FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 30K AAdvantage for Citi checking account
View Single Post
Old Jul 23, 2020, 7:58 am
Adelphos

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by ajf87
I was targeted for the 50k offer last summer, it expired on 9/31. I had gotten these offers before but the full 50k was for either Citigold or Priority with big $10-50k balance requirements. I binned them because I don't have that much cash sitting around and I wasn't going to waste my time dealing with Citi's awful checking products for the 10k miles I'd get for a basic checking bonus. But the most recent one I got had language that made the 50k Priority offer much more attainable. I just needed to set up direct deposits and make consecutive monthly qualifying bill pays (I sent checks to my stepdad). I opened my account end of September 2019, met the offer criteria beginning of November, and received my miles 01/14 - despite the CSR I talked to saying it wouldn't be until March. I did not receiver a 1099, though the miles posted to my account this year. Still, 50k miles with no hard pull 5/24 is nice, even if I have to pay taxes on them. I canceled my Citi checking once they started charging a monthly fee, after my miles posted.
The best part about these offers is that you can get one per card product, and the Citi and AA language expressively permit getting two bank account bonuses a year. So with three separate card products, you can get over 250,000 AA miles over a year and a half.