Frequent Flyer Lifetime Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Frequent Flyer Lifetime Status

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2004, 1:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jasons2e:
[B]Can you get close to 1:1 with any points.com trades?</font>
AFAIK, Points.com doesn't come anywhere near 1:1. From the few small transactions I've queried there, the conversion rates were so unbelievably bad they were laughable.

I did sign up for Points.com and convert 5 Alaska miles into 1 AAdvantage mile. (Remember that 20-Partners promo?) The lonely little mile posted quickly and correctly, and I was thankful for that.
Old Jan 26, 2004, 2:07 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pinniped:

I forget if my TWA miles counted. I only had a few thousand of those actually sitting in my account at the time of the merger so I didn't pay a whole lot of attention.
</font>
Yes, they should have counted. (At least, my few 100,000 did. If I recall correctly, that auto-transfer when AA absorbed TWA took me over the top from about 1.9mil.)
-BP
Old Jan 29, 2004, 8:34 pm

Location: SFO, SJC, OAK, LVK AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, LUV A-List, Hyatt Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Commercial Pilot (not employed by airlines)
So, what happens when you hit 1 million miles on AA anyway? Do you get free upgrades? Free drink coupons? Do the angels sing? Do the FA's smile at you more? Or do you just get another plastic card to put in your travel wallet?
Old Jan 29, 2004, 9:43 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pinniped:
I forget if my TWA miles counted. I only had a few thousand of those actually sitting in my account at the time of the merger so I didn't pay a whole lot of attention.</font>
They counted...and not just the miles sitting in your Aviators account at the time. The lifetime miles earned on TWA was transferred 1:1 to the total lifetime miles earned on AA.

Old Jan 30, 2004, 2:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pushback:
So, what happens when you hit 1 million miles on AA anyway? Do you get free upgrades? Free drink coupons? Do the angels sing? Do the FA's smile at you more? Or do you just get another plastic card to put in your travel wallet?</font>
Scroll up. Lifetime Gold Status. (Yes, I think that comes with a few bonus domestic e-upgrades as well.)
Old Jan 30, 2004, 5:06 pm

Location: Baltimore - Hyatt Lifetime Diamond/Courtesy Card, UA 2M
Only a little off the subject. Hyatt now offers lifetime Diamond status to those who meet the rigorous criteria. In my mind, this is better than my United lifeteme Premiere Executive, as Diamond is their very top tier.
Old Feb 1, 2004, 6:18 pm

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
Scroll up. Lifetime Gold Status. (Yes, I think that comes with a few bonus domestic e-upgrades as well.)</font>
I think you get 6 upgrades per year(at least that's what mine says).
Old Feb 1, 2004, 7:34 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by rustyr:
I think you get 6 upgrades per year(at least that's what mine says).</font>

really? that's a nice bonus if true. unfortunately i'm about 600k miles short of mm status.
Old Feb 1, 2004, 11:18 pm

I tried to get lifetime status with CX but they changed their rules?
Has anyone obtained CX lifetime mebership since CX joined One World?
Old Feb 3, 2004, 12:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
CX lifetime was withdrawn 6 or 7 years ago. I think they used to give it for five consecutive years of Diamond membership. Someone who's been around longer than me could confirm.

All they have now is an "Invitation" level (like BA Premier) which is equivalent to Diamond / OneWorld Emerald in status but is totally at their whim. Generally I believe it goes to top managers in companies that have a large amount of travel spending that can be directed towards CX.
Old Feb 3, 2004, 3:16 pm

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pushback:
[B](Yes, I know... they go to Russia and Mexico too... but I don't!)

an off-topic correction: Alaska has no scheduled service to Russia anymore (don't know about charters). That service wasn't operational for very long, and stopped a few years ago (in 98 or 99).
Old Feb 5, 2004, 2:44 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by beergut:
KLM are offering lifetime PE status after ten years at that level.

"Complimentary lifetime Platinum Elite membership
KLM’s most loyal customers, Platinum Elite FD members, now can be eligible for a complimentary lifetime Platinum Elite membership after having qualified as a PE member for ten consecutive years.* Lifetime members are entitled to all PE services for the rest of their life without having to qualify for PE membership each year**!
*Threshold options may change annually.
**Eligible PE members currently holding an extended membership will receive their lifetime card on completion thereof "

Nigel

</font>

Since the PE status is quit young, that's an easy promise, . Are they going to recognize the years as Royal Wing?
Old Feb 8, 2004, 2:55 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cityroamer:

Since the PE status is quit young, that's an easy promise, . Are they going to recognize the years as Royal Wing?
</font>
Yes!

Please see KLM FD reply to johan rebel

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum28/HTML/002261.html
Old Feb 10, 2004, 7:06 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by divaof travel:
Only a little off the subject. Hyatt now offers lifetime Diamond status to those who meet the rigorous criteria. In my mind, this is better than my United lifeteme Premiere Executive, as Diamond is their very top tier.</font>

Where do you get the details on lifetime diamond?
Old Feb 10, 2004, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA PLT 3.6...MM-gonna take LONGER to hit 4MM for those VIPs soon!
When I hit 1mm with AA I thought "great-never have to worry about requalifing again!"

Then I read AA's meaning of "lifetime"- it's not MY lifetime but the lifetime of the AAdvantage Gold Program.

Sounds like if it ever suits AA to wipe out the lifetime Gold and/or Platinum benefit, they could simply create new elite tiers-maybe AAdvantage Copper, Silver, and Titanium Executive- and we'd all be back to requalifing yearly or losing the perks.

Would AA ever find it advantageous to do this? I wonder- but the wording reserves that right.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.