Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Are there any current bonus mile deals for buying multiple InsideFlyer subscriptions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are there any current bonus mile deals for buying multiple InsideFlyer subscriptions?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2003, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
In my own defense, I should add that just last week I received my Dec 02 and Mar 03 copies of Inside Flyer (normal for this part of the country) and the former mentioned the old 31 Dec 02 deadline, so that was still on my mind.

Perhaps gleff could edit his second post in this thread to reflect the good news about the extension.
Old May 16, 2003, 3:06 pm

"It is really nice to have that as a back up until 31 Dec 03 for topping off my family members' AA, CO, and UA accounts (up to 20K for UA, 35K for AA, and unlimited for CO), so I can save my Diners Club points for other carriers."

its up to 50k for aadvantage now. i just called and thats what i was told

Old Jul 20, 2003, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Oral comments by airline reservation sales representatives sometimes aren't worth the paper they're printed on.

Since the Inside Flyer link for AA still lists only 35K miles, that's all the website will allow you to order. Actually, it's only the highest whole number multiple of three thousand that does not exceed that limit, namely, 33K miles (3K x 11) for eleven subscriptions.

I'm pleased to see that the prepositional phrase introducing the third paragraph in each of the good deals (UA, AA, CO) has been amended to specify the year the offer expires.

Speaking of rumors and vaporware, whatever happened to that test presentation, pointed out by flytoeat on 10 Feb 03 and still online and apparently active, for 2,500 American Express Membership Rewards points per Inside Flyer subscription?

http://www.insideflyer.com/amex/

Perhaps I could be induced to change credit cards?

Originally posted by Randy Petersen:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">For the record - we have never mentioned nor advertised any promotion with American Express MR. Nor would any one have found a link to such promotion. What was found is a test presentation for American Express to allow us a promotion.</font>
[Edited to credit the person who apparently first found and reported the test presentation.]

[This message has been edited by SPN Lifer (edited 07-20-2003).]
Old Aug 25, 2003, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For those people going for the 3500 Diners Club points (worth 1750 miles on most carriers), what is your rationale?

Are you all waiting exclusively for the 2:1 annual BA promo?

It seems to me the 3000 on AA, CO or UA would be a better deal, wouldn't it?

I guess the answer suggests itself: flexibility.
Old Aug 25, 2003, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When buying subscriptions, does the name associated with the frequent flyer account number have to match the name provided to InsideFlyer in the "Payment and Shipping Information" of the online subscription form?

In other words, could I top off my kids' accounts with my credit card?
Old Aug 25, 2003, 10:58 am

The frequent flyer number must match the name of the individual set up to receive the package. Family members with the same last name and same address shouldn't worry about the matching of information. However, those who place orders for friends using their own frequent flyer information need to provide address information for the frequent flyer member, as well as those who are to receive the package. In a case such as this, it is best to phone your order in at 1-800-767-8896 to ensure there is no confusion.

Old Aug 26, 2003, 10:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP 5 Mil, UA Global Services, BA Gold, DL Diamond, SPG Plat75, Hilton Diamond
SPN Lifer,

I think multiple copies of IF subs under Diners are primarily for BA promo. Most programs now allow purchase of points at better than 1750 miles/points per $60.

BA miles are not a deal for premium travel anymore but they do come in handy.
Old Oct 23, 2003, 8:01 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by vasantn:
I thought the promotions had now been extended to December 31, 2003.

...I called the Inside Flyer customer service line... I'm happy to report that the promotions have indeed been extended through the remainder of this year
</font>
Could someone please confirm that one InsideFlyer sub does indeed still yield 3,000 UA miles?

The link now shows 1,500 miles

http://www.insideflyer.com/united

I need to top off an account, for which 3K miles/$60 would be more economical than miles purchased from UA; with 1.5K miles/$60, this would not be the case.
Old Oct 24, 2003, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Sure looks like the offer is now 1500 miles, not 3000.

But if you want to check, it seems to me the only way to do so is to call the House of Miles...
Old Oct 24, 2003, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Same with AA ... bummer! I was waiting till the end of the year because earlier indications were that the offer was good through December 31.

[Edited to add:] Randy ... can anything be done? I want to buy lots of subscriptions in December and January but 1,500 miles is not enough incentive!

------------------
Vasant

[This message has been edited by vasantn (edited 10-24-2003).]
Old Oct 24, 2003, 11:28 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gleff:
But if you want to check, it seems to me the only way to do so is to call the House of Miles...</font>
Correspondence with the House of Miles has indicated 1,500 miles is the going rate for UA.
Old Oct 24, 2003, 8:06 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
That's pretty low to offer it until the end of the year and then take it back. I'm not gonna renew this year.
Old Oct 29, 2003, 10:45 am

I would be interested in reading a few issues, even if they are old to decide if I want to buy a subscription.

By the way, does this site offer a spell check option?

------------------
SillySil Hoping to make you smile!
Old Oct 29, 2003, 7:22 pm

Programs: Fly Amtrak, Go Greyhound! I'm often wrong but always sincere.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by iwannago2:

By the way, does this site offer a spell check option?
</font>
Nope, I just type things up in Word or Outlook & copy and paste onto my browser. No mistaces that waye . I think I remember reading that the next version of flyertalk will probably have a spellcheck option though.
Old Nov 18, 2003, 11:29 pm
Patron

When you sign up for the complete Frequent Flyer Package (= a subscription to InsideFlyer magazine and a copy of "The Official Frequent Flyer Guidebook", 7th edition) for USD 59,95, now you have these choices:

1.500 American Airlines AAdvantage miles (until 03/31/2004)
1.500 Continental OnePass miles (until 12/31/2003)
1.500 United Mileage Plus miles (until 12/31/2003)
1.000 Delta SkyMiles
1.000 Northwest Airlines® WorldPerks® miles
1.000 US Airways Dividend Miles
2.000 Diners Club Club Rewards points (available to U.S. Diners Club Club Rewards members only)
1.000 Starwood Preferred Guest Starpoints

[This message has been edited by Patron (edited Nov 18, 2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.