Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Email: "ONE TWO FREE preregistration is open now"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2015, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: m907
- No 1-2-F credit for options on 1-day rental (SXM, etc)
- If applying 1-2-F coupons for a rental, as least one day must be paid in order for a National credit to be gained; but at least two- to get any 1-2-F points for anything associated with that rental!
- On longer rentals , 300 points are earned every 4 days

2018-2019: August 23, 2018 through February 28, 2019 - coupons valid until June 13, 2019

2017-2018: August 24, 2017 through February 28 2018, with 12F coupons valid until June 15 2018

2016-2017: August 25, 2016 through February 28 2017

2015-2016: August 2015 through end January 2016, with 12F coupons valid until June 15th 2016
Print Wikipost

Email: "ONE TWO FREE preregistration is open now"

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2019, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by m907
For 2019-2020? What are the dates?
No actual promo dates listed yet, just says:

Thank you for previously participating in ONE TWO FREEŽ. Our next promotion starts this fall, and we want you to be among the first to know. Preregister for ONE TWO FREE 2019 now, and you’ll be set to earn a Free Rental Day‡ with every two rentals when the promotion begins.* Stay tuned for details.

Don’t wait! Preregistration ends on August 7, 2019.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by flightrisk
Glad it worked out. Sounds like you had a great agent that made everything whole.

I also think National needs to fix their reservation software to allow/prevent reservations based on their rules. By the way, I can't see their FAQ any more, but the Terms & Conditions seems to suggest our interpretation. I read "rent a Compact through Fullsize car starting August 23, 2018, through June 13, 2019 " as allowing rentals that start 8/23 through rentals that start 6/13.

It's not clearly specified if multiple coupons can be used which is probably why they were only willing to credit one free day.

(Quoting the whole section for posterity although only the first paragraph is relevant. All bolding is theirs.)
The FAQ page confirms you can use up to three coupons in one reservation. It's still available via cache if you search on Google.

Will the coupon be the same as a regular Emerald ClubŽ coupon?
The ONE TWO FREEŽ promotion coupons can be redeemed in the same way as the coupons associated with your Emerald Club account. You will simply apply the coupon code to an upcoming rental to redeem your Free Rental Day. Coupons associated with the ONE TWO FREE promotion will expire at 11:59 p.m. on June 13, 2019.

How many Free Rental Day‡ coupons can I use at once?
No more than three Free Rental Days may be redeemed toward one rental of three or more days. Unfortunately, we cannot combine this offer with any other discount and cannot apply the offer to a previous or existing reservation.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 4:37 pm

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ezak
The FAQ page confirms you can use up to three coupons in one reservation. It's still available via cache if you search on Google.
Right, i should have said its not clear if you can use multiple free days past the expiration date. The T&C only describes using a single free day around the expiration date.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 6:10 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Got my pre-registration email today!
Got mine also. Ready to pile these up like pancakes 🥞
Auto Enthusiast and xienon like this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 5:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Amex Plat, National Elite
is this targeted?

I have nothing.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Check your Emerald Club newsletter. I didn’t get a separate email as I have in past years but then my rentals are way down compared to past years.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 6:08 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Amex Plat, National Elite
Never-mind. Apparently, I need to catch up on my email.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by Segments
Check your Emerald Club newsletter. I didn’t get a separate email as I have in past years but then my rentals are way down compared to past years.
nothing in June 26 newsletter(?)
Old Jun 28, 2019, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
nothing in June 26 newsletter(?)
Check again, you should see a preregister link in the middle towards the bottom.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by m907
Check again, you should see a preregister link in the middle towards the bottom.
that's all there was June 26:Additional drivers welcome.

Here's another benefit that comes with being an Emerald Club member. Family members and business associates can do the driving at no additional cost.

LEARN MORE

Take $20 off the base rate on a weekly rental in the U.S. or Canada through
July 31, 2019.
Terms apply

Take control on the go.

Download the National Car RentalŽ app. It’s the easiest way to book or extend a rental, track your progress to the next tier, get real-time trip details with Rental TrackerSM, and more.

Escape to Latin America or the Caribbean and save at participating locations through July 31, 2019.
Terms apply

Get the ultimate upgrade: Premier Selection.

Treat yourself to an ultra-prestige or performance vehicle from Premier Selection, a special section of the rental lot at select locations in the U.S. and Canada. It’s easy: Reserve like always and upgrade when you arrive. The applicable upgrade fee is clearly displayed on each vehicle, and all you have to do is get in and enjoy the ride.

RESERVE NOW

3 Choice Spots to Visit in Portland on Your Next Business Trip

From delicious doughnuts to wondrous waterfalls, experience Portland, Oregon, like a local on your next business trip with these insider tips.

LEARN MORE

The Emerald Aisle is yours with a Midsize rental.

When renting in the U.S. and Canada, be sure to always reserve at the Midsize rate. That's the only way to bypass the counter and choose any car you want on the Emerald AisleŽ. If you reserve a Compact or any other class vehicle, only cars in the reserved car class area are available to you, and you'll be charged for the car class you choose.

RESERVE NOW

Take control around the globe.

National Car RentalŽ has more than 1,500 locations across the United States, Canada, Europe, Latin America, the Caribbean, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australia.

FIND A LOCATION
Old Jun 29, 2019, 11:38 pm

It must be targeted. I'm sure they'll send a general link out between now and the end of August.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 3:30 pm

2019 site is up now with a start date - August 22nd.

https://promos.emeraldclub.com/12Free2019/
Old Aug 13, 2019, 4:29 pm

If I forgot to preregister by August 7, could I still take advantage of 1-2-free this year?
Old Aug 14, 2019, 12:00 am

Programs: National EE, Avis PP
Originally Posted by nd2010
If I forgot to preregister by August 7, could I still take advantage of 1-2-free this year?
It is preregistering and not registering; you're able to join the program still.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
So I'll be starting a week long rental on Sunday, with the promo starting right in the middle. Will I get credit for the promo, or am I SOL for this one?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.