FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   MilesBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz-370/)
-   -   Restaurants no longer participating in Idine (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz/9416-restaurants-no-longer-participating-idine.html)

SkyTeam777 Jan 15, 2004 3:23 pm

Restaurants no longer participating in Idine

I have a question. One of my favorite restaurants no longer participates in the Idine program. I noticed it was no longer listed on the web site. Is there any way to talk to someone to express interest in trying to bring it back?! Should I talk to the restaurant or Idine??! Any ideas!

Thanks!

CMW Jan 15, 2004 3:55 pm

You might try talking to the restaurant. I know I read on one of these threads awhile ago that someone mentioned idine to one of the restaurants they frequently visited and the restaurant signed up for the program.

Your favorite probably had reason for dropping out(maybe they felt they were not getting their money's worth) Your feedback might make them reconsider.

Cornroaster Jan 15, 2004 6:29 pm

If we had a forum dedicated to IDine (see suggestions), we might even be able to get an IDine lurker who could provide a better answer to this question.

cordelli Jan 15, 2004 8:21 pm

I would say it's all the restaurant. I can't picture Idine not doing everything they can to keep restaurants in the program. My guess is they paid off their Idine loan and want all their money now.

R&R Jan 16, 2004 12:41 pm

Definitely, there is a need for a seperate Forum for iDine on that 3rd page, which few post on, where all the Dining Topics can be posted.

How about it?

cactuspete Jan 16, 2004 1:40 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by R&R:
Definitely, there is a need for a seperate Forum for iDine on that 3rd page, which few post on, where all the Dining Topics can be posted.

How about it?
</font>
We need an idine forum, but I'd rather keep it in FT Miles (otherwise there would be lots of misposts).

Please voice your opinion here, in the FT Suggestions forum:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum73/HTML/000601.html

[This message has been edited by cactuspete (edited Jan 16, 2004).]

amanuensis Jan 16, 2004 3:01 pm

I think Dining and Airports should be eliminated and any forums in those areas that do get posts could be added to FT Travel or Miles, whichever is more appropriate. And, while I'm on the subject, there needs to be some reorganization of Miles and Travel -- forums like FT trip reports belong in Travel, not miles.

gleff Jan 16, 2004 3:32 pm

Discussion of board formats as well as the creation or elimination of forums should be handled in the Suggestions forum or the Only Randy Petersen forum.

MilesBuzz is for discussion of the latest frequent flyer program buzz.

The subject at hand is why restaurants choose to participate or not in iDine, and whether it's possible for patrons to influence that decision.

Regards,
Gary
aka gleff
MilesBuzz and Delta moderator

cactuspete Jan 16, 2004 4:00 pm

Ooops.

[This message has been edited by cactuspete (edited Jan 16, 2004).]

KathyWdrf Jan 16, 2004 4:04 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by amanuensis:
I think Dining and Airports should be eliminated and any forums in those areas that do get posts could be added to FT Travel or Miles, whichever is more appropriate. And, while I'm on the subject, there needs to be some reorganization of Miles and Travel -- forums like FT trip reports belong in Travel, not miles.</font>
Short memory?

Dining and Airports USED TO BE under one of the others. The FT board was split up into Miles, Travel, Dining, and Airports at least in part owing to technical problems with the bulletin board software.

Kathy

Middle_Seat Jan 16, 2004 5:23 pm

Isn't there a separate iDine URL for restaurant owners, other than www.idine.com?

------------------
Middle_Seat

R&R Jan 17, 2004 2:12 am

Then, I don't understand why there is a page for the Dining Forums!

That is where Idine belongs!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/biggrin.gif

fastflyer Jan 18, 2004 11:33 pm

iDine used to comprise as one part a program that would loan restaurants money in exchange for a negotiated discount for the program's members.

I believe iDine still includes this approach to their business.

cordelli Jan 19, 2004 7:12 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fastflyer:
iDine used to comprise as one part a program that would loan restaurants money in exchange for a negotiated discount for the program's members.

I believe iDine still includes this approach to their business.
</font>
They still do:

Providing Working Capital for Growth
Perhaps you’d like to add a dining patio to your restaurant. Or purchase new equipment for your kitchen. Maybe you’d like to freshen your décor. Whatever your restaurant needs, iDine’s Cash Advance program can provide you with the capital to see them fulfilled.

paradocs Jan 19, 2004 9:44 am

Hi there Middle_Seat! The website is www.freshcustomers.com

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Middle_Seat:
Isn't there a separate iDine URL for restaurant owners, other than www.idine.com?

</font>