Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NWA/Delta merger - no meals?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2009, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still PAL Premier Elite & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Burj
HA! Jailed for abuse...if only that were possible! Actually since DL has the joint venture thing with Air France, that is why beer and wine are free on TATL flights now...before you just got one free drink with dinner...

If only Air France had stipulated that food quality has to be decent too...
All booze was free on NW TATL due to the joint venture w/ KL. Deltification has been a negative in that regard.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by MikeMpls
All booze was free on NW TATL due to the joint venture w/ KL. Deltification has been a negative in that regard.
You are right of course...since I'm a non-drinker I never kept tabs of what was free with which carrier...

But yeah, Deltification has been bad in many respects...I miss my old WorldClubs...
Old Aug 5, 2009, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for advice and welcome!

Thanks to all who replied - seems like the consensus is that a mistake was made on my confirmation and that we will get fed. The advice also seems to say 'that in coach class dont have high expectations about the food!.

thanks to all for making me feel welcome to flyertalk.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Please report back -- that definitely will be a merger improvement.
There is a complimentary meal in Y on the MSP-HNL-MSP run. If anyone's interested, I took a quick snapshot of it so you know what to expect.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 5:13 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Has anyone taken the Delta flight from LAX to KOA? What can one expect for a meal and service on that flight in F?
Old Oct 28, 2009, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/2MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by slippahs
There is a complimentary meal in Y on the MSP-HNL-MSP run. If anyone's interested, I took a quick snapshot of it so you know what to expect.
Would love to see it...do NW crews do a midflight and prelanding beverage service on this route in addition to the meal? Is it a hot meal similar to TATL Y meals?
Old Nov 7, 2009, 12:50 pm

Programs: DL (former NWA) PM
MSP-HNL

Originally Posted by slippahs
Y Meal picture & contents please...
Old Nov 7, 2009, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/2MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by msp727
Y Meal picture & contents please...
Also looking forward to it
Old Nov 7, 2009, 11:25 pm

I don't have pictures but can confirm that last week there was a complimentary hot meal followed by a light snack one and a half hour prior to landing on DL's A330 service ATL-HNL and the HNL-MSP flights in coach. There was a charge for wine, beer, or cocktails however. Also mid flight they did come around for a beverage service and were selling trail mix, snack boxes, and Pringles on the outbound ATL-HNL flight.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Redeemed
I don't have pictures but can confirm that last week there was a complimentary hot meal followed by a light snack one and a half hour prior to landing on DL's A330 service ATL-HNL and the HNL-MSP flights in coach. There was a charge for wine, beer, or cocktails however. Also mid flight they did come around for a beverage service and were selling trail mix, snack boxes, and Pringles on the outbound ATL-HNL flight.
This is quite impressive since this is a domestic route. While fares are as expensive as many intl fares, DL did not have to take the high road. I wonder if the second snack is akin to the second snack on intl Y flights (hot pizza)...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.