Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any COVID updates for French Polynesia/Tahiti?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2021, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by cubsko
I submitted on 7/8, depart 8/3, still "YOUR FILE IS STILL BEING PROCESSED"

I did send an email 3 days ago to the contact email and haven't heard back. Prior emails to them usually got a response in 2 days. Any others get their receipt that are departing roughly same time as I am?
Departing same date(Maybe even same flight) haven't got the ETIS confirmation yet..
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 5:05 pm

Programs: UA GS 1M / EK Platinum / Bonvoy Titanium Elite / IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by totoropanda
Departing same date(Maybe even same flight) haven't got the ETIS confirmation yet..
We are flying out of SFO, United UA115.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 6:36 pm

We are flying out of SFO, United UA115.
Ahh gotcha we are flying out of LAX on Air Tahiti Nui. Will post when we get the ETIS approved!
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by totoropanda
Ahh gotcha we are flying out of LAX on Air Tahiti Nui. Will post when we get the ETIS approved!
Just got the email that we are approved. Now the weird thing is I thought they got rid of the QR Code. Our approval for each of my family members had the QR code.
Here is what it said:Status: Validated
N° de passeport du voyageur : xxxxxxxx
NOM, Prénom du voyageur : xxxxxxxxx
Passport nationality: US
N° de référence du dossier ETIS : xxxxxxxxxx
ETIS expiry date: xxxxxxx
Date d'arrivée en Polynésie française : xxxxxxxx

[QR CODE was here]

ETIS APPROUVÉ

Votre demande ETIS à bien été approuvée, ceci est le récépissé de votre demande ETIS.

Le récépissé de votre demande ETIS fait office de pièce justificative confirmant que vous êtes un voyageur autorisé à embarquer à bord d’un avion à destination de la Polynésie française.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Just got the email that we are approved. Now the weird thing is I thought they got rid of the QR Code. Our approval for each of my family members had the QR code.
According to reports above, they brought it back again. I did not receive one for our trip near the start f June, 2021. It came back shortly thereafter.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 9:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP / Marriott AMB & LT Titanium
Here is what it said:Status: Validated
N° de passeport du voyageur : xxxxxxxx
NOM, Prénom du voyageur : xxxxxxxxx
Passport nationality: US
N° de référence du dossier ETIS : xxxxxxxxxx
ETIS expiry date: xxxxxxx
Date d'arrivée en Polynésie française : xxxxxxxx

[QR CODE was here]

ETIS APPROUVÉ

Votre demande ETIS à bien été approuvée, ceci est le récépissé de votre demande ETIS.

Le récépissé de votre demande ETIS fait office de pièce justificative confirmant que vous êtes un voyageur autorisé à embarquer à bord d’un avion à destination de la Polynésie française.
ditto here
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 2:52 am

Trying to go through the D-3 test requirements here. Looks like my Quest diagnostics RT-PCR tests that I've been doing for over a year now on a weekly basis via my employer aren't valid at all. I'm guessing that it's because there's no way to prove I didn't swab a random person instead of myself.

I see some comments here about Kaiser not being accepted? I'm a Kaiser NorCal member and if that doesn't work that's unfortunate. My other options are to schedule through my local county/city testing facilities, but I'm unclear if they use anything that's approved. I guess as an alternative I can buy those United test kits and use that as a pre-boarding test in addition to carrying some as a return test.
SamirD likes this.

Last edited by mileagehighclub; Jul 23, 2021 at 3:02 am
Old Jul 23, 2021, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by mileagehighclub
Trying to go through the D-3 test requirements here. Looks like my Quest diagnostics RT-PCR tests that I've been doing for over a year now on a weekly basis via my employer aren't valid at all. I'm guessing that it's because there's no way to prove I didn't swab a random person instead of myself.

I see some comments here about Kaiser not being accepted? I'm a Kaiser NorCal member and if that doesn't work that's unfortunate. My other options are to schedule through my local county/city testing facilities, but I'm unclear if they use anything that's approved. I guess as an alternative I can buy those United test kits and use that as a pre-boarding test in addition to carrying some as a return test.
Have you tried looking at this list from official ETIS website on accepted tests. I'm a Kaiser member but haven't checked the test they are using for the reasons above on it being accepted/not accepted. I found a place I used in the past that lists the test that is on the ETIS list of accepted tests.

I linked the ETIS official accepted tests below. Good luck!
https://www.service-public.pf/dsp/wp...FDA-et-CNR.pdf
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 10:41 am

Have you tried looking at this list from official ETIS website on accepted tests. I'm a Kaiser member but haven't checked the test they are using for the reasons above on it being accepted/not accepted. I found a place I used in the past that lists the test that is on the ETIS list of accepted tests.

Yeah that was the same link in my post, but the more I read into these, it's looking at actual lab equipment tests. For instance I don't know what Walgreens or my local community center uses. Are people just calling them up and asking what lab equipment is being used for test?

I looked back at some 2020 results when I went to a local drive thru testing, it was also a Quest self collection (but monitored to make sure it's you obviously). I have a tough time imagining such a big lab doesn't even show up on the qualified list.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2021, 12:52 am

IMHO, based on no 2021 tests added and conflicting info at the bottom of the link that says antigen tests are non-conforming, I believe the list is outdated. We are doing an antigen test within 48 hours as that is now accepted and it tends to cost less and results are in an hour.
Xyzzy and SamirD like this.
Old Jul 25, 2021, 1:04 am

Originally Posted by mileagehighclub
Yeah that was the same link in my post, but the more I read into these, it's looking at actual lab equipment tests. For instance I don't know what Walgreens or my local community center uses. Are people just calling them up and asking what lab equipment is being used for test?

