Wiki Posts
Search

How Do Airlines Know Your OW Status?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2012, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
When was this, 10 years ago?? I've been EXP for 5 years now, and never had a single problem across the alliance with shared benefits...
+1

Never an issue as a Sapphire then Emerald in 7 years of AA flying.

Last edited by serfty; Feb 16, 2012 at 8:27 pm
Old Feb 11, 2012, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by serfty

Originally Posted by LAXRuss
I receive a bit of a double whammy as a CX Diamond flying with AA-- (a) both the basic reservations line and the "executive platinum" line initally claimed that as a One World Emerald I would not receive two pieces of baggage allowance free because they could not verify that the benfit applied to One World Ruby, Sapphire and Emerold. I pointed out the website but after two separate phone calls, the call-in AA staff stated that according to their records I would have to pay for luggage as a One World Emerald and that I had to understand the alliance is new and that the luggage benefit is not across the board to all One World airlines and that they could find no information that showed Cathay Pacific One World Emerald would be allowed two free pieces of luggage. I pointed out the reason may be that CX passengers in economy recieve two pieces of luggage, the AA website states that One World Ruby , Emerald, Diamond receive two pieces of luggage and that therefore there may have been no special message. I finally hung up when the AA elite line said, well, I should take a copy of the web site with me, but they didn't think that as a One World Emerald I would be able to check luggage free of charge. They even implied I may not be able to use a Admirals Club, let alone the Flagship Lounge as an Emerald, because they did not think that the One World benefits were "across the board" but were fully dependent on only those airlines that offered to similar benfits -- What a joke! *Alliance and SkyTeam Plus have this all integrated. If One World cannot recognize it's own heavy frequent travelers then it is a joke.
When was this, 10 years ago?? I've been EXP for 5 years now, and never had a single problem across the alliance with shared benefits...
+1

Never an issue as a Gold then Emerald in 7 years of AA flying.
+ 1 more...
Beeing EXP/Emerald when the Alliance formed in 1999, I have never to this day encountered problems like that
Old Feb 11, 2012, 10:02 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
But AA did not start to charge bags for domestic FLTs until several years after the alliance formation (and less than 10 years ago), right?
Old Feb 11, 2012, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by ernestnywang

But AA did not start to charge bags for domestic FLTs until several years after the alliance formation (and less than 10 years ago), right?
I belive what teemuflyer tries to share, (s)he's never experienced those problems, beeing elite OW, by beeing EXP on AA. That has really little connection to when AA started charging extra bags on domestic flights, IMHO
Old Feb 11, 2012, 3:38 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by onobond
I belive what teemuflyer tries to share, (s)he's never experienced those problems, beeing elite OW, by beeing EXP on AA. That has really little connection to when AA started charging extra bags on domestic flights, IMHO
No, I got that, but just thought that it means the experience that LAXRuss had cannot be too dated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.