FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 30K AAdvantage for Citi checking account
View Single Post
Old Mar 5, 2020, 8:21 pm
ajf87

Programs: AA EXP, HA PL, Hilton 💎, Marriott Ti, Wyndham/Caesars 💎, Hertz PC
I was targeted for the 50k offer last summer, it expired on 9/31. I had gotten these offers before but the full 50k was for either Citigold or Priority with big $10-50k balance requirements. I binned them because I don't have that much cash sitting around and I wasn't going to waste my time dealing with Citi's awful checking products for the 10k miles I'd get for a basic checking bonus. But the most recent one I got had language that made the 50k Priority offer much more attainable. I just needed to set up direct deposits and make consecutive monthly qualifying bill pays (I sent checks to my stepdad). I opened my account end of September 2019, met the offer criteria beginning of November, and received my miles 01/14 - despite the CSR I talked to saying it wouldn't be until March. I did not receiver a 1099, though the miles posted to my account this year. Still, 50k miles with no hard pull 5/24 is nice, even if I have to pay taxes on them. I canceled my Citi checking once they started charging a monthly fee, after my miles posted.