Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

30K AAdvantage for Citi checking account

30K AAdvantage for Citi checking account

Old Jan 13, 20, 7:37 pm

surprised to see i was targeted again via email and received the same offer good through march 2020.

Question for those who have done before…
1) did you have to meet any minimum balance amounts. If you didn't, were you charged a monthly fee?
2) since it seems the application does not ask for your AA number, does does the targeted native of the offer mean they will automatically assign your known AA number to the checking account. To the people who have successfully been awarded miles, did you essentially do nothin and the miles magically posted? Is there anywhere on your citi checking account online portal that shows linked AA account (like citicard online portal does)?
Old Jan 13, 20, 9:03 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, AAdvantage Gold, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMEX Membership Rewards
Originally Posted by numan View Post
surprised to see i was targeted again via email and received the same offer good through march 2020.

Question for those who have done before…
1) did you have to meet any minimum balance amounts. If you didn't, were you charged a monthly fee?
2) since it seems the application does not ask for your AA number, does does the targeted native of the offer mean they will automatically assign your known AA number to the checking account. To the people who have successfully been awarded miles, did you essentially do nothin and the miles magically posted? Is there anywhere on your citi checking account online portal that shows linked AA account (like citicard online portal does)?
1) I was not charged a monthly fee for the first three months the account was open. I was charged a fee in January. I am considering keeping the bank account so I will likely pay the fee or deposit enough to keep the account free soon.

2) I did nothing and the miles eventually posted. I made sure to click the link in the email when I applied
Old Jan 13, 20, 11:43 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM, AS MVPG 75K, MR-LT Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by gq_dq View Post
Miles were posted... now waiting for the "gotcha" 1099. Not sure how much they'll say my 40K mi were worth. If you're in the 25% tax bracket and they value @ 2.5cpm, then that's $250 you pay in taxes!

Anyone know what they did for the 2018 tax year?
$250 in taxes, ouch!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: