Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at MDW

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2022, 11:31 am

Programs: Southwest A-List Preferred / CP holder, National Exec Elite, Enterprise Gold
Picked up early morning. Only a dozen cars available, I suspect that’s due in part to Lollapalooza in town.

ES was pick your color Malibu, a few were LTZ or Permier trim which was nice to see. Two altimas, a Grand Cherokee WK, 3 RAMS, and a Challenger V6

EA was compact SUV’s such as Nissan kicks and Chevy Trax, with a few Nissan sentras.
xienon and Ordpc like this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 8:54 am

Programs: Delta Plat, Southwest RR, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE
Monday 9/12 10am

Snagged a VW Atlas SE AWD with 4200 miles and sunroof. Also had a red VW Atlas Sport, couple of minivans, Chevy Blazer, Ford Flex, Jeep Wrangler, Chevy Impala, and a mix match of other smaller vehicles.
Ordpc and ORD2BOS like this.

Last edited by ChevyCruze; Sep 17, 2022 at 2:40 pm
Old Sep 13, 2022, 10:44 am

Programs: Southwest A-List Preferred / CP holder, National Exec Elite, Enterprise Gold
Picked up this morning around 7:30. There were a few options. Half dozen mix of Camry / Altima, one Ram 1500, a Suburban, two Armadas, a Cadillac CT4 (took this) and a RAV4 and CRV.

EA had a total of four cars. Two Sentras and Two Corollas.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 7:35 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Southwest RR, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE
9/15 3pm return

Several full size trucks (Ram, F150, Nissan Titan), a Charger/Challenger. EE was mostly empty.

Ordpc likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 1:02 pm

Picked up this morning. There were several challengers, one R/T and 3 GTs, a few Malibu, a Fusion SEL with 55k on the clock, Ford Edge, CX5, and a Ram 1500. Upgrade had a GLC, Audi Sedan, Lincoln Corsair and smaller Cadillac sedan.

I ended up taking the Benz GLC, didn’t realize until I left the garage it only had 3/8 of a tank. I immediately called and they comp’ed it thankfully.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 4:20 pm

Picked up this afternoon at MDW. Wasn’t expecting much for a Wednesday afternoon, aisle was full but not of many choices. There were several Pacifica’s, a Charger GT, two F-150’s in a very basic XLT trim, and a few base spec Edge / Equinox in Exec.

ES had a few small sedans such as Corolla and Sentra, and a base looking brand new Ford Escape with the 2023 face lift.

Upgrade had a BMW x5 (one of my favorites so took this), MB GLC, 3 series, and Alpha Stelvia (I think that’s right, it’s the Alpha Romero SUV)

Their cleaning capabilities here would get a 7.5 out of 10. Not terrible but I’ve noticed on my last few rentals there’s dust on the dashboard that didn’t just get there and the shiny trim pieces have gunk on them. Just my opinion but if you have a luxury nameplate that’s likely going in an upgrade section, having it look clean might work better to convince someone to “upgrade” to it.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 5:48 pm

Returned the X5 at MDW tonight. Needed to stop for washer fluid due to the snow and salt in Chicago the last few days. Kept the receipt and they comp’ed me $20 for it which was nice.

They didn’t charge me the $20/ day upgrade for the X5 which was also nice, so two “wins” for that.

Aisle was full when I returned. Several Pacificas and Edges in Exec like yesterday. I also saw a few Muranos, a Highlander, and Equinoxes.

Upgrade had another X5, Cadillac XT5, and several Audi sedans.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 6:50 am

Looking back, and apparently I’m the only one on here who rents from MDW the last year or so?

Echo chamber aside, I picked up last night around 9pm. Lot was packed, which I was surprised by being late in the night.

VERY SUV heavy selection last night, with several Highlanders, Rogues, Explorers, two Durangos (V6), base model F-150s, and enough Ford Edges to line up for a mile.

There was a base mustang convertible, a F8 Green Charger GT, and 300S for car options.

Upgrade had some really nice options, a loaded Benz GLC and GLE, two Q5s and a Lexus RX350.

