Reload this Page >

The Complete Guide to EWR - Newark Liberty International Airport [OUTDATED]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Complete Guide to EWR - Newark Liberty International Airport [OUTDATED]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2014, 6:52 pm

Does one need to go through security check again if one makes a transfer at Newark airport? I am going Seattle->Newark->NewDelhi by united airlines. Would I have to go through security check again after landing in Newark?
Old Jun 13, 2014, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by satk
Does one need to go through security check again if one makes a transfer at Newark airport? I am going Seattle->Newark->NewDelhi by united airlines. Would I have to go through security check again after landing in Newark?
As per my previous experience, you should not... check your boarding gates.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
Sorry to bump an old thread, but it seemed relevant...and I couldn't find a "Where to Eat at EWR" thread...

Crumbs Bake Shop has closed all 60-someodd storefronts. Presumably this includes their shop at EWR Terminal C.

Shocking that a store that based its entire business model on overpriced baked goods couldn't stay afloat. Just shocking. </sarcasm>
Old Jul 14, 2014, 10:32 am

Programs: Miles&More
Unites Club question

Hi, Sorry if this question has been asked before...
I'm travelling GVA-EWR (in business) then EWR-MCO in first.
Is it true that First class passengers on internal flights don't get acess to United Club even if they're connecting from an international flight?
I have no FF status with united or Star alliance
Thanks for your reply!
Old Jul 15, 2014, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by concordino
Hi, Sorry if this question has been asked before...
I'm travelling GVA-EWR (in business) then EWR-MCO in first.
Is it true that First class passengers on internal flights don't get acess to United Club even if they're connecting from an international flight?
I have no FF status with united or Star alliance
Thanks for your reply!
Domestic First Class does not grant anyone access to the United Club. However, international travelers in First and Business have access to the United Club. One small caveat... I'm certain this is the case for access before an international flight in First or Business. I'm not 100% certain about access after the international flight.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 6:09 am

Programs: Miles&More
Thanks for your answer, let's hope they grant me acces, would really like to see waht it looks like!
Any recommendation on what lounge I should be visiting in EWR?
Is ther an arrival lounge?
Old Jul 19, 2014, 10:28 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
Originally Posted by concordino
Thanks for your answer, let's hope they grant me acces, would really like to see waht it looks like!
Any recommendation on what lounge I should be visiting in EWR?
Is ther an arrival lounge?
There is no "arrival lounge", as US airports don't allow for transfers behind security like international airports elsewhere in the world. All travelers must clear US immigration and customs, then pass through a TSA security checkpoint to access the gate area.

There are two lounges in EWR Terminal C - one in the center of the C1 concourse, and one at the base of the C3 concourse. Both offer essentially the same things, although I think only one has shower facilities (C1, I think?). Unless you need the showers, you should probably use the club closest to your departure gate.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 5:10 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
United Terminal C to Delta Terminal B

Is it possible to do an airside transfer or is reclearing security in terminal B required?
Old Jul 21, 2014, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by RJNYC
Is it possible to do an airside transfer or is reclearing security in terminal B required?
No. The airside shuttle bus only stops at the B3 pier (presumably for *A international connections). Delta is in B1 (the non-FIS-connected pier), and as with Terminal A, the piers in Terminal B are not interconnected airside, so you would need to exit security at Terminal C, take the AirTrain (or walk) to Terminal B, and reclear TSA.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 1:42 pm

Programs: UA Gold + 1MM; HHonors Gold; Marriott Plat
International - Dom connection time

I am connecting from a LHR-EWR flight to a UA express EWR-BWI flight. I know I have to go thru immigration and customs and probably TSA. Of course, probably change terminals too. I have Global Entry (and hence TSAPre). How much time should I budget? Will 1 hour be enough?
Old Jul 25, 2014, 2:29 pm

Red face Newark help for Agoraphobic

Hi guys! I have agoraphobia: fear of open places, or more accurately, fear of large crowded places, like airports. I have very severe panic attacks in airports.

Soooo, that brings me to my question: Where are the small, quiet places in Newark airport????

I'll be in Terminal B (B3) for my layover (3 hours, 40 min) leaving, and then returning I will be in Terminal A for that layover (6 hours, 30 min).

Small areas could be anywhere I can feel not overwhelmed by people, small and dark is best: meditation room/chapel, baby nursing rooms, airport movie theaters, hallways, hell I'll hide in a closet if I could!

Any help you could provide would be awesome!
Thanks!
Old Jul 28, 2014, 9:15 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, AAdvantage Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Killing time in the middle of the night

I booked an award ticket that departs at the ungodly hour of 1:50am and expect to arrive at the airport around 10pm so that the person dropping me off can get to bed at a decent time.

This leaves me with 4 hours to kill, and it appears that most restaurants close at 10pm and the lounge closes at 10:45pm. Is there anything open this time of night, or will I be limited to killing time at the gate? Any diversion would be appreciated.

FWIW, I'm flying Cathay Pacific EWR-HKG economy out of Terminal B and am OW Sapphire.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by musouka02
Hi guys! I have agoraphobia: fear of open places, or more accurately, fear of large crowded places, like airports. I have very severe panic attacks in airports.

Soooo, that brings me to my question: Where are the small, quiet places in Newark airport????

I'll be in Terminal B (B3) for my layover (3 hours, 40 min) leaving, and then returning I will be in Terminal A for that layover (6 hours, 30 min).

Small areas could be anywhere I can feel not overwhelmed by people, small and dark is best: meditation room/chapel, baby nursing rooms, airport movie theaters, hallways, hell I'll hide in a closet if I could!

Any help you could provide would be awesome!
Thanks!
I hate to say it, but you're somewhat out of luck. Terminals A & B are largely outdated facilities with long arms leading to circular boarding areas. As such, there are few facilities and even fewer 'small, dark, quiet spaces' in either terminal post-security. Also, the boarding area has windows on all sides, so there's really no such thing as an 'interior' space. Aside from airline lounges, you'll be hard pressed to find the type of space you need to feel comfortable. If this is going to be a huge issue for you, you may want to consider rerouting.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by patmcpsu
I booked an award ticket that departs at the ungodly hour of 1:50am and expect to arrive at the airport around 10pm so that the person dropping me off can get to bed at a decent time.

This leaves me with 4 hours to kill, and it appears that most restaurants close at 10pm and the lounge closes at 10:45pm. Is there anything open this time of night, or will I be limited to killing time at the gate? Any diversion would be appreciated.
All I can think of is purchasing a day pass for the lounge if permitted. CX uses the BA Galleries lounge at EWR and it's open until 0130. I had a 130a-730a layover at EWR Terminal C a few weeks ago and the place was dead, although I think the food court McDonald's may have stayed open all night, mainly to sell the cleaner-workers coffee. I got some sleep on the concourse floor.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 10:43 pm

Place with tables and chairs at EWR pre security

Hope of you guys that frequent EWR could help me out. If I'm flying United and have a stopover at EWR is there anywhere I could meet up with some friends before security. I have a few hour stopover but not enough time to leave the airport. Can I leave the secure area and sit with them somewhere? They are not flying. Any foot court type places that have tables and chairs available pre-security? Since I'm flying on 1 itinerary on United my bags will get checked through to my final destination so I think I just have to leave myself enough time to get through security. Any advice or tips would be appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.