Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at LGA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2016, 2:26 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by GreeNYC
Agent will walk the aisle with you and point you to the most nice-looking car and claim it's a PCAR (it might be the 200...)
So, is it even worth bothering to reserve a PCAR? Or should I just stick with a midsize and take my chances with the ES?
Old Aug 2, 2016, 2:43 pm

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cestmoi123
So, is it even worth bothering to reserve a PCAR? Or should I just stick with a midsize and take my chances with the ES?
I would book midsize unless there's any advantage in booking PCAR like it quotes a better rate than the midsize (which can happen sometimes).
Old Aug 2, 2016, 2:48 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Any comment on what I should expect in terms of PCARs? Thanks!
As with National "Cars at NNN" threads, it depends. Just the other day, I saw 2 300s, 2 new Maximas, and 2 Avalons. Previous times, I didn't see any PCARs.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by seawolf
As with National "Cars at NNN" threads, it depends. Just the other day, I saw 2 300s, 2 new Maximas, and 2 Avalons. Previous times, I didn't see any PCARs.
So, if I show up with a PCAR reservation, and they don't have any PCARs, what do they do? Just say "pick anything on the lot?" Doesn't sound like this location has much in the way of higher tier cars... I'm typically a Hertz person, but thought I'd give National a try, but it's not sounding particularly encouraging for LGA...
Old Aug 2, 2016, 4:34 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
So, if I show up with a PCAR reservation, and they don't have any PCARs, what do they do? Just say "pick anything on the lot?" Doesn't sound like this location has much in the way of higher tier cars... I'm typically a Hertz person, but thought I'd give National a try, but it's not sounding particularly encouraging for LGA...
I saw two Q50's there a couple of weeks ago. About half the time, I've seen Luxury cars there with $50 upgrade.

Chances are, you'll end up in a 300 on a PCAR reservation.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by xienon
I saw two Q50's there a couple of weeks ago. About half the time, I've seen Luxury cars there with $50 upgrade.

Chances are, you'll end up in a 300 on a PCAR reservation.
Well, might as well give it a shot, then - a Q50 would be lovely. An LCAR reservation at Hertz (VERY likely to be a 300) is the same price as a PCAR reservation at National, so I'll go the National route, and see what I get. If I don't like it, can just go over to Hertz.

Thanks for the help, everyone!
Old Aug 22, 2016, 6:10 am

Monday morning in August, place was jammed with cars. Lots of small SUVs on the EA and ES (most base models, cloth seats, etc.). Jeep Patriot, Kia Sedona and Sorrento, etc.

ES had a Taurus (Premium), but smelled of cigarette smoke. Took it, and only noticed once I was already out of there, and had the AC on. Then, became powerful. Took it back. Should have known never to take a rental car where the windows are partially rolled down.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 4:24 pm

LGA and JFK in the area along with the non-airport locations lack anything higher than PCAR for res's but they do have some full size elites on the upgrade aisle .... They had a 528i i believe at JFK today when i departed and i noticed LGA typically has some caddilacs there...
Old Aug 28, 2016, 3:42 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards
I am Emerald Club Executive and my last time to LGA was a joke...granted I arrived around midnight mid-week, but they didn't have anything better than a Kia in the aisle and I asked an agent if they had anything else available and they brushed me off.

Granted at ATL they had all sorts of premium rides in the ECE area.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by kdersch
I am Emerald Club Executive and my last time to LGA was a joke...granted I arrived around midnight mid-week, but they didn't have anything better than a Kia in the aisle and I asked an agent if they had anything else available and they brushed me off.

Granted at ATL they had all sorts of premium rides in the ECE area.
When was this?

Usually go out to LGA around 11PM to 2AM during the week (no traffic) and a majority of the time find the place pretty well stocked. Exceptions to this would likely be during the holidays and or peak summer travel season. Am guessing this week through the weekend pickings will be kind of slim....
Old Aug 29, 2016, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by BugsyPal
When was this?

Usually go out to LGA around 11PM to 2AM during the week (no traffic) and a majority of the time find the place pretty well stocked. Exceptions to this would likely be during the holidays and or peak summer travel season. Am guessing this week through the weekend pickings will be kind of slim....

I usually go there around Midnight but went there earlier last month in Late July and there was nothing there on a Tuesday evening... Bunch of the typical stuff which after a while I just ended up taking a Nissan Altima ...
Old Aug 30, 2016, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by Closingracer
I usually go there around Midnight but went there earlier last month in Late July and there was nothing there on a Tuesday evening... Bunch of the typical stuff which after a while I just ended up taking a Nissan Altima ...

Well it is summer in NYC!

Between persons coming in and New Yorkers looking to get out can see why high demand would cut down on inventory.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by BugsyPal
Well it is summer in NYC!

Between persons coming in and New Yorkers looking to get out can see why high demand would cut down on inventory.

Meh. JFK aisle has been much better even with its smaller selection. Got a Dodge charger R/T with the Hemi which was cool lol Ate gas like nobodies business but that's a different story.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 2:14 am

Was here Tuesday night and they had from what i can tell a really crowded EA and ES

ES had:

2016 Nissan Maxima of various colors
convertible Mustang
various amounts of 2017 Ford fusion Hybrids SE models with different packages ( one had a sun roof)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Buick Lacrosse

Premier:
Mustang ( same as in the ES but different color and this one had the keys removed)
Audi A3
BMW 328i ( what I chose)
Volvo Sedan ( Not familiar with the naming)
Infiniti QX70
Old Nov 9, 2016, 2:56 pm

November 8th it was pretty bad. Ton of mini vans, Yukon sized suvs and a Ford fusion hybrid. Found a Mercedes C300 and got the upgrade fee down to $42 from $100. It is a week rental which could be why?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.