HOWEVER, despite all these SUVs, half of them were not AWD/4WD. I was going to grab that GLE, but noticed it has NC plates and no 4MATIC badging. Went to the GLC, same thing and a Florida tag. The Explorers were both Limited trim, 2WD spec. So, I ended up with a Durango (blah) since there’s a solid chance of snow this weekend.

The regular EA aisle was packed with compact SUVs such as Konas, Corolla Cross, and Escapes.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 9:27 pm

Returned to MDW earlier today. I was in a bit of a rush so only took a quick glance of the Exec side. Lot was full again, and there was a new ‘23 Grand Cherokee Limited (5 seater), Durango, several Edges and Equinoxes again, a handful of Pacificas and a few pickups. Didn’t see what was available for upgrade.
oftech likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 5:45 pm

Went through midway last week. Not much on the aisle, a handful of Pacificas and an F150 (Platinum!!) that I didn’t see wayyy in the back until I pulled up to the gate.

I had a free day to burn so I reserved a X3 or similar. They had a Cadillac XT5 (yuck) set aside for me. I asked if they had any German alternatives and was told no. Bummer my free day was used on an XT5, had I seen that F150 sooner I would have grabbed it, but the Caddy got me where I needed to go.
oftech likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 9:36 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Thank you AppleBoy for the regular updates. I will be renting from MDW next week, I'll keep you updated.
Could you tell me why you guys avoid cars from other states (in a previous message, you said you were going to take a GLE but then found out it had NC plates and changed your mind)

Originally Posted by AppleBoy97
Went through midway last week. Not much on the aisle, a handful of Pacificas and an F150 (Platinum!!) that I didn’t see wayyy in the back until I pulled up to the gate.

I had a free day to burn so I reserved a X3 or similar. They had a Cadillac XT5 (yuck) set aside for me. I asked if they had any German alternatives and was told no. Bummer my free day was used on an XT5, had I seen that F150 sooner I would have grabbed it, but the Caddy got me where I needed to go.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 9:33 pm

That Benz had NC plates and was RWD (2 wheel drive) with snow in the forecast, so I opted to take a different vehicle that offered AWD for added traction. Often vehicles with southern plates were from those states where AWD/ four wheel drive is not as common, so it can be an indicator to check further if the vehicle has it or not.

Midway is very hit or miss… can be a decent selection and nice attendants, and / or it can be wiped out and they don’t give a crap about anyone or what status you have.

Their cleaning crew could use some better training too.

Last edited by AppleBoy97; Oct 17, 2023 at 10:10 pm
Old Dec 11, 2023, 9:14 pm

I've rented from National at MDW half a dozen times and this is the first time they've had anything interesting - probably only because the lot was running thin.

1x Cadillac Escalade
4x Ford Expedition
3x Jeep Wagoneer
2x Chevy Tahoe
2x Jeep Gladiator
1x Nissan Armada
1x Jeep Grand Cherokee (old model)
1x RAM 1500 Hybrid

The rest was the assorted Chrysler Pacificas/Voyagers, a random Honda Pilot, and various Toyotas and Nissans.
jizen, oftech and AppleBoy97 like this.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by m907
I've rented from National at MDW half a dozen times and this is the first time they've had anything interesting - probably only because the lot was running thin.

1x Cadillac Escalade
4x Ford Expedition
3x Jeep Wagoneer
2x Chevy Tahoe
2x Jeep Gladiator
1x Nissan Armada
1x Jeep Grand Cherokee (old model)
1x RAM 1500 Hybrid

The rest was the assorted Chrysler Pacificas/Voyagers, a random Honda Pilot, and various Toyotas and Nissans.
Upon returning, they had a Lincoln Navigator(!), Volvo S60, Audi Q5, and BMW X3 among the regular fare. Either management has changed or they were just desperate this week.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 12:03 pm

Dropped off today at MDW. They were wiped out.

One Equinox on Exec, two corollas in EA.

An Expedition was quickly pulled up and gone while I unloaded.

The return agents must have been having a rough day. AirPods in, scanned the window tag and walked away. No usual greeting or ask about the car.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.