Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at YUL

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2022, 5:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Picked up 8/23. Only a couple things to choose from from the aisle. A base level Tiguan, 2 base Rav4s, an equinox, a malibu, a Hyundai Venue and an Eclipse Cross. Everything base trim. Premier section had a BWM Suv (X3?). Ended up taking the eclipse just because. Wasn't bad but probably would have preferred the Rav4.

Dropped off 8/25 at 6am, there were a couple jeeps, a ford expedition, and probably a couple other things that didn't stand up. Upgrade was a mercedes benz suv.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 12:21 am

Programs: National EE, Flying Blue/SPG/Sixt platinum, Hertz PC, Club Carlsson, Best Western Diamond, IHG
Hi,
Should arrive on Wednesday evening this week. No one picked up in YUL since end of August?
Thaks
Old Oct 20, 2022, 5:24 am

Programs: National EE, Flying Blue/SPG/Sixt platinum, Hertz PC, Club Carlsson, Best Western Diamond, IHG
Originally Posted by play3000
Hi,
Should arrive on Wednesday evening this week. No one picked up in YUL since end of August?
Thaks
Arrived art 9.00pm on 19/10 : the last 3 vehicles of EE we about to leave (one VW Atlas, one Ford Explorer with couple inside both of them ans on Chrysler 300). And then nothing... except upgrade : mercedes classe A sedan, toyota Rav4 ans Mustang convertible.
They propose the Mercedes A Class but clearly too small for 5 and luggages, then a Q3 (but same, no way).
I ended up with GLC and they drive also another Chrysler and a toyota (not sure of the model doesn't look to be rav4 but it was a suv) also at the same time

Last edited by play3000; Oct 23, 2022 at 7:13 pm
Old Oct 23, 2022, 7:15 pm

Hi
Back on the lot on the next day due to issue with toll road pass not given at pick-up. But finally, they don't give one anymore.*
The lot was not empty but almost empty :
EA : nothing
EE :
3 VW Atlas
1x Ford Explorer
1x Chrysler 300
So, I changed for a VW Atlas with 800 miles. More space available, so better for the family!
Old Jan 2, 2023, 6:14 am

Does this location have many 4WD vehicles? I need to guarantee one for my trip but there are almost none showing on the website.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 2:40 pm

Any recent experiences at YUL? Pre-pandemic National was my regular choice, but after a couple of poor experiences in 2021--due to having to wait as there were no cars available--I switched over to Hertz, who have been really good. I am looking at a rental in August and Hertz rates are quite a bit more expensive than National. When I look on the National website it only gives me counter service options--no Emerald Aisle. There is no mid-sized car option either. In the past, I would book a full-sized car and go out to the booth and they would tell me to pick anything from the Exec or Emerald Aisles. So, I wonder if they have changed their system there or it is simply the website that does not reflect their actual practices?

I am seeing decent rates via Costco for Alamo, so I would just go with them if I have to go to the counter anyhow as they use the same fleet.

Thanks!
Old Jun 2, 2023, 10:01 am

Programs: Hub Captive Club
Recent Data Point from YUL (5/30/23)

I was a little unclear about which ones were in Emerald vs. Executive but I saw multiple Chrysler 300s, some Hyundai small SUV I don't know the name of, a new Chevy Blazer, and 2 or 3 4x4 Jeep Grand Cherokees that were pretty nice (what I took). I *think* the Jeeps were executive. Upgrades were a QX60 and two convertible Mustangs.

All-in-all I was pleased with what was there. They were turning cars over quick as I saw a few come and go and all of the spots remained filled with options.
Old Jul 1, 2023, 10:23 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Rental Co. and some random stuffs from credit cards

Arrived at about 10pm. Nothing fancy. Best is an Edge with Titanium Trim. Chose that but eventually had to exchange because one of the tires was with low pressure.

Saw some European cars next to the Executive area but not yet cleaned. Still, nothing really high end.

Last edited by flyertalklyt; Jul 1, 2023 at 10:35 am Reason: Accidentally submitted
Old Aug 22, 2023, 12:19 am

Rented the week of 8/8. Arrived at about 1pm on a Tuesday. No cars available, multiple people waiting. Quite a departure from what I'm used to where there are multiple options in the emerald aisle and/or executive aisle. After about an hour, they ended up giving me a 2021 Passat that still (already?) had snow tires installed on it. It also had wet floor mats that smelled. Not sure whats going on at this location, but they don't seem to have many cars.
Old Aug 22, 2023, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by AMSR
Rented the week of 8/8. Arrived at about 1pm on a Tuesday. No cars available, multiple people waiting. Quite a departure from what I'm used to where there are multiple options in the emerald aisle and/or executive aisle. After about an hour, they ended up giving me a 2021 Passat that still (already?) had snow tires installed on it. It also had wet floor mats that smelled. Not sure whats going on at this location, but they don't seem to have many cars.
I have seen number of nice BMWs with Quebec plates and lots of Chrsler 300s at National in Toronto that I think are probably one ways from YUL. I wonder if YUL losses many cars in its one way rentals and does not get enough one way returns from Ontario?
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 6:42 pm

Sunday
Morning
EA: Qashqai, terrain, 24 kona, 4x taos, seltos, rvr
ES: Seltos, cx9, equinox, explorer, some buick suvs, q5, volvo and audi sedan

Evening
EA: rav4, kona, pacifica, tiguan
ES: ram 1500, rouge, audi sedan, escape, x3, GC, qx60, murano
arf04 and turbov6 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.