Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Gate Agent was dressed like a Hooker

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2006, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, SW, Hilton, , UAL PM, AA Gold-skeptic

DTW - CHS last night, 9pm: This one was a peach. She had poofy fake blond hair, (big), black roots really visible. Tight blue jean jacket covered her uniform, ID was clipped to her belt, so name wasn't visible. Belt buckle huge and flashy. Pants were ultra tight, way too low on the hips, and the heels were about 4". I swear she looked like a cheap hooker. She shuffled around (due to the tight pants and heels) like the Secretary Mrs. Wiggins (Carol Burnett character) way back when. Oh, and add the chomping of the gum, and you get the whole picture.

To top it off, when she was bored waiting to board the passengers, she took off to and "took the load off" over on the other side of the concourse, in full view, and hung out in a row of empty seats at an unused gate.

Do they have absolutely no standards anymore? This one was an absolute disgrace.
Old Apr 18, 2006, 4:43 pm

Programs: NW Gold, '06. Good times.
Originally Posted by rrz518
DTW - CHS last night, 9pm: This one was a peach. She had poofy fake blond hair, (big), black roots really visible. Tight blue jean jacket covered her uniform, ID was clipped to her belt, so name wasn't visible. Belt buckle huge and flashy. Pants were ultra tight, way too low on the hips, and the heels were about 4". I swear she looked like a cheap hooker. She shuffled around (due to the tight pants and heels) like the Secretary Mrs. Wiggins (Carol Burnett character) way back when. Oh, and add the chomping of the gum, and you get the whole picture.

To top it off, when she was bored waiting to board the passengers, she took off to and "took the load off" over on the other side of the concourse, in full view, and hung out in a row of empty seats at an unused gate.

Do they have absolutely no standards anymore? This one was an absolute disgrace.
Didja write to NW?
Old Apr 18, 2006, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hoyateach
Didja write to NW?
Not yet... Too late of an arrival and I worked all day. I did get a snapshot of the Madame from the seating area, I might send them an email with it.
Old Apr 18, 2006, 4:56 pm

Programs: DL reject, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Jelly of the Month, formerly NWA Plat (RIP)
Perhaps another NWA marketing intiative to follow up on the overwhelming success of Coach Choice (SM)? "In select markets, trained gate agents will be replaced with an 'entertainment coordinator' to further complicate your overall NWA travel experience"...

Last edited by LostInAmerica; Apr 18, 2006 at 4:57 pm Reason: typo
Old Apr 18, 2006, 5:29 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Gold
No class - you should send the pic with your email
Old Apr 18, 2006, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by rrz518
I swear she looked like a cheap hooker.
With NWA getting employees to agree to reduced wages, they have to supplement their income in some way.
Old Apr 18, 2006, 6:28 pm

Programs: DL Million Miler
>>>>>Do they have absolutely no standards anymore? This one was an absolute disgrace.

Are you sure you weren't in PAR? I was there with my sister-in-law a while back, and while I always appreciate local customs and charm, she ultimately sputtered about the local metro riders, shopkeepers, schoolgirls, and mothers pushing strollers in the parks:
"And they all dress like whores!"
Old Apr 18, 2006, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
What, you didn't consider it was just another way for NW to boost revenues?
Old Apr 18, 2006, 6:32 pm

Programs: NW Plat
Well, at least you didn't say that she was ugly!
Old Apr 18, 2006, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AlexM
Well, at least you didn't say that she was ugly!
She was ugly
Old Apr 18, 2006, 7:41 pm

Have you written NWA about it yet, or just complained about it on FT?

I think this is the sort of thing that doesn't really belong here. Nothing good can come from it (and nothing has so far in this thread). Just email/write NWA and don't waste your time posting this kind of junk on FT.

$.02
Old Apr 18, 2006, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA Gold
hmm...NW has a strange sense of pre-flight entertainment...but i do agree that the NW employees should be allowed to have some other source of income since they're paid like crap.
Old Apr 18, 2006, 8:30 pm

Programs: CO Pt Infinite (1k life)/ 1MM - NW/DL Silver life/1 MM
Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
...I think this is the sort of thing that doesn't really belong here...
Why not? A (possibly) interesting twist on the trevails of a FFer. Must everything be nuts & bolts and quantifiable?
Old Apr 18, 2006, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by carpboy
Why not? A (possibly) interesting twist on the trevails of a FFer. Must everything be nuts & bolts and quantifiable?
Agreed...A little off topic humor never hurt anyone
Old Apr 18, 2006, 9:04 pm
BCH

I know exactly who you mean. I fly through DTW a lot and I see her all the time! The first time I saw her, I had the same reaction as you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.