Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Name matching experience

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2009, 5:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
My business centers around tracking people. We state VERY, VERY clearly that people should sign up with their legal names.

Many, many people do not. Whether they don't read the instructions, or don't think they apply to them, I don't know. And it does cause them problem later. We don't have the rule just for fun.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 9:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, Delta 1M, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Too bad I didn't realize that 9/11, TSA and the Patriot Act was coming back in 93 when I joined WorldPerks.....Sheez, I am just trying to say, don't wait until the last minute before you fly to make these changes so you don't loose you benefits. End of story.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 9:40 pm

It really doesnt have to be this hard....If you legal name/passport and Worldperks dont match, then ...write or Fax the WPSC, with a copy of your passport, we will make the name correction, and then ask RES to reissue any outstanding tkts to the correct name, and re add your FF nbr...I work all next week, give me a call!! :-)..Actually TSA has given NW/DL special dispensation to implement "secure flight" due to the merger of the 2 computer systems!
Old Jul 31, 2009, 9:41 pm

Oh yeah, then make sure SM matches as well, and link your accts if you have both!
Old Jul 31, 2009, 10:09 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/1.2MM, UA Premier gold/1MM, Choice diamond, Marriott gold
Again...

This from the Continental rep for my wife's travel agency:

We are getting a lot of questions regarding changing a name once a ticket has been issued and changing OnePass accounts to match IDs neither of these are necessary.

The PNR/Ticket name should match the OnePass name (this can be Bob instead of Robert and no middle name is required)

The name the agency submits in the SSR should match the Gov ID (this is the information that is sent to the TSA not the PNR/Ticket name)

They dont all need to match each other
When a customer goes through a security check point and the boarding pass name does not exactly match the ID name security wont care because the SSR name was already verified with the TSA which allowed the boarding pass to be printed.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 6:31 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by kcnwgold
Too bad I didn't realize that 9/11, TSA and the Patriot Act was coming back in 93 when I joined WorldPerks.....
Sorry if you feel offended. Actually the advice I gave above is the same advice I have given to friends and colleagues since 1982 when I moved overseas. Nothing really to do with 9/11 at all, though now the government is beginning to realize how important it can be.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 9:40 pm

...and then there are those of us whose were cursed with "Jr." or another suffix. There is no consistent place to put it on forms.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.