Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at MDW

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2016, 8:23 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, Marriott Bonfire Titanium, Hilton Gold, United Premier Silver, Hertz PC
Friday Feb 5, 5pm

First time here, fully stocked with great selection. Don't think they had a PS in service when I was there. All that was missing was a GC limited.

ES:
4 Explorer Limited
1 Jeep wrangler sport 4 door
5 Dodge Journey
4 300 (base)
3-4 minivans
3-4 Ram 1500 (several, if not all Hemi)
3-4 Small jeep SUVs
1 Renegade
3-4 New impala
1 Old impala
1 Edge Titanium ecoboost
2-3 buick cars
1 Buick Encore
1 Fiat CUV (might have been a 500x)
1 SRX
3-4 Fusion mix titanium/SE
2 Challenger
1 Escape SE

EA
2-3 Minivans
1 Explorer Limited
1 300 base
2 200 base
1 Wrangler sport 2 door
2-3 Ram 1500 (some hemi)
1 Escape SE
2-3 Toyota cars
3-4 Small jeep suv
3 Malibu LT

Storage, awaiting ES/EA space
3 Expedition Limited
1 Tahoe LTZ
1 Durango Limited
3-4 Minivan
1 Camaro hardtop base
1 Mustang conv base
2-3 new Impala
1 1500 Hemi
m907 likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 11:25 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National EE, Hyatt Platinum
Friday, Feb 18th, 9:30 PM

ES: Full Range
2x Chrysler T&C
2X Ram 1500
Multiple Journeys
1x Traverse
1x Durango
1x Tahoe
1x Taurus
3x LaCrosse
Scattering of Equinox, Impala, and many other usuals

I don't usually check out the EA here due to it's location, but nothing on ES was that awesome (lower trims, nothing new) so I figured I'd check it out. Rounded the corner and made a bee-line for a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited (230mi, IL Plates). I may have to round that corner more often.

EA also had many minivans and smaller SUVs (Escape, Equinox, etc)
Storage had much of the same as well as an Expedition EL, and a few Explorers awaiting a space.
m907 likes this.
Old May 14, 2016, 8:36 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, Marriott Bonfire Titanium, Hilton Gold, United Premier Silver, Hertz PC
Friday, May 13 ~6pm

ES
- 3x 2017 Escape SE Ecoboost AWD
- 2x Edge Titanium (1 was ecoboost)
- 2x Explorer
- Challenger
- Camaro
- 300c
- Durango Limited
- T&C
- Kia Sedona
- Rengade
- 2 Jeep Liberty
- TONS of Ram 1500 SXT/Bighorn HEMI
- TONS of F150 XLT
- 4 Altima base
- Maxima base

EA
mostly empty, some small jeeps, otherwise pickups
Old Aug 12, 2016, 6:41 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National EE, Hyatt Platinum
Pitiful selection at Midway this evening. ES/EA were one, with a total of about 15 vehicles. Nothing else in sight.
5x Nissan Titans
1x Ford F-150
1x Camaro (Base, nearing 20k)
1x Impala
1x Traverse
The rest was lower end Hyundai vehicles
Ended up walking out since I wasn't in need of a vehicle, but rather hoping to avoid miles on mine for a road trip.
But, the manager was very apologetic and thanked me for my loyalty. Surely just a hiccup in what is usually a great station.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Premium SUV?

How does it look for Premium SUVs including upgrades recently? Looking to use some free days over XMas and Premium SUV is the highest I can reserve.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 7:42 pm

Programs: PC Platinum, HHonors Diamond, National Executive, AAdvantage Gold, Midwest Miles
Caddy fest

A truckload of XTS must have arrived this past Tuesday. There were 4 or 5 in EE. I grabbed a brand new black one. Great car, seriously considered seeing if I could cancel my flight home to PIT and just drive it home.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 4:23 pm

ES 9/14

Got to the lot around 2pm on a Thursday. If there was ever a time I was happy to have Executive status, it was this one. Our flight into Midway was delayed 3 hours, and some flights out of Midway had been cancelled due to weather. Rental car wait shuttles and wait lines were packed. However, the EA/ES lots were full of cars. I didn't really get a good look at the sedans, since we needed a bigger car.

