Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

weird posting of Goldpoints

Old Jan 8, 02, 10:49 pm
Original Poster

I withdrew 8 million GPs to AA to get platinum for life and the posting to AA is screwed up. I only opened the AA account about 3 months ago and I got 12,500+500 bonus miles everyday since I opened my account (i.e. only about 750k miles posted). Weird huh? Anyone else withdraw a large amount of points? Seems GP has a 13k max per day for miles withdrawl... I hope GP fixes this otherwise I'm screwed out of 1.25million miles...
Old Jan 8, 02, 11:40 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold
How are you screwed out of 1.25 million miles? It sounds like it may take a while at the rate it's going. But why shouldn't you get them all? Personally, I've never heard of the limit you mention. But I'll be doing the same thing as you and am interested as to whether or not there are any limits, daily or otherwise.
Old Jan 8, 02, 11:59 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Delta Slvr, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5star
Can I ask what types of things you purchased in order to acquire 8mil GPs?

Good job, BTW.

-- Brian
Old Jan 9, 02, 12:07 am
Original Poster

If you ever withdrawed points to AA you should see it's 12.5k+.5k spread out amongst some days. Seems radisson has a limit or something with the airlines. I'm guess they have a hotel stay for like 12.5k max per night so that's what they're doing... Got the points through various online deals as described here previously but I had a high credit limit I guess the wife can't complain when we're sitting on the beach in Hawaii...
Old Jan 9, 02, 5:05 am
msn

Sounds like just under $20,000 worth of magazines!
Old Jan 9, 02, 5:41 am

Programs: AA - Lifetime Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by canadaflyer:
I withdrew 8 million GPs to AA to get platinum for life and the posting to AA is screwed up. I only opened the AA account about 3 months ago and I got 12,500+500 bonus miles everyday since I opened my account (i.e. only about 750k miles posted). Weird huh? Anyone else withdraw a large amount of points? Seems GP has a 13k max per day for miles withdrawl... I hope GP fixes this otherwise I'm screwed out of 1.25million miles...</font>
The same is happening to me. GP CSR told me that it's a problem at AA. An AA CSR asked that I wait a week. Ok... I'll update in a week...
Old Jan 9, 02, 6:43 am
Original Member

canadaflyer:

When did you initiate the transfer to AA?

Just curious, as I'd like to know if there has been any marked improvement, given the plethora of GPs (via Valuemags) to AA. Or whether your situation may be expected for recent transfers, end of Dec.

With Neal, I concur. I think you'll get your points as entitled. But it looks like it will takes some work, unfortunately. Probably will be the same for me, too. Best of luck. Sometimes I wish that these points/mileage programs would start treating miles more like banks treat money (however, the analogy is a bit weak).

JL2
Old Jan 9, 02, 8:52 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS MVPG, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG
Same thing here. Redeemed 250K GoldPoints to AA towards the end of last year. Should get 64,500 miles, but am missing 25,000 (two 12,500 postings). Miles posted each day thru 12/30, but nothing since then. I understand that AA typically freezes accounts the first two weeks of the year. Wondering if anyone else has seen AA postings since 1/1?
Old Jan 9, 02, 9:30 am
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You're probably right about the "frozen" AA accounts. Diners usually takes a couple days to switch and mine haven't posted after nine days.
Old Jan 9, 02, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Actually I noticed the same thing happens on United and they don't post past the date you requested them. Nor do they post past the 1st of the month. For example, I requested 300k miles on the Dec 19 and I got 12.5k+.5k everyday from Dec 1-&gt;Dec 19 and not after that. Weird... I requested 25k on Dec 10 and got 12.5k+.5k on Dec 9 and Dec 10 but the Dec 19 doesn't overwrite Dec 9 and Dec 10 (i.e. I got a total of 12.5k+.5k on Dec 9 and Dec 10 not 25k+1k if it weren't a limit of one per day).
Old Jan 9, 02, 5:37 pm

Don't worry!!!

Samething happened to my NW account. They apparently post it in 12,500 and 500 mile increments. I am missing 25,000... similar to what others have.

I called Goldpoints, they are not sure what happened. They suggested waiting for 30 days, then check with the airlines. Then you will have to fax in the frequent flyer statement to GP so they will recredit it then.
Old Jan 9, 02, 5:41 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by msn:
Sounds like just under $20,000 worth of magazines!</font>
That's almost $30,000 Canadian... CanadaFlyer. It is almost one year salary of many people before tax.... so it's equal to 2 years of earning. All on magazines, wow, that must be a Guiness record.
Old Jan 9, 02, 7:46 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MileKing:
Same thing here. Redeemed 250K GoldPoints to AA towards the end of last year. Should get 64,500 miles, but am missing 25,000 (two 12,500 postings). Miles posted each day thru 12/30, but nothing since then. I understand that AA typically freezes accounts the first two weeks of the year. Wondering if anyone else has seen AA postings since 1/1?</font>
This is identical to my case, same points xferred, etc. Glad to see there's a pattern which will make it easier to resolve by all parties involved.

Old Jan 10, 02, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
I believe Radisson/Goldpoints does the automatic conversion to air miles in chunks of 50,000 Goldpoints (12,500 miles). The following appears on the Radisson website at:

http://www.radisson.com/RAD/Gold_Rew...?P0=&P1=redeem

"Exclusive Radisson Airline Partner Rewards
Only a Radisson Gold Rewards member is entitled to redeem Gold Points to airline miles at a 4:1 ratio. Redemptions are available at 2,000; 6,000; 10,000; 20,000; and 50,000 Gold Point increments. PARTICIPATING AIRLINE MILES PARTNERS: Air Canada, American, America West, Asiana, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Continental, Delta, EL AL, Gulf Air, Icelandair, Latin Pass, Mexicana, Midwest Express, Northwest, Qualiflyer, TWA, United, US Airways"

Also, in a response to an e-mail inquiry about my account, Goldpoints said that "points are converted on a weekly basis."

However, it sounds like they actually CONVERT 50,000 points per day, and POST them (i.e., up to 350,000 points or 87,500 miles plus bonuses) once a week.

Kathy
Old Jan 11, 02, 6:55 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by phoenixitc:
This is identical to my case, same points xferred, etc. Glad to see there's a pattern which will make it easier to resolve by all parties involved.

</font>
My two missing sets of 12,500 miles posted late today! Yay...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: