorry I can’t find any list for Emerald ONLY (OWE) available OW lounge access throughout Europe ? Hope there are, I know AY has one in HEL.
Not including LHR and LGA who I am very familiar with there OWS Lounge offerings, some of them being OWE only access such as Cathay first, BA first Galleries e.t.c.
I am about to get OWE for the first time for my next 14 months of QFF membership so lack experience in Emerald lounges but am very much looking forward to trying them.
I will be encouraged to travel to those airports in Europe who offer OW first only lounge experiences.
Here is how I got to my OWE in the first 10 months of my QFF membership year. Numbers = SC’s.
LHR-DXB(35)-BKK(35)-DXB(25)-LHR(25) on QF EK code share Y. LHR-SIN(55)-BNE(40)-CHC(25)-SYD(25)-ARM(10)-SYD(10)-DFW(70)-MIA(15)-LHR(30) in Y on QF. With double SC’s bonus of 210.LHR-BFS(10)-LHR in J(40),LHR-JER(5)-LHR in J(20),JER-LHR in J(20),LHR-GLA in J(40)-LHR in J(40),LGW-FAO in J(60)-LGW(60),LHR-ARN in J(60)-LHR(60),LHR-WAW in J(60)-LHR(60),LGW-BUD in J(60)-LGW(60) on BA. LHR-PHX(35)-YVR(15)-LAX(15)-ORD(20)-LHR(30) on AA in Y. Now doing VCE on BA on J from LGA(80). PHEW. Upcoming BA trips in Y and J to VIA and PRG from LGA and LHR.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 6:55 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by surfergold
Sure this has been asked before but sorry I can’t find any list for Emerald ONLY (OWE) available OW lounge access throughout Europe ? Hope there are, I know AY has one in HEL.
Not including LHR and LGA who I am very familiar with there OWS Lounge offerings, some of them being OWE only access such as Cathay first, BA first Galleries e.t.c.
The only OWE only lounge is AY in HEL. There are a number of lounges that only allow First Class passengers AND OWE access which are listed in the List of First Lounges with OWE Access thread.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
You won't find many, which is why Sapphire is good enough for many Oneworld elites. What's the point of OWE if you end up in the same lounge almost everywhere...
Mwenenzi and Zacnlinc like this.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sure this has been asked before but sorry I can’t find any list for Emerald ONLY (OWE) available OW lounge access throughout Europe ?
<snip>
I will be encouraged to travel to those airports in Europe who offer OW first only lounge experiences.
OWE only and first only lounges are not the same.
First class flights are from a very EU OW airports (excluding UK). Look at the airlines that have first class flights. QR CX and ? Gets difficult to find many. Airlines are reducing first class flights.

To me not worth spending time & money to go to an airport for a perceived better lounge.

https://www.oneworld.com/travel-benefits#lounge-access
Old Nov 17, 2019, 6:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by aaupgrade
The only OWE only lounge is AY in HEL. There are a number of lounges that only allow First Class passengers AND OWE access which are listed in the List of First Lounges with OWE Access thread.
I am about to get OWE for the first time for my next 14 months of QFF membership so lack experience in Emerald lounges but am very much looking forward to trying them.
Here is how I got to my OWE in the first 10 months of my QFF membership year. Numbers = SC’s.
LHR-DXB(35)-BKK(35)-DXB(25)-LHR(25) on QF EK code share Y. LHR-SIN(55)-BNE(40)-CHC(25)-SYD(25)-ARM(10)-SYD(10)-DFW(70)-MIA(15)-LHR(30) in Y on QF. With double SC’s bonus of 210.LHR-BFS(10)-LHR in J(40),LHR-JER(5)-LHR in J(20),JER-LHR in J(20),LHR-GLA in J(40)-LHR in J(40),LGW-FAO in J(60)-LGW(60),LHR-ARN in J(60)-LHR(60),LHR-WAW in J(60)-LHR(60),LGW-BUD in J(60)-LGW(60) on BA. LHR-PHX(35)-YVR(15)-LAX(15)-ORD(20)-LHR(30) on AA in Y. Now doing VCE on BA on J from LGA(80). PHEW. Upcoming BA trips in Y and J to VIA and PRG from LGA and LHR.
And sadly even when the AY lounge for OWE also allowed OWS (at certain times of day) I was rejected twice despite having a valid BA Gold card (OWE) and J class (BA) boarding pass so dont get your hopes up for an amazing AY lounge experience. I think BA's Galleries First lounge at LHR is about as close as you'd get to a OWE lounge (passengers on BA First get access but can access the CCR which is exclusively for them so most have little use going to GF).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.