The Complete Guide to EWR - Newark Liberty International Airport [OUTDATED]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Complete Guide to EWR - Newark Liberty International Airport [OUTDATED]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2012, 8:16 pm
Suspended

My buddy just asked me, and I have no idea. Is there a Dunkin Donuts or a Starbucks in terminal C?
Old Dec 21, 2012, 3:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by oldgoldflyer
My buddy just asked me, and I have no idea. Is there a Dunkin Donuts or a Starbucks in terminal C?
There is at least one Starbucks on the corridor post-security between C2 and C3. I have no idea if there are others or not. No DD that I'm aware of.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:05 am

Programs: IC, WN, Hyatt, Avis
Transferring between Terminal A and C

I have one-hour between UA flight arriving at EWR from BUF and my flight on UA to LAX.
Do I need to go through security again as it looks like I need to change terminals? Is this enough time? Flight is on a Sunday morning and I was actually hoping to grab something to eat before my flight to LAX.

Thanks
B.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:12 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
Originally Posted by sbm12
There is at least one Starbucks on the corridor post-security between C2 and C3. I have no idea if there are others or not. No DD that I'm aware of.
There is a Dunkin Donuts located next to the McDonalds in the C1 food court (below the United Club). There is also a "Juan Valdez Cafe" in the C3 gate area.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:18 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
Originally Posted by zutalors
I have one-hour between UA flight arriving at EWR from BUF and my flight on UA to LAX.
Do I need to go through security again as it looks like I need to change terminals? Is this enough time? Flight is on a Sunday morning and I was actually hoping to grab something to eat before my flight to LAX.

Thanks
B.
There is an airside transfer bus between the terminal A UA gates and the C1 concourse of terminal C, so there would not be a need to reclear TSA. One hour SHOULD be enough time, but of course you're entirely at the mercy of the shuttle bus drivers - and depending on the location of your connecting gate in C, it could be tight. The good news is that food options are pretty good in Terminal C, but be prepared to settle for a UA snack box if your inbound gets delayed or the busses aren't running regularly.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am considering a UACO international to domestic connection at EWR:

UA 78 arrives from NRT at 16:45 on a Thursday connecting to

UA 1703 departs to BOS at 18:00

I have a U.S Passport and have Global Entry but will have one checked bag.

Can anyone share the "process" for this connection, and if it is 'doable' assuming the flights are on schedule?

Thanks.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 3:50 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
connecting in EWR

Originally Posted by transpac
I am considering a UACO international to domestic connection at EWR:
UA 78 arrives from NRT at 16:45 on a Thursday connecting to
UA 1703 departs to BOS at 18:00
I have a U.S Passport and have Global Entry but will have one checked bag.
Can anyone share the "process" for this connection, and if it is 'doable' assuming the flights are on schedule?Thanks.
We did this connection yesterday and it is real easy......
As you enter the US Customs & Immigration hall, the line splits between US and non-US citizens. Both lines were pretty full at 5:00 pm EST last night with UA 905 from IST! Right between the two lines & clearly marked there were 2 Global Entry kisoks and no one waiting! After GE, you will need to wait for your checked bag and I have no idea how long that takes?
On exiting the secure area, bear right (if you go left, you end the parking garage concourse!). Go up the escalators and re-enter the security checkpoint.
For your connection, bear in mind that this is a pretty tight one for EWR. I suggest you decide in advance what your alternate connection is? Later flight? Connection through IAD? All things are negotiable at EWR! (We managed to score a $500 US voucher on over sold flight and we were offered hotel, meal vouchers, and connections through IAD, ORD! UA has some very competent and helpful customer service agents at EWR and hopefully you will get one of them! Good luck!
Old Feb 6, 2013, 8:01 am

Ok I have a question ... I'm looking at flying into Newark from Buffalo on a United Express flight Operated by Expressjet Airlines . I'll have 60 minutes to connect to a United flight heading to Houston. I'm unclear if they are in the same terminal?

Is this too risky to be doing in February? It's the last flight out of the night. I'm heading off to a cruise, however, the cruise is the next day and leaving late so I'd be able to catch an early morning flight if I don't make my connection.

Reason I'm asking it's a 150 dollar difference if I go with the next cheapest flights.

I'm not really worried about ME getting to where I need to go ... I'm much more worried about my luggage not making it which would be a disaster since I'll be on a cruise.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by bamelin
Ok I have a question ... I'm looking at flying into Newark from Buffalo on a United Express flight Operated by Expressjet Airlines . I'll have 60 minutes to connect to a United flight heading to Houston. I'm unclear if they are in the same terminal?

Is this too risky to be doing in February? It's the last flight out of the night. I'm heading off to a cruise, however, the cruise is the next day and leaving late so I'd be able to catch an early morning flight if I don't make my connection.

Reason I'm asking it's a 150 dollar difference if I go with the next cheapest flights.

I'm not really worried about ME getting to where I need to go ... I'm much more worried about my luggage not making it which would be a disaster since I'll be on a cruise.
I don't have an opinion about what you are asking, but did you also price the trip on Southwest from BUF to Houston-Hobby (HOU)? Southwest allows two checked bags, free of charge.

