Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page > The Status Match Master Thread

The Status Match Master Thread

Closed Thread

Old Nov 10, 03, 2:07 am

Programs: AA PLT, AS & US GLD, Hyatt & Hilton DIA, Marriott PLT, *Wood & Priority GLD, Hertz Prez, Natl EmExec
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ANDREWCX:
Possibly a silly question but can anyone tell me if America West or Alaska accept NW Elite membership for comps since they are allied loosely?

Thanks
</font>
Not sure about Alaska but America West will match levels acc to segments or miles (i.e. their Silver = AA Gold acc to segments/miles) So if your NW numbers look good in comparison to Awest you can get the comp.
Good Luck!

------------------
AA Gold, AWEST Silver, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Gold, Priority Club Gold, Marriot Silver, Hertz Prez Club
Old Nov 11, 03, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA GS, 0.8MM
Great thread!!

My comping experience:
#1 - I had a circle trip through the Caribbean planned for work DEN-MIA-SDQ-CCS-LIM-IAH-DEN, so based on FT, I know that my 1K would get me Gold with a Platinum challenge, easily met with the trip. Sent in the info with a letter, comp was no problem...then the trip got cancelled. I have AA Gold for the year and no miles to show for it.
#2 - During SARS, UA cut back transpac flights to Asia, and basically split the route with NW, each airline taking half the trips. I did not plan on heavy traffic with NW, but given the 15K rt miles, Gold status would get me enough miles for one domestic ticket. Otherwise, I would have 15K worthless miles just sitting somewhere.

[This message has been edited by redbeard911 (edited 11-11-2003).]
Old Nov 12, 03, 10:46 am

Programs: DL UA
OK- I asked NW to match my US Airways Gold and sent them that info and my Delta silver. I was honest that I was interested in changing my Delta trips not US airways. I logged into the NW site today and see that I am silver. That's fine but it says Silver Nov 03- February 04.
There is no way that I am going to get enough miles between now and the end of February to keep silver as NW will be my back up airline.
Do you really think that they are only offering it until 2/04? I haven't received anything from them telling me that they gave me status. I just noticed it on the web.
thanks!
Old Nov 15, 03, 3:39 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: up in the air
bump
Old Nov 15, 03, 4:32 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by njvj:
OK- I asked NW to match my US Airways Gold and sent them that info and my Delta silver. I was honest that I was interested in changing my Delta trips not US airways. I logged into the NW site today and see that I am silver. That's fine but it says Silver Nov 03- February 04.
There is no way that I am going to get enough miles between now and the end of February to keep silver as NW will be my back up airline.
Do you really think that they are only offering it until 2/04? I haven't received anything from them telling me that they gave me status. I just noticed it on the web.
thanks!
</font>
NW matched my stateus to gold last year and I got a letter stating that It was to 2/03. Ithen recieved a new card in march saying I had it till 2/04 so all is not lost yet!
Old Nov 15, 03, 11:51 pm

Location: Bangkok and Palm Coast, FL. Exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Brian-AAFlyer:
I got comped SPG Gold simply by applying over the internet.. I opened the account and they opened another with gold status immediately.. Strange.. I've never stayed at a SPG property since the one stay required to transfer miles in to qantas...

I'm sure if you have any kind of status with any airline they'll probably comp you..
</font>

I didn't know that SPG had a level below Gold??
Old Nov 24, 03, 4:16 pm

Programs: DL UA
Tinky Belle
Thanks. I got my card today and it says valid until 2/04 but maybe I will get another one next year. I hope so because I doubt that I can make theire requirements in the first 7 weeks of the year
Old Nov 24, 03, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier elite, EY gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, AA/UA once gold now dirt.
I got my UA materials this week, with the standard form letter (dated 11/3/03) and the card good through 2/04. No clue anywhere whether they're intending to extend the comp through 2/05. Would think so, based on info in this thread (otherwise I'd have to repeat the process come March, I'd guess).

Also put in the letter to NW with both UA and CO documentation (the CO documentation revealing 50K+ base miles for 2003 already, the UA just confirming the status comp). In the letter, I tried to gently point out that I flew NW a lot already (but credited to CO), but if I flew UA I'd have to leave that alliance entirely. And that UA has an advantage by comping status because I'd lose 37,500+ total miles on a qualifying year if I had to start from scratch on NW vs. starting with status on UA.

Might not work, but thought I'd give 'em one last chance.
Old Nov 24, 03, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RustyC:
I got my UA materials this week, with the standard form letter (dated 11/3/03) and the card good through 2/04. No clue anywhere whether they're intending to extend the comp through 2/05. Would think so, based on info in this thread (otherwise I'd have to repeat the process come March, I'd guess).

Also put in the letter to NW with both UA and CO documentation (the CO documentation revealing 50K+ base miles for 2003 already, the UA just confirming the status comp). In the letter, I tried to gently point out that I flew NW a lot already (but credited to CO), but if I flew UA I'd have to leave that alliance entirely. And that UA has an advantage by comping status because I'd lose 37,500+ total miles on a qualifying year if I had to start from scratch on NW vs. starting with status on UA.

Might not work, but thought I'd give 'em one last chance.
</font>
Don't count on it, they are really stingy with their comps...
Old Nov 25, 03, 6:15 pm

So who will comp if I am not going to requalify. Currently a US silver but only have 9K and 13 segments on the year. I'd like to get status on somebody next year. I'd prefer NW or CO as I am looking for free dometic upgrades on cheap fares but would be interested in anybody.
Old Nov 25, 03, 6:19 pm

Deleted

Last edited by vinnmann; Aug 9, 07 at 12:53 pm
Old Nov 25, 03, 7:17 pm

I faxed my UA comp request based on my NW Gold status two weeks ago. I didn't have a paper statement at the time but I wanted to get the ball rolling on the process so I faxed in a copy of my card and a printout of my online statement. I have not heard from UA or had my status updates online yet.

Should I be worried?
Old Nov 25, 03, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Location: Hyatt "Giggity-Giggity", UA Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BW Diamond
YYZ - UA is fairly slow to respond. I mailed off my comp match over a month ago, and just got the Gold card today. I actually checked online, and my account had the status over two weeks ago.
Old Nov 26, 03, 4:37 pm

Don't I feel silly...

my status updated today.
Old Nov 27, 03, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Updated with Airtran matching info, thanks to OrlandoFlyer posting the information in the DL forum.

Search this Thread