Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2016, 12:04 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by gmcc1
Okay why is everyone tweeting:

"Another day! It's November 18, 2016 at 02:00AM #LoveMarriottRewards #MRpoints"
These are usually bots.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 3:20 pm

Further to my post on the #StayDC promo recenty, which we all missed, and I didn't get points for, I've received another email from Marriott Customer Services:

"Apologies—we weren't able to award points for your recent post. Here are the most common reasons why this might have happened:
* You can only receive five rewards for #StayDC posts. If you have already received five rewards, that is the reason we couldn't deliver this additional one.
* You can only receive one reward for #StayDC posts per hour. If you have already received a reward within the last 60 minutes, that's why we couldn't deliver this one.
* Your Marriott Rewards account is configured to earn miles instead of points. Please change this in your Marriott Rewards account settings.
* You have reached the annual maximum of 2,500 points earned through #MRpoints. You can earn points through #MRpoints again starting next year."

I assume the first reason given was the cause of my not getting the points. I'd no idea #StayDC was limited to five awards.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 6:04 pm

Programs: QF Gold, Accor Plat, Hyatt plat, HH diam, SPG Gold
Marriott is asking me to link my accounts

Hi,

I don't post often but love reading posts on flyer talk!

Just wondering if anyone is having the same issues. I tweeted successfully once but for subsequent posts Marriott sends me a link to the mrpoints signup page. It did the same for my husband's account.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by Margouille
Hi,

I don't post often but love reading posts on flyer talk!

Just wondering if anyone is having the same issues. I tweeted successfully once but for subsequent posts Marriott sends me a link to the mrpoints signup page. It did the same for my husband's account.
I didn't get the issue in the recent points opportunity but it has occurred before if I've tried back to back tweets or posts rather than waiting an hour or day between posts as might be the rules. I'm linked to twitter/fb/ig and have been awhile. I just put it down to IT glitches.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by MAXII
I didn't get the issue in the recent points opportunity but it has occurred before if I've tried back to back tweets or posts rather than waiting an hour or day between posts as might be the rules. I'm linked to twitter/fb/ig and have been awhile. I just put it down to IT glitches.
Thanks I'll again try a bit later.

In any case, very happy I found this thread Marriott never seem to advertise the new social media campaigns. (or have I missed something?)
Old Nov 20, 2016, 9:03 am

Thanks I'll again try a bit later.

In any case, very happy I found this thread Marriott never seem to advertise the new social media campaigns. (or have I missed something?)
Me too. I totally rely on this thread and rarely see the campaigns for myself. I'm not sure why.
Old Nov 20, 2016, 3:38 pm

Just in case anyone is wondering, if you only received 950 points for an existing account you will get the additional points if you add the social media platform that was missing. Just added Facebook and got 500 points instantly.

Still can't seem to get points from Instagram but Twitter is now working for me (looks like I wasn't waiting long enough between posts as suggested).
Old Nov 20, 2016, 8:32 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Just in case anyone is wondering, if you only received 950 points for an existing account you will get the additional points if you add the social media platform that was missing. Just added Facebook and got 500 points instantly.

Still can't seem to get points from Instagram but Twitter is now working for me (looks like I wasn't waiting long enough between posts as suggested).
Thanks for the heads up.

I tried adding Facebook to my existing account but I'm getting the below error:

We weren't able to authenticate with your Facebook account.

Kinda strange considering I can login to my facebook so it's not a password problem.
Old Nov 20, 2016, 8:54 pm
formerly chrisbarnett01

Originally Posted by lcpteck
Thanks for the heads up.

I tried adding Facebook to my existing account but I'm getting the below error:

We weren't able to authenticate with your Facebook account.

Kinda strange considering I can login to my facebook so it's not a password problem.
To connect another account, log in to chirpify with twitter first. Then connect facebook.

If that is still not working check your facebook settings. You might have third party apps blocked.
Old Nov 20, 2016, 10:49 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by Hairbus380
To connect another account, log in to chirpify with twitter first. Then connect facebook.

If that is still not working check your facebook settings. You might have third party apps blocked.
Doesn't work either, no apps blocked in facebook settings as well both in privacy and apps section.
Old Nov 20, 2016, 11:42 pm

Doesn't work either, no apps blocked in facebook settings as well both in privacy and apps section.
I had the same problem with Instagram. Just waited a few hours, tried again and it worked.
Not much of a fix I'm afraid but might be worth trying to login again.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 7:34 am

MR told me names much match exactly. Mine doesn't and I just gave up.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 1:21 pm

I didnt receive any this time. I received them when they had a similar promotion last year.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 10:33 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T

Can you let me know how to do it? I cant link my facebook
Old Nov 28, 2016, 10:52 am
formerly chrisbarnett01

Thanks for spreading the Holiday cheer! We’ve added 50 pts to your account. #MembersGetIt https://t.co/mHzETfzqIG

I got the response immediately for retweeting something, but when I went to check marriott.com was down. As of now it is back up, but my points did not post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.