But I was able to choose from:
Nissan Armada with suede seats
GMC Yukon SLT, fully loaded, 17k miles
Several Rams/Silverados
Lots of minivans
Couple Jeep Patriots

PS
Infiniti QX80

Really happy with the Yukon. Really comfortable ride, and the driver's seat is particularly comfortable. Even for a small woman, the third row seats do not have enough leg room to be comfortable. Really only suitable for children.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 2:05 am

Any recent reports from Midway?
Old May 15, 2018, 12:00 pm

I was there on 4/22 and picked up a car around 8pm. Lot was stocked with cars so much so that they had cars waiting for people to pull out cars, Executive had a plethora of cars/suvs. Ford Explorers, Toyota Camrys, but nothing terribly exciting in my book. I picked a Nissan Maxima with 800 miles on it. Great car!

I didn't see the full Aisle but did see some smaller sedans.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 6:06 pm

Programs: WN A list, UA Gold, AA Gold, Marriott LT Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hilton Diamond
Would I have a good chance of getting a pick up truck off the aisle? I am trying to use my free days, but pickups are not eligible.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by Putnik
Would I have a good chance of getting a pick up truck off the aisle? I am trying to use my free days, but pickups are not eligible.
I do not know about MDW specifically but I have seen pickups fairly regularly at aisle locations. You could also ask an agent to get one for you. YMMV.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 8:02 am

Programs: WN A list, UA Gold, AA Gold, Marriott LT Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by m907
I do not know about MDW specifically but I have seen pickups fairly regularly at aisle locations. You could also ask an agent to get one for you. YMMV.
I agree with you. MDW is my home airport so I never rent from there, but at other airport such as BWI, DCA, LAX, CMH i have always seen pickups on the aisle. I am hoping that MDW is the same.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 6:59 am

11/15 at 4:00pm

ES
Infiniti QX60 AWD
Ford Flex Limited AWD (mine)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Chevy Equinox
Hyundai Santa Fe

There were also many sedans, but I saw nothing noteworthy among them with a quick glance, except for a dodge Charger (did not see the trim). Last time I was here, the aisle was stocked with minivans, but interestingly, I did not see a single one on the aisle this time.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
MDW was a mostly desolate mess yesterday. All the rental car companies have abandoned their first floor counters. National/Alamo/Enterprise were all being dealt with out of the Emerald Aisle service desk on the second floor.

Five cars in the EA: Two Malibus, two Altimas, and the RAV4 which I took. About ten people waiting around, not particularly social distanced, waiting for porters to bring them cars from the car wash - looked to be a mix of non-EA, Alamo, Enterprise. No attempt to match people with reserved class, a Tahoe and a Tacoma pulled up while I was there. Given the size of the line, it had to be a 20 minute wait, at least. Only two staff and a couple of porters.

Dropping off last night, nobody there to check you in. I walked the keys over to the Club desk, and I got the email receipt about an hour later.

The location has reduced hours, looks like 7am-8:30pm at least on Saturday. I'm hoping things will improve for my next rental in four weeks, that one will be out of ORD.
SoroSuub1 likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
MDW was a mostly desolate mess yesterday. All the rental car companies have abandoned their first floor counters. National/Alamo/Enterprise were all being dealt with out of the Emerald Aisle service desk on the second floor.

Five cars in the EA: Two Malibus, two Altimas, and the RAV4 which I took. About ten people waiting around, not particularly social distanced, waiting for porters to bring them cars from the car wash - looked to be a mix of non-EA, Alamo, Enterprise. No attempt to match people with reserved class, a Tahoe and a Tacoma pulled up while I was there. Given the size of the line, it had to be a 20 minute wait, at least. Only two staff and a couple of porters.

Dropping off last night, nobody there to check you in. I walked the keys over to the Club desk, and I got the email receipt about an hour later.

The location has reduced hours, looks like 7am-8:30pm at least on Saturday. I'm hoping things will improve for my next rental in four weeks, that one will be out of ORD.
I had a similar experience, yet rates are almost as high as before the shutdowns.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.