Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2019, 12:47 am

Glad I found this site comes in perfect timing before my trip. Thanks!!
Old Mar 2, 2019, 6:22 am

Programs: low and not enough
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Is this on BA or AA?
BA charge for seat selection for most tickets, including business class, unless mid - top OW status

By "Gold" is this AA, BA gold or what?
AA gold = OW ruby (bottom level)
BA gold = OW emerald (top level)

https://www.oneworld.com/travel-benefits (look down the very bottom of the page)
she’s flying AA, with her AA account on file.
It is a buy to AA Gold (so bottom tier) offer, she currently has no status
The goal/desire is to get one of those seats that is currently unoccupied (and not a Extraa seat) that only costs $90 because it’s not in the middle section of the 2-4-2 configuration. Hoping that by being Gold she might be able to just select one of those seats without paying extra, but we can’t figure that out.
Also, thx to the other poster for clarifying O vs B fares!

Thanks again all!
Whodunit68 likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 10:54 am

Valid Routing ?

Hi

Is LHR-SCL-IPC-SCL-JFK-PHX-HNL-NRT-SYD-DOH-LHR valid ?
Two questions
1 - Booking engine keeps rejecting it but it works if I remove IPC ?
2 - Does SYD-DOH-LHR count as 'crossing Asia' for a secong time which the rules don't appear to permit but booking engine appears to allow ?

Thanks

Last edited by petez; Mar 9, 2019 at 11:28 am Reason: .
Old Mar 9, 2019, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by petez
Hi

Two questions
2 - Does SYD-DOH-LHR count as 'crossing Asia' for a secong time which the rules don't appear to permit but booking engine appears to allow ?

Thanks
(1) I don't know which continent Easter Island is considered to be part of, but I would guess South West Pacific rather than South America. If so, SCL-IPC would be exiting South America and entering South West Pacific, so you couldn't then go back to SCL as that would be re-entering South America.

(2) SYD-DOH-LHR does count as touching Asia, but the rules specifically allow you to touch Asia twice if one is for travel between Europe and South West Pacific.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by anabolism
(1) I don't know which continent Easter Island is considered to be part of, but I would guess South West Pacific rather than South America. If so, SCL-IPC would be exiting South America and entering South West Pacific, so you couldn't then go back to SCL as that would be re-entering South America.
Well, perhaps theoretically; but since all the flights are to/from SCL (IIRC), I don't see how this is possible. If so, then Easter Island is excluded from OWE tickets by the rules.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 1:21 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Hi

Two questions

Easter Island (IPC) is part of Chile and is part of South America
I flew SCL-IPC-SCL on a Oneworld Explorer in 2016
I tried pricing your itinerary in the online tool:
  • the tool accepts the routing
  • and allows the flights to be chosen
  • but it fails when getting the price for the itinerary (the tool has lots of bugs and this is one of them)
  • without SCL-IPC-SCL the itinerary prices up
2 - Does SYD-DOH-LHR count as 'crossing Asia' for a second time which the rules don't appear to permit but booking engine appears to allow ?Thanks
My suggestions:
Either
  • phone BA to purchase the ticket (or another airline, or a travel agent)
Or
  • Use the tool to set up the itinerary - without the SCL-IPC-SCL flights
  • BA will be the ticketing carrier (since your first flight will be a BA flight)
  • Because it is BA, you will not actually pay online
  • Instead you will be given a booking reference number and be told to phone BA to pay
  • So when you phone ask for the SCL-IPC-SCL flights to be added, and pay for the new itinerary
Old Mar 10, 2019, 4:07 am

Thanks for all the responses - I'll call BA later today
Old Mar 10, 2019, 8:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Flying as a Sapphire with my family Y on an international award ticket ZRH-LHR (BA) LHR-RDU (AA). Entire family will be on same PNR. Will my benefits extend to my family (for example lounge access) or will I be breaking out the priority pass?
Old Mar 10, 2019, 8:57 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Your seat selection and baggage allowance will flow to everyone on the same booking.

in terms of lounge access as a OWS you can guest only one person in to the lounge.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 4:49 am

HKG: Plaza Premium flying CX + OW Sapphire

Hi!

I am still confused what lounges I will be allowed to enter with my oneworld Sapphire status. I will be arriving HKG at around 1 am and according to oneworld.com the only lounge that is open during that time of the day is the „Plaza Premium“.

Am I allowed to enter the Plaza Premium leaving on a Cathay Economy Ticket with OW Sapphire?

Thanks for your help

Pax xy
Old Mar 12, 2019, 5:34 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PAXXY
Hi!

I am still confused what lounges I will be allowed to enter with my oneworld Sapphire status. I will be arriving HKG at around 1 am and according to oneworld.com the only lounge that is open during that time of the day is the „Plaza Premium“.

Am I allowed to enter the Plaza Premium leaving on a Cathay Economy Ticket with OW Sapphire?

Thanks for your help

Pax xy
when you say arriving at HKG do you mean arriving on a flight? If so are you connecting on somewhere or have you got a flight departing from HKG?

if you are on a oneworld marketed and operated flight departing HKG (and as you are on CX it sounds like you are) then a OWS can access any of the oneworld business lounges. This includes the Cathay J lounge at the wing, the pier, the qantas lounge, and a few other CX/KA lounges scattered around (the bridge and the deck I think). You can even visit all of them if you have enough time.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 4:35 am

Hi

Two questions

Thanks
All sorted via phone booking with BA.

Thanks for all the suggestions
pandaperth likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 10:21 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
All sorted via phone booking with BA.
Excellent news. What was the resolution? Were you able to book SCL-IPC-SC?
Old Mar 14, 2019, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by anabolism
Excellent news. What was the resolution? Were you able to book SCL-IPC-SCL?
Yes I did. It was booked via the BA Silver Desk - they couldn't price it there and then and had to send it to "fares" but came back without issue within 24 hours.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 8:00 am

Programs: British Airways
Smile Newbie LON ADL

Hi All,

I have been doing the points thing for a fair few years on my own and have only just discovered how huge the community is online! So hello ^
I am a BA Avios hound and am currently on the hunt for reward seats to Adelaide as family have recently moved out there. From my initial searches, BA looks a nightmare for seats on this route. So my question is do you think this route is achievable on BA or do I switch loyalty to another airline.
Thanks in advance!
Chris

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.