FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   National | Emerald Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/national-emerald-club-424/)
-   -   Cars at LGA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/national-emerald-club/899564-cars-lga.html)

SouthsideJAX Dec 15, 2008 3:16 pm

Cars at LGA

I flew into LGA on Sunday night. Got to the lot about 6:30 PM. It was a little hard to tell what was in the Emerald section, and what was in the Executive section, since they are not in individual rows. They seem to park them where they have space, not specifically by the properly marked columns. I was in a little bit of a rush, since I had to drive to Newark for lodging. I did not get a good look at the Emerald section, but it seemed like the typical pickings. Did not see any SUV's. I was looking for a Nissan but did not see one.

• Several Impalas, all LT's, possibly over half of the full size selection.
  • Ford Fusion SEL
  • Saturn Aura XE
  • Mitsubishi Galant
  • Volvo S40
  • Chevrolet HHR
  • Pontiac G6

I choose the Galant, since I did not drive one yet. Not a bad car, but would not choose one again. I got the car for the weekly rate, and with the LDW the whole thing will come to $224. The LDW was a low $9.99/day. I can't figure how the LDW is that low, given how tough driving in the NYC metro area can be.

I will check again when I drop the car off on Friday, which will be in the daylight. I will take some time to walk around the section, and see if anything else is in there.

kcnwa Dec 15, 2008 5:49 pm

This morning was not impressive:

Executive Selection:
2 Malibu's
1 Torrent
1 Trailblazer
Handful of Gilants
Couple Impala's

Emerald Aisle:
Lots of new 09 Vibe's and a bunch of G6's.

I selected the Malibu with 3000 miles on it. Looking at the weather for the next two days, I should have taken the Trailblazer.

kcnwa Jan 29, 2009 7:01 am

January 26th, 8:00am

Executive:
- 1 Impala LT (Not event LTZ or SS)
- 8+ Mitubishi Gillants
- 1 Minivan

EA:
Lots of G6's and Vibes still, one HHR.

smg77 Jun 9, 2009 2:48 pm

June 8, 2009
6pm

ES
- Toyota Sienna x2

EA
- Chrysler Town & Country x2
- Ford Focus
- Kia Spectra x3

I selected a Spectra, a fine Korean econobox with just 18,000 miles.

dcchi Dec 6, 2009 7:12 pm

At LGA, where's the National lot in comparison to the terminals? Is it on site, or do you have to take a bus off-site? Thanks.

travelismylife Dec 6, 2009 8:42 pm

It is off site and you need to take a shuttle. Takes about 4 minutes from the airport. I found the shuttles come often and no biggie at all. As for the car selection, well.....

dcchi Dec 6, 2009 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by travelismylife (Post 12938292)
It is off site and you need to take a shuttle. Takes about 4 minutes from the airport. I found the shuttles come often and no biggie at all. As for the car selection, well.....

Thanks. That's very helpful. I especially like the part about the shuttles coming often. I rent a lot at ORD, and they're often widely spaced in my experience, at least when I arrive Friday evenings (15-20 minutes, which gets problematic at peak times), though part of the problem there is the general airport traffic. Don't think LGA has the same traffic flow issues...

travelismylife Dec 7, 2009 6:10 am

Originally Posted by dcchi (Post 12938637)
Thanks. That's very helpful. I especially like the part about the shuttles coming often. I rent a lot at ORD, and they're often widely spaced in my experience, at least when I arrive Friday evenings (15-20 minutes, which gets problematic at peak times), though part of the problem there is the general airport traffic. Don't think LGA has the same traffic flow issues...

Yeah much easier at LGA b/c airport is so much smaller than ORD. Don't re,e,ber waiting more than 5-7 min. at LGA, at ORD oth it can be 15-20 min. like you said. I haven't been to LGA for quite a few months so they may have cut back on the shuttle drivers and it may be longer now but I haven't heard that from anyone I know who was there recently.

gbryan84 Mar 10, 2010 7:09 pm

LGA got a bunch of brand new cars today. I picked up a new Dodge Journey (102 miles) because we are moving to our new house tomorrow. New cars were Dodges, 3 Prius', and a really ugly Kia mini SUV. I was hoping to try out a Prius but weve got too many boxes/suitcases to move. ^ to see some new cars though.

InsipidMonkey Apr 16, 2010 1:10 am

Was at LGA today, and they had the best selection I've seen in awhile. Ended up with a Dodge Charger with 2k mi. Didn't have too much time to check out the rest of the selection though.

pilotscott Jun 11, 2010 9:08 am

Rented from LGA this week. On the executive aisle we were able to get a fully loaded Tahoe with only 2000 miles on it. Very nice!

bk3day Jun 17, 2010 8:18 pm

Just picked up my car from LGA.

There was a huge number of cars (3 deep) in both the Exec & Emerald Aisle.

There were mostly Chargers (which I avoided given the cost to gas up the last one I rented :td: )

There were several Fords, some Chrysler PTs, Toyotas and a Prius.

Better than the large selection, the few staff members I spoke with were exceedingly pleasant & courteous. ^^

What a nice change from my usual experiences at MIA.

FDXA310 Aug 14, 2010 9:27 am

Arrived at 2pm on 8/5 and EA had no cars. ES had a few Buick Lucerne (one of which only had 3 miles) and Hyundai Santa Fe. Also a Dodge Journey and Chrysler 300. The full size SUV section had vehicles in every stall though. I ended up taking a Camry LE with 10K miles, satellite radio deactivated.

InsipidMonkey Dec 24, 2010 1:40 am

The other night at LGA, both EA and ES were full of cars. ES was almost entirely Impalas (base and LT) and Chargers. All were relatively new (1-3k mi), but none had satellite radio. I also saw a Mazda 6, a New Beetle, and a Corolla. I ended up with a Sebring with 16k mi and working satellite radio.

Is National done with satellite radio? I only saw two cars in the entire EA/ES with a satellite antenna, and only one worked.

Auto Enthusiast Feb 20, 2011 9:28 am

Everybody's posting over in the JFK thread. Surely people are still renting at LGA (and EWR), too? Anything new?