Segment 1 posts, segment 2 doesn't?

Old Feb 21, 07, 3:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, DL, HA, QF (ex-TW, AA, NW)
Question Segment 1 posts, segment 2 doesn't?

A couple weekends ago, I flew EDI-CDG-SIN on AF 5053/256. My WP number showed up on the first BP printed (EDI-CDG) but not the second (CDG-SIN). Both segments showed up, were "Q" for a week, then got credited.

Last weekend, I did the SIN-CDG-EDI return on AF 257/5050. Again, my WP number printed on the first BP (SIN-CDG) but not the second (CDG-EDI). The first segment (flown overnight 17 Feb) has shown up and is "Q" but the second segment (flown the morning of 18 Feb) hasn't shown up at all.

Fortunately, I kept the BP stubs, but I'm wondering how something like this even happens.
Old Feb 21, 07, 5:18 am

I am not sure that AF system is perfectly integrated with NW. Good thing that you saved your boarding pass, I would probably wait a few more days for the Q to post with credit and then request the mileage credit through talk to us...
Old Feb 21, 07, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by humanoid94 View Post
I am not sure that AF system is perfectly integrated with NW. Good thing that you saved your boarding pass, I would probably wait a few more days for the Q to post with credit and then request the mileage credit through talk to us...
Is TTU an acceptable way of asking for mileage credit? I've always just mailed things in... with varying results.

(I mailed in 2x KQ, 2x HA and 2x CZ from last fall; the non-EQM-earning KQ ones now show up, but the EQM-earning HA and CZ ones don't!)

I do want to make sure this one posts, as I've not yet requalified for 2008.
Old Feb 21, 07, 11:23 am

Programs: NW Gold, '06. Good times.
Originally Posted by DanTravels View Post
Is TTU an acceptable way of asking for mileage credit? I've always just mailed things in... with varying results.

(I mailed in 2x KQ, 2x HA and 2x CZ from last fall; the non-EQM-earning KQ ones now show up, but the EQM-earning HA and CZ ones don't!)

I do want to make sure this one posts, as I've not yet requalified for 2008.
TTU is fine if it's for a NW-issued ticket. Click: WP programs/WP mileage/missing miles. If it's not, NW said:

Only NWA issued tickets can be accepted for this process. For flights on tickets issued on other airlines copies of the ticket issued and boarding passes must be submitted to the WorldPerks Service Center at 601 Oak Street, Chisholm MN 55719-1995.
I've had success getting a CO trip to post through this process. Who issued the ticket?

If you're not sure, my suggestion is to fill out TTU, give it a couple of days to see if you get a response, and if you hear nothing then mail your documents - keeping copies for yourself - to the address above.

Good luck.

Last edited by hoyateach; Feb 21, 07 at 11:25 am Reason: spelling
Old Feb 21, 07, 11:29 am

Use the PE fax number. Either attach (with tape or glue) the boarding pass to the cover letter or fax a second sheet with a photocopy of the boarding pass(es). You should receive satisfaction within 1-2 business days. But I might wait a couple of days for that "Q" to clear up. I've seen that before on an AZ flight.
Old Feb 21, 07, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

These weren't NW-issued. Expedia, typically. And yes, I fax before mailing. I mailed in the half-dozen from last year after faxing them got no response within a month. Since I'm out-of-country, I don't know whether I'll try to fax this one in, may just mail it.

And the "Q" will take about a week to go away - or at least, the "Q" on the outbound segments did. I'm not worried about it. I just want that final segment to show up.
Old Feb 21, 07, 1:28 pm

Programs: NW-Plat. Elite, YX-Executive, HH-Diamond VIP,
Happened to me a couple of times. Called WP-Elite Line. The CSA walked through my itinerary and put in for the credit. It showed up two days later.
Old Feb 21, 07, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BerraTV View Post
Happened to me a couple of times. Called WP-Elite Line. The CSA walked through my itinerary and put in for the credit. It showed up two days later.
Did this work on non-NW-ticketed itins?
Old Jun 21, 07, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Giving it another shot at getting it to post.

