Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Restaurants no longer participating in Idine

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2004, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Restaurants no longer participating in Idine

I have a question. One of my favorite restaurants no longer participates in the Idine program. I noticed it was no longer listed on the web site. Is there any way to talk to someone to express interest in trying to bring it back?! Should I talk to the restaurant or Idine??! Any ideas!

Thanks!
Old Jan 15, 2004, 3:55 pm
CMW

You might try talking to the restaurant. I know I read on one of these threads awhile ago that someone mentioned idine to one of the restaurants they frequently visited and the restaurant signed up for the program.

Your favorite probably had reason for dropping out(maybe they felt they were not getting their money's worth) Your feedback might make them reconsider.
Old Jan 15, 2004, 6:29 pm

If we had a forum dedicated to IDine (see suggestions), we might even be able to get an IDine lurker who could provide a better answer to this question.
Old Jan 15, 2004, 8:21 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
I would say it's all the restaurant. I can't picture Idine not doing everything they can to keep restaurants in the program. My guess is they paid off their Idine loan and want all their money now.
Old Jan 16, 2004, 12:41 pm
R&R

Definitely, there is a need for a seperate Forum for iDine on that 3rd page, which few post on, where all the Dining Topics can be posted.

How about it?

Old Jan 16, 2004, 1:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by R&R:
Definitely, there is a need for a seperate Forum for iDine on that 3rd page, which few post on, where all the Dining Topics can be posted.

How about it?
</font>
We need an idine forum, but I'd rather keep it in FT Miles (otherwise there would be lots of misposts).

Please voice your opinion here, in the FT Suggestions forum:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum73/HTML/000601.html

[This message has been edited by cactuspete (edited Jan 16, 2004).]
Old Jan 16, 2004, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think Dining and Airports should be eliminated and any forums in those areas that do get posts could be added to FT Travel or Miles, whichever is more appropriate. And, while I'm on the subject, there needs to be some reorganization of Miles and Travel -- forums like FT trip reports belong in Travel, not miles.
Old Jan 16, 2004, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Discussion of board formats as well as the creation or elimination of forums should be handled in the Suggestions forum or the Only Randy Petersen forum.

MilesBuzz is for discussion of the latest frequent flyer program buzz.

The subject at hand is why restaurants choose to participate or not in iDine, and whether it's possible for patrons to influence that decision.

Regards,
Gary
aka gleff
MilesBuzz and Delta moderator
Old Jan 16, 2004, 4:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Ooops.

[This message has been edited by cactuspete (edited Jan 16, 2004).]
Old Jan 16, 2004, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by amanuensis:
I think Dining and Airports should be eliminated and any forums in those areas that do get posts could be added to FT Travel or Miles, whichever is more appropriate. And, while I'm on the subject, there needs to be some reorganization of Miles and Travel -- forums like FT trip reports belong in Travel, not miles.</font>
Short memory?

Dining and Airports USED TO BE under one of the others. The FT board was split up into Miles, Travel, Dining, and Airports at least in part owing to technical problems with the bulletin board software.

Kathy

Old Jan 16, 2004, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Isn't there a separate iDine URL for restaurant owners, other than www.idine.com?

------------------
Middle_Seat
Old Jan 17, 2004, 2:12 am
R&R

Then, I don't understand why there is a page for the Dining Forums!

That is where Idine belongs!

Old Jan 18, 2004, 11:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
iDine used to comprise as one part a program that would loan restaurants money in exchange for a negotiated discount for the program's members.

I believe iDine still includes this approach to their business.
Old Jan 19, 2004, 7:12 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fastflyer:
iDine used to comprise as one part a program that would loan restaurants money in exchange for a negotiated discount for the program's members.

I believe iDine still includes this approach to their business.
</font>
They still do:

Providing Working Capital for Growth
Perhaps you’d like to add a dining patio to your restaurant. Or purchase new equipment for your kitchen. Maybe you’d like to freshen your décor. Whatever your restaurant needs, iDine’s Cash Advance program can provide you with the capital to see them fulfilled.

Old Jan 19, 2004, 9:44 am
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
Hi there Middle_Seat! The website is www.freshcustomers.com

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Middle_Seat:
Isn't there a separate iDine URL for restaurant owners, other than www.idine.com?

</font>

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.