Last edited by guv1976; Feb 6, 2013 at 9:10 am
Old Feb 6, 2013, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by guv1976
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

I don't have an opinion about what you are asking, but did you also price the trip on Southwest from BUF to Houston-Hobby (HOU)? Southwest allows two checked bags, free of charge.
I ended up going with Delta flights instead. It cost abit more but I felt more comfortable going through Atlanta both in terms of the time between connecting flights as well as going through Atlanta in the winter instead of EWR to make those connections.

I was using Google Flights to find carrier routes ... I didn't see any southwest flights. The total ended up costing me 430 per person which isn't too bad, Buffalo - Houston. The United flights through EWR would have been 352 per person, but they only had one ticket left at this cheap rate which jacked up the price of the other ticket to more than what the Delta flights ended up costing.

In the end I think it's for the best as I've got much better connection times now.

EDIT: Checking southwest, I would have saved another couple hundred =*( I feel sick. My Delta flights cost 430 per person plus 25 bucks per checked bag. 910 total for 2 people round trip. Looks like Southwest would have been 718 total round trip. ugh

My first time using US airlines out of Buffalo, normally I fly direct from Toronto using Air Canada or Canadian charters. I just (foolishly?) assumed Google Flights had priced and checked everything out. I didn't even know that southwest flew out of Buffalo to be honest. Lesson learned.

Last edited by bamelin; Feb 6, 2013 at 12:37 pm
Old Feb 6, 2013, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bamelin

I ended up going with Delta flights instead. It cost abit more but I felt more comfortable going through Atlanta both in terms of the time between connecting flights as well as going through Atlanta in the winter instead of EWR to make those connections.

I was using Google Flights to find carrier routes ... I didn't see any southwest flights. The total ended up costing me 430 per person which isn't too bad, Buffalo - Houston. The United flights through EWR would have been 352 per person, but they only had one ticket left at this cheap rate which jacked up the price of the other ticket to more than what the Delta flights ended up costing.

In the end I think it's for the best as I've got much better connection times now.

EDIT: Checking southwest, I would have saved another couple hundred =*( I feel sick. My Delta flights cost 430 per person plus 25 bucks per checked bag. 910 total for 2 people round trip. Looks like Southwest would have been 718 total round trip. ugh

My first time using US airlines out of Buffalo, normally I fly direct from Toronto using Air Canada or Canadian charters. I just (foolishly?) assumed Google Flights had priced and checked everything out. I didn't even know that southwest flew out of Buffalo to be honest. Lesson learned.
You've got mail.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 3:19 am

Exclamation Mods, edit please!

You've got mail.
guv1976, how does this relate to "A Complete Guide to EWR"?

Mods, can we edit this thread so its on topic?
Old Feb 11, 2013, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Antonio8069

You've got mail.
guv1976, how does this relate to "A Complete Guide to EWR"?

Mods, can we edit this thread so its on topic?
The phrase, "You've got mail," or "YHPM" (short for, "You have private message"), is commonly used here on FT to alert a poster that they have been sent a private message that relates to their post.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 5:16 am

Programs: MilesandMore Senator
Imigration wait times and transfers

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but I'm new and still finding my way around. I am inbound on a UA flight from Europe, transferring to a UA domestic flight on a Sunday afternoon. Arrival around 1 p.m. departure on the domestic just after 3 p.m. I am on a non-US passport so will be in the international line. Will I have enough time for the transfer? How long are the lines usually? I haven't been in Newark since about 1982, so am expecting it might have changed a bit since then!
Old Feb 15, 2013, 7:03 pm

see post 22

Originally Posted by BendikH
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but I'm new and still finding my way around. I am inbound on a UA flight from Europe, transferring to a UA domestic flight on a Sunday afternoon. Arrival around 1 p.m. departure on the domestic just after 3 p.m. I am on a non-US passport so will be in the international line. Will I have enough time for the transfer? How long are the lines usually? I haven't been in Newark since about 1982, so am expecting it might have changed a bit since then!
Welcome to FT! I addressed your query in post 22 above. Reproduced below:

We did this connection yesterday and it is real easy......
As you enter the US Customs & Immigration hall, the line splits between US and non-US citizens. Both lines were pretty full at 5:00 pm EST last night with UA 905 from IST! Right between the two lines & clearly marked there were 2 Global Entry kisoks and no one waiting! After GE, you will need to wait for your checked bag and I have no idea how long that takes?
On exiting the secure area, bear right (if you go left, you end the parking garage concourse!). Go up the escalators and re-enter the security checkpoint.
For your connection, bear in mind that this is a pretty tight one for EWR. I suggest you decide in advance what your alternate connection is? Later flight? Connection through IAD? All things are negotiable at EWR! (We managed to score a $500 US voucher on over sold flight and we were offered hotel, meal vouchers, and connections through IAD, ORD! UA has some very competent and helpful customer service agents at EWR and hopefully you will get one of them! Good luck!

ps No apologies req'd! It seems FTs discuss anything they want on this thread! One guy posted his connect via ATL, another posted a reminder to a buddy to check his private messages! At least your post is on topic!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.