Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Are there any current bonus mile deals for buying multiple InsideFlyer subscriptions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are there any current bonus mile deals for buying multiple InsideFlyer subscriptions?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2003, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kansaitim:
If I use my AMEX to buy the UA 3k bonus for a subscription, do I get the 2.5k AMEX points also?</font>
No, but you should get miles or membership rewards points (depending on your Amex) for the purchase price.

That'd sure be a nice double dip, though, would't it??!
Old Feb 25, 2003, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">are there any ones without limits to how many miles you can accumulate? (or at least ones that allow you 100,000 per account?)</font>
Click on each link and look at the Terms and Conditions.

Continental seems to have no limit. Perhaps there is a reason for this. (!) You may wish to search the CO board to learn about OnePass redemption difficulties before taking this "opportunity." It is a great way to "top off," however.
Old Feb 25, 2003, 3:50 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
A little off topic but is there any info. in Inside Flyer that can't be found on FT. I mean if you take away the FF miles, is it worth buying a subscription anyways?

------------------
"I just wanna wish you good luck, we're all counting on you"
-Dr. Rumack
Old Feb 25, 2003, 10:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by g_leyser:
A little off topic but is there any info. in Inside Flyer that can't be found on FT. I mean if you take away the FF miles, is it worth buying a subscription anyways?</font>
Very much so. I find that each issue has at least some content that I would have not known about otherwise. I especially like some of the editorial content. I know that many others that read both InsideFlyer and FlyerTalk have said the same thing.

Old Feb 27, 2003, 12:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
[contents no longer relevant]

[This message has been edited by NickW (edited 02-27-2003).]
Old Feb 27, 2003, 1:30 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk

For the record - we have never mentioned nor advertised any promotion with American Express MR. Nor would any one have found a link to such promotion. What was found is a test presentation for American Express to allow us a promotion. The test presentation has not even been viewed by American Express yet - so this may blow our chances for getting their approval for a promotion. The only way this would have been found was by taking the URL and adding on names of various programs. As for any breech of contract -anticipation of such means we'll probably have to revise the promo from 2,500 Membership Rewards points down to only five bonus Membership Rewards points. But we're sure you'll like the reading.

Please allow us a chance to try and create value for you all. Thanks.
Old Feb 27, 2003, 2:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
Email sent...
Old Mar 10, 2003, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Only three weeks left for the AA, CO, and UA deals. They're great for "topping off."
Old Mar 11, 2003, 10:32 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JudyJFLA:
One of you wonderful FT'ers was kind enough to gift me with one of your subs last year, and I will admit that the day it arrives I read it cover to cover. I always wish it was larger. As to the Guidebook, it is very informative, but seemed to need a update for alot of the information. Hopefully if someone out there needs more miles I would love a renewal!! Valentine's gift anyone?!</font>

I have several dozen IF subs (incl Guidebook) available -- email your name & preferred mailing address to: [email protected]
Old Mar 14, 2003, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Only three weeks left for the AA, CO, and UA deals. They're great for "topping off."</font>
Down to 15 days now!
Old Mar 16, 2003, 11:25 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MileBuyer:

I have several dozen IF subs (incl Guidebook) available -- email your name & preferred mailing address to: [email protected]
</font>
MileBuyer WELCOME TO FLYERTALK!

But forgive me if I can't help but feel suspicious of someone's FIRST EVER post on FlyerTalk when it is asking for names and addresses.
Old Mar 17, 2003, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SPN Lifer:
Down to 15 days now!</font>
SPN Lifer, the insideflyer.com site shows the offer expiration dates for AA, UA and CO to be December 31. Do you have some information that supersedes this?

------------------
Vasant
Old Mar 17, 2003, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My source was the second thread on this post, followed up by actually clicking through the links. At the time, and up until very recently, the big circle at the top of the linked page said "3000 miles" without any "ends Dec. 31" suffix as appears now. The explicit text of the promotion also made clear the 31 March 2003 deadline.

I did not take a screen shot of the particular promotion I was interested in, but there are archival websites that periodically try to capture the entire internet, so perhaps there is something out there.

I subjectively and privately figure that if Randy had to withdraw the promotion early, for whatever valid reasons he might have, he should be entitled to do so, even if I am personally disappointed, in the absence of any legal "consideration" on my part to keep his offer open to the originally posted date. [I am not undertaking to provide legal advice!] Perhaps staffing was unavailable for an anticipated deluge of orders, as occured near 1 July 2002.

You snooze, you lose!

There may be a more benign explanation, that there were computer problems, and the link now resolves to an older version of the page, with no intention to cut us off.

That is my hope, but we'll have to await word from the one with authority to tell us.

Actually, my real interest is whether there will be any extension of any of these types of promotions.

Old Mar 17, 2003, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
SPN Lifer, my interpretation was a lot more positive than yours; that is, I thought the promotions had now been extended to December 31, 2003.

Your response raised a doubt in my mind, and so I called the Inside Flyer customer service line. I'm happy to report that the promotions have indeed been extended through the remainder of this year .

------------------
Vasant
Old Mar 17, 2003, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you, thank you, Randy!!!!

It is really nice to have that as a back up until 31 Dec 03 for topping off my family members' AA, CO, and UA accounts (up to 20K for UA, 35K for AA, and unlimited for CO), so I can save my Diners Club points for other carriers.

I guess it's true what they teach in the Navy, when I "assume," I make an ... of u & me. I'm glad to see, vasantn, that your inherent optimism (and trust in Randy) has been rewarded.

I've never claimed to be a computer expert.

[First parenthetical amended to clarify maxima.]

[This message has been edited by SPN Lifer (edited 03-17-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.