FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Complete Guide to EWR - Newark Liberty International Airport [OUTDATED]
Old Jul 28, 2014, 2:04 pm
Critic

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
Originally Posted by musouka02
Hi guys! I have agoraphobia: fear of open places, or more accurately, fear of large crowded places, like airports. I have very severe panic attacks in airports.

Soooo, that brings me to my question: Where are the small, quiet places in Newark airport????

I'll be in Terminal B (B3) for my layover (3 hours, 40 min) leaving, and then returning I will be in Terminal A for that layover (6 hours, 30 min).

Small areas could be anywhere I can feel not overwhelmed by people, small and dark is best: meditation room/chapel, baby nursing rooms, airport movie theaters, hallways, hell I'll hide in a closet if I could!

Any help you could provide would be awesome!
Thanks!
I hate to say it, but you're somewhat out of luck. Terminals A & B are largely outdated facilities with long arms leading to circular boarding areas. As such, there are few facilities and even fewer 'small, dark, quiet spaces' in either terminal post-security. Also, the boarding area has windows on all sides, so there's really no such thing as an 'interior' space. Aside from airline lounges, you'll be hard pressed to find the type of space you need to feel comfortable. If this is going to be a huge issue for you, you may want to consider rerouting.