Wiki Posts
Search

Frequent Flyer Lifetime Status

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2006, 6:28 am

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
Originally Posted by Superd1
No they do not.
I have e-mailed them suggesting that they consider it. If enough people e-mail them maybe they will.
Actually, that's not correct. AS awards lifetime MVP Gold status when you reach 1,000,000 BIS miles. I think the counter starts showing up on your online account status when you reach 500,000 BIS miles. There have been discussions of this in the AS Forum, and one of the newsletters last year had an article about the handful of people who have reached this milestone. (That's a lot of flying!)
Old Feb 11, 2006, 6:30 am

Sorry, duplicate post.

Last edited by BLI-Flyer; Feb 11, 2006 at 12:07 pm
Old Feb 11, 2006, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by pushback
Yes, but you only have to fly 2873 segments between SJC and SEA to get it!

(Yes, I know... they go to Russia and Mexico too... but I don't!)

In all fairness, I did ask the question.

Will they comp lifetime gold against AA? That I would love to sea! ;-)

[This message has been edited by pushback (edited Jan 23, 2004).]
AS does not fly to Russia. They used to, but not any more.

Last edited by BLI-Flyer; Feb 11, 2006 at 12:08 pm
Old Feb 11, 2006, 6:47 am
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
Airtran I think

I got a status match about 3 years ago and I'm still Elite with Airtran.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
FlyingBlue (AF/KLM) gives you lifetime plat after 10 years being plat in a row
Old Feb 11, 2006, 7:01 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
LH gives liftime SEN. You need to be SEN for 10 years and at least at the age of 60+ (so not such a great offer)
Old Feb 12, 2006, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by gemac
Flyertalk has a handy search feature.

Here, for example, are the results of a search on this forum for "lifetime elite".
Actually, gemac, a link to the results of a search only works for the person who did the search!

But your helpful advice was sound, and is how I found the best threads to bump. For those unaware of it, the "search this forum" button is at the top right corner of the list of threads in a given forum.
Old Sep 30, 2006, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, BD Silver, Amtrak Select, SPG & PCR Plat/ICH Amb, AA, AS, DL, PR
Philippine Airlines offers lifetime Premier Elite status to MMers. More info can be found at the Mabuhay Miles website.
Old Sep 30, 2006, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by shillard
QF really has this sorted, in fact you can buy lifetime lounge access (QF, AA & BA lounges) for either $$$ or points with "Qantas Club Lifetime Membership".

As previously mentioned, QF elites can also qualify for lifetime free membership by obtaining lifetime gold, at 14,000 status credits (the equivalent of 10 cunningly planned F RTW trips).
QF Club lifetime sells for: AUD$3,820 (USD$2,850), or 825,000 QF Miles, but by the time you hit 825,000 QF miles, you basically will have had enough QF Status Credits to qualify for lifetime Gold, which gets you lifetime AA Admirals Club Access...although some have said, you are better off buying QF Club lifetime membership and putting your OW flights towards AA where redemption rates are much better than AA.
Old Sep 30, 2006, 8:59 pm

Programs: FB Plat/SPG Plat/HH Gold/LHW/SLH/SK Silver
Skypass members on KE receive membership in their "Lifetime Million Miler Club" after flying 1 million miles with Sky Team. (Miles earned from non-airline partners and promo offers do not qualify).

There is also a "Morning Calm Premium Club" for those who reach 500.000 miles.

Both are treated as ST Elite+.

KE differentiates from other airlines as the lifetime memberships are the ones advertised, there are only three levels (the above two) and the regular Morning Calm Club (fly 50K in 2 years). I assume a lot of flyers would shy away from this program as it takes an extra 450,000 miles to reach mid-tier membership- which for most people would mean flying a few years with the lowest elite level status as opposed to enjoying top tier status on UA/AA immediately after reaching 100K and then probably become eligible for MillionMiler anyway.

I have 4 years left to go with FB after which I am looking forward to a long vacation from AF and NorthWorst.
Old Sep 30, 2006, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Originally Posted by divaof travel
Lifetime Diamond is earned with 10 consecutive Diamond years and 1M base points.
Just to note, this is an unpublished benefit with Hyatt and true enough, the qualifications you state are for sure the folklore I have heard many times on FT.

However, Gold Passport Concierge (i.e. "Hyatt Lurker") recently confirmed in writing on the Hyatt board that you just need 1M points and ten years in the Gold Passport program at any level - there is no requirement that you have had Diamond ever.
Old Sep 30, 2006, 10:39 pm

Programs: FB Plat/SPG Plat/HH Gold/LHW/SLH/SK Silver
Air China seems to offer Lifetime Platinum after 1,600,000kms (100,000miles) There are also special gifts involved (I'm clueless).

Don't mean to get off-topic but interestingly mileage redemption in Y and C are not much different ie o/w award ticket US-China is 60,000 km (37,282 miles) and the same ticket in C is 70,000kms (43,495 miles). The same with China-Europe flights, example roundtrip award in Y is 90,000 (55,923) and 100,000 (62,137 miles) in C. So the difference between Y and C for a roundtrip award ticket between Europe and China is only 6000 miles!
Old Oct 3, 2006, 2:59 am

Programs: AA EXPlt/MM 2.2, Priority Club PLT RAMB
Priority Club?

Does anybody know of a lifetime status level with Priority Club?
Old Oct 3, 2006, 11:01 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, MR Plat Elite
UA Lifetime 1P, extra perks?

What other extra perks do you get from UA once you reach 1,000,000 BIS miles?

Is there a big adda-boy the first year? What recurring perks? SWUs?

Bubba
Old Oct 6, 2006, 12:09 am
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
The AS routes have been expanding pretty quickly over the past few years.

They now fly directs from SEA to BOS, EWR, DCA, MCO and MIA, not to mention ORD and DFW.

Unfortunately, since they have so few long flights, such little planes, and so many folks competing, getting upgraded,even with top status, takes way too much work and money, so we dropped them after many years of enjoying top status.

The only place we fly AS now is SEA/LAS and we have more than enough miles to upgrade our occasional Vegas trips.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.