I mailed in the CDG-EDI Feb 18 boarding pass in (early) March.

Never got the miles. Never heard a thing.

But then, I never heard a thing after faxing a HA boarding pass from last october, and two CZ boarding passes from last December, on December 19th - and then mailing them all too, in January.

So that's 4 flights - thankfully, all pretty short, but still ones I'd like the miles for!

Anyway, I've typed up a nice Word document with a 1-page letter listing flight number, O&D pair, date, PNR, what seat I was in, and for all but the HA one, even the ticket number, followed by a page with copies of all the boarding passes. And I've faxed it over.

Next month will be the 9-month cutoff for me to submit my boarding pass for the Hawaiian segment, and I'm concerned that NW might just continue to act like they've never gotten anything from me, despite multiple faxes and letters.

I'm hoping this time's the charm.
Old Jun 21, 07, 8:25 am

This definitely sounds like a job for... [trumpets blare] NW scoop.
Old Jun 21, 07, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP View Post
This definitely sounds like a job for... [trumpets blare] NW scoop.
I dunno, I thought Scoopy was more 'bout explaining things and not so much 'bout sorting out individual cases.

And I had thought that all this definitely sounded like something I could hold up as a "proof" that I am not in the 2% (or 5%, 10% or 20%) club, or an "insider," or someone who gets "special treatment" all the time, or whatever.
Old Jun 21, 07, 10:59 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by DanTravels View Post
I dunno, I thought Scoopy was more 'bout explaining things and not so much 'bout sorting out individual cases.

And I had thought that all this definitely sounded like something I could hold up as a "proof" that I am not in the 2% (or 5%, 10% or 20%) club, or an "insider," or someone who gets "special treatment" all the time, or whatever.
That's correct. Scoop is to explain questions or issues that might arise to address misunderstandings of the WorldPerks program. S/he's not a reservation/customer service agent by no means.

Fax it over again and in your letter kindly ask for a response to the fax to explain why the miles aren't posting. I'm assuming that the HA flight was booked/flown in the correct, mileage-earning fare class?
Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
Use the PE fax number.
The fax number is actually the same for all levels of elites.
Old Jun 21, 07, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by slippahs View Post
That's correct. Scoop is to explain questions or issues that might arise to address misunderstandings of the WorldPerks program. S/he's not a reservation/customer service agent by no means.
I never said NW Scoop was a reservation/customer service agent.

However, NW Scoop has assisted several FTers with specific issues regarding mileage postings (or lackthereof) when the regular WorldPerks agents have been unsuccessful at resolving whatever the situation was. So, since this seems to be an enigma, it does seem to me like something NW Scoop might be able to look into.
Old Jun 21, 07, 11:46 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP View Post
I never said NW Scoop was a reservation/customer service agent.

However, NW Scoop has assisted several FTers with specific issues regarding mileage postings (or lackthereof) when the regular WorldPerks agents have been unsuccessful at resolving whatever the situation was. So, since this seems to be an enigma, it does seem to me like something NW Scoop might be able to look into.
Right... and I'm just reemphasizing the point of Scoopy, who is not meant to be a reservation sales/customer service representative.

Scoopy, however, does care a lot about issues such as Dan's that arises from the WorldPerks program, explaining the enigma.
Old Jun 21, 07, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by slippahs View Post
Fax it over again and in your letter kindly ask for a response to the fax to explain why the miles aren't posting. I'm assuming that the HA flight was booked/flown in the correct, mileage-earning fare class?
I actually faxed it all over (again) before posting last night, but yeah, it was fare class I ($59), and the boarding pass stub even has my WP number on it! (Though it's not prefixed with "NW" - but I don't think HawaiianMiles has gone to 12-digit numbers yet, so I wouldn't expect them to have accidentally credited someone else's account.)

Honestly, CZ was more of a pain to deal with (of course - almost anyone is more of a pain to deal with than HA), and the one that matters most to me is the AF one this year, since that impacts my EQMs.

Search this Thread