Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at YUL

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2015, 1:26 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, Marriott Bonfire Titanium, Hilton Gold, United Premier Silver, Hertz PC
I've only ever seen 3 limiteds at National in Canada: yyz, yyc, and now yul. All of them were non luxury group II though.

Fri May 8 @ noon ish

EA notables

300 S, really sharp looking in red
T&C
Fusion Titanuims
Kia minivan
Kia Cars

ES
2014 300 and 2015 300 S
Fusion Titanium
Kia Minivan LX
Santa fe sport
Explorers XLT and Limited
Pathfinder
Escape SE

ER

Challenger, Camaro, 15 mustang GT coupe and 'vert + ecoboost 'vert, Q50
Old May 11, 2015, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by mapelle621
ER

Challenger, Camaro, 15 mustang GT coupe and 'vert + ecoboost 'vert, Q50
Im renting from them this weekend still havent decided if I should Reserve a premium and ask for a 2015 300s or just reserve a mid size and hope the 300s will be available in ES or EA by the time I get there.

oh and what is ER? sorry for my noob question
Old May 11, 2015, 10:51 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, Marriott Bonfire Titanium, Hilton Gold, United Premier Silver, Hertz PC
Perhaps make two reservations and cancel the one you don't need when you get there, or ask them to lower the pcar rate to icar if you find a 300 on the aisle. That way you win both ways.

IME there is usually a 300 kicking around in YUL, or the staff will usually be happy to help find you one on a midsize reservation.

ER is the Emerald Reserve which is where they store extra cars / reserved / cars for upgrade / Alamo cars and/or other specialty vehicles. YMMV.
Old May 11, 2015, 11:16 am

@mapelle621

Really appreciate clarifying that for me, I didnt know I was able to make two reservation at the same time for the same period of time, I guess I was worried about cancellation fee and stuff like that.

Im still new to National coming from Avis, so Im still trying to figure out my ways, since I think it was easier to find deals on Avis than National. But the customer service on National is way way better and I believe once I know all the in's and out I would be set for good

Once again thanks a lot.
Old May 11, 2015, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by LegendMask
@mapelle621

Really appreciate clarifying that for me, I didnt know I was able to make two reservation at the same time for the same period of time, I guess I was worried about cancellation fee and stuff like that.

Im still new to National coming from Avis, so Im still trying to figure out my ways, since I think it was easier to find deals on Avis than National. But the customer service on National is way way better and I believe once I know all the in's and out I would be set for good

Once again thanks a lot.
no problem, HTH. I converted from National to Avis/Budget, then right back to National and happily pay the extra $$.

National doesn't do cancellation or no show fees. It's just not cool. (Full disclosure: I may have read in other threads that the rare small franchised locations might, but that might be at locations outside of North America). But certainly not at any of the medium to large locations.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 9:17 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat 100 (LT Gold), IHG Spire, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, National EE, Hertz Prez Circle
Has anyone seen one of the new Vettes up here yet (preferably in convertible)?

Have an upcoming rental and I'm trying to figure out what they generally have in the lot for "Standard sport" vs "Convertible" categories.

Hoping to avoid paying double the going rate of a convertible for some lame base Challenger because it's classed as "standard sport".
Old Jul 24, 2015, 9:30 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
I was just there a few weeks ago. EA/ES was mostly SUV's of some kind. Just me and just driving downtown, so none of it appealed to me. No Corvettes, did see a Mustang GT available for upgrade. ES had a newer V6 Challenger.

Standard Sport will probably yield a Camaro, Challenger, or Mustang V6 (maybe if you're lucky you'll get a Mustang EcoBoost).
Old Jul 24, 2015, 10:10 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat 100 (LT Gold), IHG Spire, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, National EE, Hertz Prez Circle
Originally Posted by dwbf11
I was just there a few weeks ago. EA/ES was mostly SUV's of some kind. Just me and just driving downtown, so none of it appealed to me. No Corvettes, did see a Mustang GT available for upgrade. ES had a newer V6 Challenger.

Standard Sport will probably yield a Camaro, Challenger, or Mustang V6 (maybe if you're lucky you'll get a Mustang EcoBoost).
Thank you. Seeing a few comments here about Mustang convertibles, I think I'll book that. Fingers crossed they don't give me a Sebring instead...
Old Jul 24, 2015, 11:09 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by landeej
Thank you. Seeing a few comments here about Mustang convertibles, I think I'll book that. Fingers crossed they don't give me a Sebring instead...
Sebrings haven't been in the fleet since 2010.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 11:35 am

Anyone know what a PCAR res would yield? Haven't rented at YUL in a very long time.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by dwbf11
Sebrings haven't been in the fleet since 2010.
Thank you for the heads-up on the Sebring. The only reason I mentioned it was that the rep from the Executive line mentioned that Sebrings were one of the types of cars I could get in the Convertible class.

Fortunately, I drove off with an EcoBoost Mustang droptop.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 9:45 pm

2015-08-25

dont remember which side were the choices
but the choices were for EA/ES

ford flex
ford fusion
nissan pathfinder 2012 (yes the old square box model)
nissan pathfinder 2015 sv awd
nissan murano
minivan T&C

Dont remember the others, mainly focusing on larger cars
Old Aug 26, 2015, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by irodeo99
2015-08-25

dont remember which side were the choices
but the choices were for EA/ES

ford flex
ford fusion
nissan pathfinder 2012 (yes the old square box model)
nissan pathfinder 2015 sv awd
nissan murano
minivan T&C

Dont remember the others, mainly focusing on larger cars
I am guessing that the 2012 was the managers or something...
Old Aug 26, 2015, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by hearna
I am guessing that the 2012 was the managers or something...
maybe there were 2 managers that both likes pathfinders ..
Old Aug 29, 2015, 10:21 am

so i was supposed to pickup my car today (saturday).

yesterday the website showed a cheaper price (130$ vs 175$) if i were to pick up at 5pm yesterday.

choices were plenty and i was really pleased with the choices
lots of SUV

ford edge titanium and SEL
kia sorento EX AWD (leather, basic radio, no sunroof)
Nissan pathfinder SV (cloth, no sunroof)
nissan rogue
hyundai santa Fe
mitsubishi endeavor

on the "regular side"

camaro, ford mustang, volvo xc60 t6 awd, v60

i asked nicely the manager if i could pick up the volvo xc60 and that I am executive.

he told me to add 9$/day which i accepted.

really comfortable but hesitating about if i should have gotten a larger car (kia sorento or nissan pathfinder)

we are 4 adults so we didnt need a 3rd row and the trunk is spacious. xenon headlights, panoramic sunroof and being a volvo sold me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.