Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at LGA

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2016, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by seawolf
Around 2100 this evening: Bunch of Pathfinders, Muranos, one Impala, two Mitsubishi SUV, one Altima. several Jeep compass. Took an Edge Titanium.
Same here, between tons of nice SUV's I picked the edge titanium.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 7:05 pm
formerly ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy

Programs: Delta Diamond
Can anyone pick a L car here?
Old Jun 16, 2016, 7:29 pm
formerly ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy

Programs: Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by Closingracer
I can guarantee they won't have a Maserati there. I returned a car there last night and the premier section was empty like usual. When they do have a car there they typically have the usual XTS, Audi A3, an Audi CUV type car ( Forgot to look at the model and not familiar with Audi in general), and some BMW X1 ( I believe it was a X1?).

As far as L cars goes they go in the Premier section and you can't even rent a L car at JFK or LGA.... Only seen it at enterprise at non air port locations.
Ah

That is what I'm finding out. I'm EE and using free days and just want to rent the most expensive possible car (I know the Maz wouldn't fly) but damn it, I want to use these free days to the max.

I'm coming in late on a Friday so I'm hoping that may give me a decent chance. I'll just ask them to pull up whatever the nicest one is and then make sure I work out the free days on them as long as they don't try to spiff up the price.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 12:22 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
LGA is one of those locations where taxes/fees will increase greatly if you RESERVE the higher classes for use with your free days. You may be better off reserving ICAR and then working with someone on the lot to get the best out of those days (if you can find someone on a Friday night).
Old Jun 18, 2016, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
LGA is one of those locations where taxes/fees will increase greatly if you RESERVE the higher classes for use with your free days. You may be better off reserving ICAR and then working with someone on the lot to get the best out of those days (if you can find someone on a Friday night).
After about 11PM or for the overnight usually there is only the one person in the "check in/out" booth. There are persons working on vehicles (maintenance), but otherwise LGA seems locked down tight.

Am finding more and more Manhattan residents along with other NYC residents are heading out to LGA. National has so few locations left in Manhattan, hours are short (by 7PM most nights, 3PM on Saturday), and vehicle inventory can be rather hit or miss.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 10:41 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by BugsyPal
Am finding more and more Manhattan residents along with other NYC residents are heading out to LGA. National has so few locations left in Manhattan, hours are short (by 7PM most nights, 3PM on Saturday), and vehicle inventory can be rather hit or miss.
I'd agree that a lot of folks in Manhattan head to LGA because of the hours, inventory, and (most notably) the in-town rates. That said, anyone using free days may want to avoid booking higher car classes at LGA/JFK/EWR/most airports because the tax/fee structure can greatly increase the cost of said free day... at these locations I'd book ICAR and if there's nothing on the aisle, ask if they can do better but try to keep the "Class Paid" listed as ICAR to keep the taxes/fees as low as possible. An ICAR free-day might run ~$7 in taxes/fees while an LCAR/GXAR or PFAR/PRAR might balloon to $30-$50/day just in taxes/fees.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 12:22 pm

I'd agree that a lot of folks in Manhattan head to LGA because of the hours, inventory, and (most notably) the in-town rates. That said, anyone using free days may want to avoid booking higher car classes at LGA/JFK/EWR/most airports because the tax/fee structure can greatly increase the cost of said free day... at these locations I'd book ICAR and if there's nothing on the aisle, ask if they can do better but try to keep the "Class Paid" listed as ICAR to keep the taxes/fees as low as possible. An ICAR free-day might run ~$7 in taxes/fees while an LCAR/GXAR or PFAR/PRAR might balloon to $30-$50/day just in taxes/fees.

Drove a Kia Soul out of LGA last week. Reserved ICAR/Mid-Sized (Aisle) and was charge same. Using a OTF coupon paid zero, nothing, zip, nada. The entire $95 was taken care of by the coupon.

The local UES Enterprise now is only open on Sundays from 3PM to 9PM and Saturdays from 8AM to 1PM. So if you want something for Sunday morning you either have to suck it up and take something out on Saturday (and pay for two days), or head over to one of the National locations on the Westside or down to Astor Place.

If you know how to make the reservation you can pick-up at LGA late/overnight and return to say Astor (one of the few National locations left in Manhattan that has overnight/off hours returns), and save some money.

Unless have need am not keen on driving around trying to find ASP for a rental. Nor am taking a day off work and or going to sit in car for the one hour and half for same. So usually will happily drive down to Astor Place and drop the thing off.

Finally am finding best choice of inventory is out at airports. LGA seems to have more of new or low miles vehicles of all classes compared to Manhattan. Also if getting a particular class is important, I'd vote for LGA over Manhattan.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 12:24 pm

Programs: Delta PM
If I use a free days coupons for a car at LGA, do you think I'll be able to pick a SUV (7 seats) in the executive aisle? I am EC Executive, and would do the pick up Friday morning around 8am.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by walterD
If I use a free days coupons for a car at LGA, do you think I'll be able to pick a SUV (7 seats) in the executive aisle? I am EC Executive, and would do the pick up Friday morning around 8am.
Likely will depend upon the manger or counter reps mood. Most times have gone have been told to "take whatever you want except from the "luxury section", this included SUVs. This was from an ICAR/Aisle reservation. However there is no promise things will work out that way for you.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by BugsyPal
Drove a Kia Soul out of LGA last week. Reserved ICAR/Mid-Sized (Aisle) and was charge same. Using a OTF coupon paid zero, nothing, zip, nada. The entire $95 was taken care of by the coupon.

The local UES Enterprise now is only open on Sundays from 3PM to 9PM and Saturdays from 8AM to 1PM. So if you want something for Sunday morning you either have to suck it up and take something out on Saturday (and pay for two days), or head over to one of the National locations on the Westside or down to Astor Place.

If you know how to make the reservation you can pick-up at LGA late/overnight and return to say Astor (one of the few National locations left in Manhattan that has overnight/off hours returns), and save some money.

Unless have need am not keen on driving around trying to find ASP for a rental. Nor am taking a day off work and or going to sit in car for the one hour and half for same. So usually will happily drive down to Astor Place and drop the thing off.

Finally am finding best choice of inventory is out at airports. LGA seems to have more of new or low miles vehicles of all classes compared to Manhattan. Also if getting a particular class is important, I'd vote for LGA over Manhattan.

Saving $5.50 is not worth the headache dealing with the Astor place location.... Place is a joke and i refuse to return the car or rent a car from there. You're still better off spending the $2.75 and returning it to the Brooklyn location if need be.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 11:22 pm

I generally use my free coupon on just Full size and stick with whatever is in the aisle and the tax ends up being no more then $5 bucks ... Well worth the $5 bucks to choose my car :P
Old Aug 2, 2016, 1:42 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Any comment on what I should expect in terms of PCARs? Thanks!
Old Aug 2, 2016, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by cestmoi123
Any comment on what I should expect in terms of PCARs? Thanks!
Expect to ask for one and get a confused look when you do.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 1:59 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Expect to ask for one and get a confused look when you do.
Really? So what should I expect to get on a PCAR res? I'm Exec Elite, if it matters...
Old Aug 2, 2016, 2:18 pm

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cestmoi123
Really? So what should I expect to get on a PCAR res? I'm Exec Elite, if it matters...
Agent will walk the aisle with you and point you to the most nice-looking car and claim it's a PCAR (it might be the 200...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.