Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any flatbed between european countries?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aadvantage, smiles, lifemiles
Exclamation Any flatbed between european countries?

Every business class that i look for between european countries doesn't have flatbeds. I am making my itinerary for my trip in Europe and please if someone knows which airline or which itinerary has a business class with flatbed in Europe, let me know. Thank you!
P.S. Just in Europe
Old Apr 30, 2015, 11:15 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum

I flew from FRA-LHR on BA last year, and they were often using a 767 with a flat-bed business class.
Old May 1, 2015, 12:07 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by whimike
I flew from FRA-LHR on BA last year, and they were often using a 767 with a flat-bed business class.
They don't often use 767s with flat beds.

That would have been due to an equipment change.

The usual equipment is an A319/320, or a short haul configured 767.

OP: Turkish run a few routes with a 777 to and from Istanbul (which is pseudo-Europe I guess), to places like London. Finnair also have a few A330/40 routes from Helsinki to the Canaries and Spain, too. Some of those have lie flats.

Europe is a small place and lie flat beds aren't really necessary on most routes.
Old May 1, 2015, 12:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond

Iberia uses their A340 from LHR - MAD; which is long-haul configuration. Flat bed setup.
Old May 1, 2015, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

leomcarmo Welcome to the forum

Originally Posted by leomcarmo
Every business class that I look for between european countries doesn't have flatbeds. I am making my itinerary for my trip in Europe and please if someone knows which airline or which itinerary has a business class with flatbed in Europe, let me know.
Do you realise how small Europe is? The distance between many airports is small. Which is why many European aircraft are a narrow body A320 B737 type. And trains are a better option than flying for many cities.

Last edited by Mwenenzi; May 1, 2015 at 1:05 am Reason: spelling
Old May 1, 2015, 12:44 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by francismc
Iberia uses their A340 from LHR - MAD; which is long-haul configuration. Flat bed setup.
On a few rotations a week, yes. Occasionally it is an A330 which is also flat beds. It's a good product.
Old May 1, 2015, 2:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Do you realise how small Europe is? The distance between many airports is small. Which is why many European aircraft are a narrow body A320 B737 type. And trains are a better option than flying for many cities.
I certainly have no patience for a train from say Madrid to Warsaw or Rome to Copenhagen for example. Short trips like Brussels to Frankfurt, Paris to Lyon, sure but Europe is not THAT tiny that planes don't make any sense.

Now, needing a flat bed, of course not. But a proper domestic/regional business class like in North America would be light years better than the half assed product nearly universally offered on the continent now.
Old May 1, 2015, 2:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
La. Mad-fra-mad
Old May 1, 2015, 4:34 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
BA at least used to have long-haul configuration between London and Moscow, LHR-DME.
Old May 1, 2015, 10:30 am

Programs: BAEC (Silver)
Originally Posted by SPBanker
BA at least used to have long-haul configuration between London and Moscow, LHR-DME.
They still do. I flew CW from LHR to DME a few weeks ago in the 777, However, I've noticed on booking sites that they also operate the A321 on the route, which presumably is configured only for CE.

Also, there's some debate as to whether Moscow would be considered Europe.
Old May 1, 2015, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

I know that.

Do you realise how small Europe is? The distance between many airports is small. Which is why many European aircraft are a narrow body A320 B737 type. And trains are a better option than flying for many cities.[/QUOTE]
Old May 1, 2015, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

thank you.
Old May 1, 2015, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Smile

Originally Posted by francismc
thank you
Old May 3, 2015, 4:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dcjl
They still do. I flew CW from LHR to DME a few weeks ago in the 777, However, I've noticed on booking sites that they also operate the A321 on the route, which presumably is configured only for CE.

Also, there's some debate as to whether Moscow would be considered Europe.

I believe that 321 is the BA mid haul and therefore flat bed in J.
Old May 14, 2015, 2:26 am

Why do you need a flat-bed?

Like the poster asking "Do you realise how small Europe is?" I can't understand why you would want a flat bed when flying within countries in Europe. Most journeys are only between 1 - 4 hours flying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.