Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at MDW

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2009, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Cars at MDW

MDW location is super small. The were about 6-8 spaces total for Executive status. Cars included a couple of Siennas, a 300C that smelled like an ashtray, a Kia, and a Ford Flex with sirius/leather which I took.

The Emerald Aisle included a Toyota Corolla, a stripped down Impala, and a couple more Siennas.

The Ford Flex is a much better ride than I expected. I am also happy it has Sirius.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Dropped off yesterday and saw quite a few more cars this time in the Executive Section:

Volkswagen Jetta
Ford Five Hundred/Taurus (couple of them)
Mazda 6
Cadillac CTS
Nissan Altimas (couple of them)
Kia Optima
Hyundai Accent

No SUV/Van's this time - quite different than when I picked up.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 8:17 am

Programs: UA 1K (woohoo), SPG Gold, HH Diamond, MR Silver, Avis Worst, National Exec Elite; Destinations Many
Anyone updates?

Anyone have an update from MDW lately? Will be renting from there in 2 weeks.
Old Nov 11, 2009, 9:54 am

Programs: DL PLT, WN A-List Preferred, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, National Exec Elite
I've been a couple of times in the last few months. They seem to have quite a range. Last week, they had a few Taurus, Camrys, 300s, a Suburban, and a Ford Edge.

Prior weeks included Chargers, Fusions, Flexes several Kias and Hyundais.

I've also learned from experience there that if you want something that isn't in the Executive Aisle, ask. They've always accommodated my request.

Once asked one of the lot attendants for a car (not SUV) with working sat. radio. He got on the radio, and the next thing I knew 3 cars were coming from various directions.

For me, this has been a great location to rent from.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 6:13 pm

Programs: DL, CO/UA, MR, HH, National, Hertz, WN
Picked-up today at 4pmET

Exec solution:
Volvo S60
Buick Lucerne
H3
Ford Edge

nice to have open selection after all the biz travelers drop off.^ Can't remember what I had last time I flew in on a Monday AM, but pretty sure an Altima was the only worthwhile car in the lot.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 2:53 am

Programs: UA 2P
Can anyone give a situation report on the Premium and Luxury offerings? Will be renting in 2 weeks...Thanks
Old Feb 22, 2010, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I was there on Saturday AM. The way they have it set up is a bit confusing, as I really couldn't see the regular sections for either Alamo or National. But the EA/ES is right when you pull in, and they had the mostly same vehicles in both, and I don't think anybody would have cared if an EA member took an ES car.

- A half dozen Dodge Journeys (full size crossover), of which I took one with 3000 miles and working Sirius;
- Two big Toyota Tundra 4x4 pickups
- A Dodge van (EA)
- A Ford Escape (ES)

Not one sedan. If you wanted a sedan, you had to go back to the regular sections, wherever they area.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 9:45 pm

Programs: Newb. National Exec. Marriott/SPG Gold Elite, Hertz Gold
Never been to Midway before, anyone have more recent experiences??
Old May 14, 2011, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Saturday afternoon - the shuttle bus driver said they had rented 1200 cars between Thu/Fri and National/Alamo. Given the tiny lot they're using, that's amazing.

The EA had basically nothing on it, one sedan that looked like a midsize. The ES had about 10 vehicles, all domestic SUVs/Crossovers. Suburbans, Escapes, Journeys, and GC Laredos. I took one of the Laredos as they are just a little bigger than the Journeys and Escapes and not huge like the Suburbans. They seem to be the workhorse of the 2011 National SUV fleet, and I don't mind them.

The Laredo I selected wasn't as well appointed as some of the others I have had, cloth seats instead of leather, and the push-button ignition was missing and instead required a key. But it only had 11k on it (and NY plates) and working Sirius. Also, it had the ES box checked off, and it's right in view of the gate agent, so no sneaking an ES car with an EA reservation here.
Old May 23, 2011, 6:13 pm

Sorry for the late post. I was at MDW on Monday, 16 May 11 and taking a 300 from the Exec Selection. It had some miles on it but better than an Impala. As I was checking the outside for damage, when the head manager for Enterprise/National/Alamo walks by and we start to talk. I was discussing how nice my last two rentals were as I had the new 2012 300. He asked if I liked the car, and I said how could I not! lol!

Low and behold, he points over to the check in trailer and there were two new 300's! He asked if I would like one, and a big grin appeared on my face. He sent a lot manager to get me the new black one.

Of course I thanked him and told him, this is the reason I'm a Executive Elite with 36+ rentals a year! How could you not stay loyal to a company with such great service and people!

Safe Travels!
Old May 24, 2011, 7:08 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
I hate this National location. The people are great. The location has multiple deficiencies.

I fly into MDW about once per year and each time I have to search for the shuttle pick up. The last time the booth was unoccupied, there was no signage or directions at the booth. I follow the signs to rental cars and of course that is wrong. I remember the shuttle, but for the life of me I can not remember where to catch the shuttle.

I finally asked the Alamo clerk, I probably should have done this first but fatigue was already setting in. Easy enough in the end. I also noticed that one of the confirmations, email or web page I can not remember, mentioned the shuttle location, but the other, the one I was using, did not.

It was pouring rain and they let us out in the open lot. There was no full size on the front row, and all of the full size selections were blocked. I am standing in the rain looking for a full size and finally another customer grabs a car from the front row, freeing a Charger.

I take the Charger, check out an head down the road. The Charger is making a huge tire related noise, a big whoop whoop whoop on every tire rotation. I turn around on Cicero and go back to exchange cars.

The manager was great. He swapped me out to a brand new Charger and apologized for my problems. I have always had good customer service, but I hate the location. The outdoor lot, the hard to find shuttle, and the semi-off site location are all poorly implemented. On snowy or rainy days, pick up or drop off are miserable. The waiting area for the shuttle is uncovered. National really needs to improve this location.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 5:25 pm

Just dropped off a Liberty that I picked up at O'Hare. So 6pm on Sat 30-Jun.

EA had (get excited) ONE CAR ...and it was a Dodge Ram 2500

ES had a couple chargers, a big Chevy SUV and an Avenger.

Shuttle bus air con was broken.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Gold, National Emerald Club, Hilton Hhonors Gold
I too rented from MDW on Sat, 23 Jul around 9.15am.

There were only 2 cars in the aisle - one impala and one sebring. Took the impala and left as I wanted the car only for a day.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 10:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire, National Exec Elite, Hilton Gold
All sorts of stuff in the lot tonight (Labor Day evening) at MDW.

I ended up with an RX-7, mostly loaded (leather, heated seats, Bluetooth, etc.) to the brim on the Exec Aisle. There were a couple more like it.

Didn't get a total look around but there were lots of nice cars out there, along with the usual assortment of Impalas.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 1:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Hhonors Diamond, AA Exec Plat, National Exec Elite
Landed last night shuttle was waiting and took only 2 minute ride.

Once there very limited cars however they saved a 300 with only 290 miles on it. Very happy with MDW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.