Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at YUL

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2018, 12:05 pm

I thought the winter tires requirement is for all Quebec-registered vehicles including rental cars? If not, I might choose my vehicle based on whether they have winter tires or not. Thanks!

Originally Posted by SKYEG
Jan 12 Friday Night 11pm during a blizzard:
ES was packed but with a bunch of challengers, chargers, ford edge limited and a bunch of Kia SUV/Sedans
Took a Buick Encore as it had winter tires, drove really well considering it snowed 20cm and the whole city was shut down.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 2:48 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ayking
I thought the winter tires requirement is for all Quebec-registered vehicles including rental cars? If not, I might choose my vehicle based on whether they have winter tires or not. Thanks!
It is a requirement. I can confirm this.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 8:56 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Didn't know that! Good to know. Still the best option I think for that day
Old Feb 26, 2018, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by ayking
Forgot to report back, I was there and all they had left on the lot were small Kias and Civics, plus some minivans. The attendent initially just told me that those are what's available, but after telling him I had a premium reservation he offered me to choose between a XTS and C300 sedan. Took the C300 with 4matic and winter tires even though the license plate was Ontario. Very happy with the upgrade this time! Thanks guys
Old Feb 18, 2020, 10:50 pm

Wonderful selection tonight. On aisle they have Camrys (LE), Siennas (LE), Cherokee. On selection they had Wranglers x 2, Colorado, Expedition Limited (which I took), Sienna, some Chevy sedans. I think there was a Dodge Grand Caravan as well.
powermax and YUL like this.
Old Aug 16, 2020, 7:00 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond, AC 50K
This location has turned into a total disaster with the Covid situation. A week ago Sunday afternoon arrived with a luxury reservation only to find no cars were available. Had to wait an hour for the next available vehicle to show up which was a 2 class downgrade from what I reserved.
Old Aug 22, 2020, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by turbov6
This location has turned into a total disaster with the Covid situation. A week ago Sunday afternoon arrived with a luxury reservation only to find no cars were available. Had to wait an hour for the next available vehicle to show up which was a 2 class downgrade from what I reserved.
agree, yesterday it was all small cars in the executive aisle, had to pick up a Jetta .... total disaster. Apparently they sold 75% of their fleet (the nice cars). What's the point of being an executive elite if I can get the same car at a cheap car rental company for half of the price ?
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2020, 4:08 pm

Personally I already gave it up to line up and negotiate with National every single time.
Instead, I would just book the cheapest option with Enterprise so I can still get credits.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 11:25 am

Does anyone have any recent experiences? I usually go to the downtown location but the airport is more convenient this time and wondering if they've improved their service lately. Thanks!
Old Jan 3, 2021, 10:29 am

Dec 23 4PM
1 ram 1500 bighorn
1 2020 elantra
1 jetta

Jan 3 1230PM
The aisle is empty. Enterprise lot also seems mostly empty.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 10:35 pm

Jan 24 5 PM

Aisles are empty. There is a Volvo crossover (seems like xc60) in the premier upgrade.

Enterprise lot is mostly empty as well
Old Jul 3, 2021, 8:00 pm

June 27th. 4 cars in the Emerald Aisle. Toyota Corolla, Hyundai Elantra, Kia Rio, and a Chevy Trax, which I took. Awful vehicle!

July 2nd on return there were also only 4 cars. A VW Jetta, a Hyundai Elantra, and a couple of other small-ish cars I did not go close enough to identify.

I have another booking for later this month but may switch to Avis, which had quite a few nice looking cars on their lot. Enterprise also had a good selection. I know National/Alamo/Enterprise used to share their fleet at YUL, but maybe not anymore. Alamo was bare also.

I hate to go to the other guys at YUL as National has been really good to me there, but with such a poor selection off the Aisle I might as well see what the rest have to offer.
jizen likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by arf04
June 27th. 4 cars in the Emerald Aisle. Toyota Corolla, Hyundai Elantra, Kia Rio, and a Chevy Trax, which I took. Awful vehicle!

July 2nd on return there were also only 4 cars. A VW Jetta, a Hyundai Elantra, and a couple of other small-ish cars I did not go close enough to identify.

I have another booking for later this month but may switch to Avis, which had quite a few nice looking cars on their lot. Enterprise also had a good selection. I know National/Alamo/Enterprise used to share their fleet at YUL, but maybe not anymore. Alamo was bare also.

I hate to go to the other guys at YUL as National has been really good to me there, but with such a poor selection off the Aisle I might as well see what the rest have to offer.
depends on who you compare it to, I always find YUL better than YYZ in selections but they don't give a lot of cars to under 25, even though my corporate code allows it. One time I took a pickup truck from the aisle and they only let me go after confirming with enterprise that even under 21 can rent pickups.
And I think they still share the fleet, last time I went I saw an enterprise agent taking people to the emerald aisle for vehicles.
jizen and Ordpc like this.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 10:08 am

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond, AC 50K
I have uploaded a video to YouTube that starts off with walking directions at YUL from the arrival airport gates thru the construction maze and on to the car Rental Garage.

A tour of the National isle starts around 2:50 if you want to skip ahead and it was recorded on the evening of Thursday Aug 12th. The following Sunday evening the National isle was empty.

joepa26, Ordpc and YUL like this.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 12:16 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, UA Silver, National EE, Hertz PC
Fri Nov 12

Arrived at 8:45pm with a Fullsize and Premium reservation.

EA/ES had RVR's and Eclipse Cross as well as the ususall passat, camry, jetta and tiguan's.
representative said there was a lot of premium since the 3 day i selected was for only 127 dollars!
Ended up with an Escape Titanum Hybrid from enterprise side with ON plates, Sirius XM. Tires are at 45psi and the blinkers go really fast for some reason.
Premier selection was a BMW X3 edrive
Enterprise side had nothing inspiring as well as a dodge durango R/T for upgrade.
Ordpc likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.