Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

nwa/Delta MERGER: General Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

nwa/Delta MERGER: General Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2008, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by TheMoose
If they approve giving the Delta board proxy control (which they almost certainly will do), it will allow Delta to approve the merger within hours (or minutes) of DoJ approval. That's all this vote does. The DoJ decision could still take until Nov/Dec. or later to be delivered.
I'm sure they would like it to be approved as quick as possible. However, they have until Jan 20 to close the deal. Anything after that and DL/NW would likely have to add additional labor agreements.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 11:48 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 650k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
But 9/25 is an intervention point for those who are agin' it.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by baswanson
Hey everyone I was wondering if the NWA and Delta merger is still happening if it is happening than would anyone know when the merger is completed. I was just wondering too what happens when two airlines merge together.
I have been asking this question myself. It would be nice to have a joint "sticky" posted on both the Delta and Northwest boards to discuss continuing developments. Even though this is such a critical issue, it seems to repeatedly disappear from discussion forcing a random search to bring up the last thread.

A joint sticky could keep all DL and NW flyers informed.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by BF263533
I have been asking this question myself. It would be nice to have a joint "sticky" posted on both the Delta and Northwest boards to discuss continuing developments. Even though this is such a critical issue, it seems to repeatedly disappear from discussion forcing a random search to bring up the last thread.

A joint sticky could keep all DL and NW flyers informed.
I agree with that, especially for us overseas members, for whom info is not so easy to get. A sticky would help in this fluid situation.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 9:40 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Appears the last significant hurdle is the merging of the pilot's seniority list. Any word on this one?

Steve B.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by sbagdon
Appears the last significant hurdle is the merging of the pilot's seniority list. Any word on this one?

Steve B.
According to what I read on Yahoo News, it was in the working, and on a positive note, to the benefit of NW pilots ( from my personal experience, I would have never thought the NW pilots were behind the 8ball ). Look at this "http://www.airportbusiness.com/online/article.jsp?siteSection=1&id=21087"
Old Jul 30, 2008, 5:59 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
There's a glimpse into NW's future under a DL-dominated frequent flyer program:

https://www.delta.com/skymiles/about...tes/index.jsp?

Be aware that the chart was constructed as one-way pricing, so to do a comparison with current award price levels normally noted on airline charts, double the mileage figures DL is now publishing.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 1:14 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder
There's a glimpse into NW's future under a DL-dominated frequent flyer program:

https://www.delta.com/skymiles/about...tes/index.jsp?

1. Should we assume that Discounted = never, Expanded = ~PerkSaver, LastSeat = ~PerkPass?
2. Holy mileage increases! Even for the "discounted" never-gonna-happen section: 60k RT to Europe in Y. (90k for "expanded"?) Ouch.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by florin

1. Should we assume that Discounted = never, Expanded = ~PerkSaver, LastSeat = ~PerkPass?
2. Holy mileage increases! Even for the "discounted" never-gonna-happen section: 60k RT to Europe in Y. (90k for "expanded"?) Ouch.
Not only that, they will offer the lower mileage options only on carriers other than DL and then collect their "partner airline handling" fee, which adds another $ 50.00 on an International itinerary. So, they screw us double.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 6:17 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by florin
Over time, that's what it will approach.

Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
Not only that, they will offer the lower mileage options only on carriers other than DL and then collect their "partner airline handling" fee, which adds another $ 50.00 on an International itinerary. So, they screw us double.
... and if you start a trip outside of the US, DL may hit you with (up to and including) a substantial three digit US$ amount "international origination" award ticket fee for starting an award trip overseas (even on its own flights).

Welcome to DL.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 8:21 am

My first through after seeing the DL "award" table was that DLers would be better off with Thank You Points using Fixed Point Rewards. However, I think the reason DL can get away with this is because of the way they give away MQMs and Miles in general with their credit cards and promos.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 9:26 am

Programs: Delta Dirt Medallion,AA,USairways, WN Rapid Rewards, National Emerald Club
Originally Posted by GTITAN
A cautionary tale now for those who are staying behind, Delta is running that stupid 2x EQM promo which very may further swell their already swollen elite ranks. It may be prudent for those who are requalifying to be prepared for a mass of elites that will really be problematic. Just a thought. Safe travels on this sorry evening.
Perhaps, like the pilots, we should come up with an "elite seniority integration" plan.

Due to Delta elite inflation we could interleave NW elites at 3 to 1 ratio
Old Aug 1, 2008, 1:49 pm

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by hazelrah
Perhaps, like the pilots, we should come up with an "elite seniority integration" plan.

Due to Delta elite inflation we could interleave NW elites at 3 to 1 ratio

Anyone who hasn't sent their letter to DOJ opposing this merger needs to do so. This is about as welcome as the US merging with Zimbabwe and agreeing that Mugabe will run the show.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 11:49 am

Programs: United 1K, Delta DM 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond, Hertz PC, Europcar Elite VIP, Accor Gold
Welcome to the New Delta!

At BWI on Tuesday I spotted this sign at a Delta gate: "Welcome to the new Delta!"

Somehow, I am not inspired by the New Global Airline's flight departure information displayed on brand new state of the art computerized boards... in magic marker on dot matrix printer paper.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by LUMRS
At BWI on Tuesday I spotted this sign at a Delta gate: "Welcome to the new Delta!"

Somehow, I am not inspired by the New Global Airline's flight departure information displayed on brand new state of the art computerized boards... in magic marker on dot matrix printer paper.
To me, that looks like sensible problem-solving from a gate agent with a sense of humor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.