I looked back at some 2020 results when I went to a local drive thru testing, it was also a Quest self collection (but monitored to make sure it's you obviously). I have a tough time imagining such a big lab doesn't even show up on the qualified list.
Timitac states:
Passengers must have:
- a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test taken at most 72 hours before departure from the first embarkation point; or
- a negative COVID-19 antigen test taken at most 48 hours before departure from the first embarkation point.

Also, tahititourism.com states:

Please note that Antibody, Self-Testing, Home Testing or Rapid Tests of any kind (other than the accepted Antigen Test that allows for the detection of the “N” protein), including rapid RT-PCR tests such as the Abbott ID NOW are not accepted by the Health Authorities of French Polynesia and aircraft boarding will be denied.

RT-PCR Test or Antigen TestAll travelers aged of 12 years and older must provide:
  • proof of a negative RT-PCR test (any RT-PCR test listed on this FDA site is allowed) carried out less than 72h prior to their international air departure.
  • or proof of a negative antigen test allowing for the detection of the “N” protein of the SARS COV-19, carried out less than 48 hours prior to the flight to French Polynesia.

and from AirTahitNui web-site:

If having an RT-PCR test 3 days prior to departure these conditions apply:
  • Proof of a negative Covid-19 test (RT-PCR) molecular laboratory test, carried out within three days prior to their Air Tahiti Nui international air departure (e.g. if the flight departs on a Tuesday at 11:55 PM, the passenger needs to take the test the preceding Saturday).
  • The test has to be a molecular SARS-CoV-2 genome detection for Covid-19 by Reverse Transcriptase-Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) performed by a qualified professional.
  • The document with the results of this test must clearly state:
    • A negative result
    • Test type being laboratory molecular RT-PCR. All molecular tests proposed with the abbreviations below* are accepted:
      • *RT-PCR = reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction
      • *RT = reverse transcriptase
      • *RT-LAMP = loop-mediated isothermal amplification
      • *TMA = Transcription Mediated Amplification
      • *Isothermal amplification
      • *STAR = Selective Temperature Amplification Reaction
    • Date test taken
    • Name of individual/passenger
    • The medical document must be issued by a Doctor, Hospital or Medical Clinic and must be presented to airline staff upon check-in prior to boarding the flight to French Polynesia
If having an Antigen test 2 days prior to departure these conditions apply:
  • Proof of a negative Antigen Covid-19 test (TESTING FOR THE “N” PROTEIN OF THE SARS COVID-19) carried out within two days days prior to their Air Tahiti Nui international air departure (e.g. if the flight departs on a Tuesday at 11:55 PM, the passenger needs to take the test the no earlier than the preceding Sunday).
  • The receipt document must state:
    • Date test taken
    • Name of individual/passenger
    • The medical document must be issued by a Doctor, Hospital or Medical Clinic and must be presented to airline staff upon check-in prior to boarding the flight to French Polynesia
Xyzzy and SamirD like this.

Last edited by FrontOfTheCurtain; Jul 25, 2021 at 5:38 am
Old Jul 25, 2021, 1:20 am

Does anyone that has been there recently know if this sworn statement is still required per Timitac?

http://www.polynesie-francaise.pref....39;honneur.pdf
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 6:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers
Surveillance fee is based on vaccination status, BTW -- $50 if you're vaccinated, $120 if you aren't. I would assume everyone here travelling to Tahiti for tourism purposes is vaccinated, but just FYI.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 12:25 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Originally Posted by havedill
I flew United on 7-15. At check in They would only accept the RT-PCR test. It seemed that their documentation interpreted the Tahiti entry requirements stricter then than Tahiti web site.
Thank you for the data point. You flew the same day we did and seem to run into the same scenario. We all got RT-PCR tests at $100 a pop and had smooth sailing using those. We had our Kaiser tests too just in case of whatever.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 12:30 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Originally Posted by LHG
We flew back on UA PPT-SFO on July 15th and we were allowed (actually welcomed) in to the lounge with our PP card. It was nice to have the AC and clean bathrooms (we did check in 3hours early). They only have cups of noodles, canapes, crackers, cornichons, olives etc for snacking on. There is a full spread of wine, beer, and other drinks. No showers (but we were prepared and showered off after snorkeling in Moorea earlier in the day before boarding the late afternoon ferry).
I don't know if there is a cut off for the PP card holders closer to the time of the flight or not. We were in economy, not business as a prior poster mentioned.
Thank you for this data point. We were denied access on the 24th when we returned, and on top of that our flight was delayed departing to add insult to injury. We had been nearly 12hrs without a proper rest before we even got on the flight since we had to check out at 11am from our hotel.

I contacted PP about this and what PP said is to call them on the spot when this happens to they can talk to the lounge. The lounge can generally only deny if the lounge request is outside of PP lounge hours or if the lounge is full. But the only compensation PP will give you in the case of denial is a 'complimentary visit', whatever that is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.