Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Consolidated NW/DL Operations in SEA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated NW/DL Operations in SEA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2009, 12:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Hmm... mixed feelings-

Finally gained access to the club, and it was nice. It had several unique items I enjoyed, the OJ in the fridge was great, mini-carrots, and the lemon bars I've indulged in a little too much

The dried fruit looks good, but snack mix... meh, and nutella I could get at the CO PC

FWIW... CO PC @ the end of B gates should have Tillamook still...
Old Jul 6, 2009, 12:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Poopdeck90210
I talked to a SEA SC staff member today, and she found out from one of the DL Directors out here that there will be a brand new, 7000 SF Sky Club built on the 2nd floor of the S Terminal which will take 18 months to build. Unfortunately, no start date has been committed to. I stop by the SEA SC weekly, so I will see what I can find out in terms of more details on this development. ^
Glad to have this rumor I heard confirmed ^

I know its bounced around a bit from the previous expansion into a 2 story club in the existing footprint with a completion of September and now a 7K club... on the roof I assume.

Hope they have lots of windows, and I vote for a shower too, especially with DL/NW's intl' flights ex SEA~
Old Aug 9, 2009, 3:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: DELTA
Thumbs down Flock of DL Robots at SEA

Hmm... I went to get my son's checked in for their SEA-MSP on Saturday night. I do have to say that the DL TA's who staff the ticket counter at Sea-Tac provide service that is world class... in it's mediocrity! I needed to pay for my 15 year old son's checked bag. When I showed up at the PE counter, both of the TA's who were doing NOTHING told me to scoot down to aisles 17 and 18 (about 4 aisles down) to have the GA's there help me since they claimed they had NO ACCESS to legacy NW ticketing systems!!! What the &#*!???

Okay, so I went dutifully down to aisles 17 and 18 and waited about 10 minutes for one of the two TA's staffing these aisles to finish with their "high maintenance" customers. The GA who helped me I had never seen before, so I think it is a fairly good guess that she is legacy DL. I can say that while she did help me get my son's bag checked in, she had a personality that, quite honestly, made me nostalgic for the "Lost In Space" robot. I am not sure if this was a function of her or a function of the ridgid, Elite unfriendly policies of DL that she has been saddled and brainwashed with. I suspect it is the latter...

On a positive note, Russ of the SEA SC did take very good care of my sons after they showed up at the club. Thank you Russ... you rockstar, legacy NW employee you!!! ^

-A

Last edited by Poopdeck90210; Aug 9, 2009 at 4:11 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.