Old May 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry305
Print Wikipost

MilesBuzz: Canada

Old Feb 26, 2018, 8:15 am

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by Hyacinthe
Thanks. Regarding medical insurance, I plan to either subscribe a policy separate from the CC or if less expensive pay a supplement through the CC insurance company to top up the coverage for the duration of the stay (some credit cards offer that option). I'll look into both options once the trip is fully planned.
​​​​​​
My daughter just did a RTW trip and the best insurance hands down was World Nomads. Not expensive, can extend days covered during your trip, covers many activities that other companies don't (eg. kayaking) and also has coverage for theft of small electronics (Up to $500). She had her cell phone stolen in South Africa and filed a claim. They covered it without any problems and had her money in about 45 days. She also had some medical issues in Vietnam and again.. No problems.
Hyacinthe likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 4:47 pm

got an offer from starwood amex card in mail today about marriot card gone , says i get 25000 starwoods pts with new card thats good for 75000 marriot pts, no where do i see any fee for card , read the fine print ,says if u already have the starwood card before u dont get the pts, looked online and see its a $120 fee for the card, i dont see anything good with this offer .
Old Feb 26, 2018, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by Allie Abby
got an offer from starwood amex card in mail today about marriot card gone , says i get 25000 starwoods pts with new card thats good for 75000 marriot pts, no where do i see any fee for card , read the fine print ,says if u already have the starwood card before u dont get the pts, looked online and see its a $120 fee for the card, i dont see anything good with this offer .
It's only good for those who never owned AMEX SPG card before, b/c this offer is 25K SPG instead of regular 20K SPG
Old Feb 26, 2018, 5:03 pm

right , so those of us that had marriot and amex spg card before get nothing out of this , i still have amex spg card now , guess they dont check before they mail these offers out.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 5:55 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by jerryhung
It's only good for those who never owned AMEX SPG card before, b/c this offer is 25K SPG instead of regular 20K SPG
Has this been confirmed specifically by anyone at SPG/Marriott/AMEX? Because technically all AMEX cards should be 1 per lifetime right? Yet they are still churnable for the sign up bonuses.
jubberly likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by WesternCDN
Has this been confirmed specifically by anyone at SPG/Marriott/AMEX? Because technically all AMEX cards should be 1 per lifetime right? Yet they are still churnable for the sign up bonuses.
I'd rather that the question doesn't get pressed.

I don't think Amex will reply "go ahead and apply; you'll get the bonus anyway".
If enough people ask, they could make sure there's no bonuses paid out.

Surely some previous cardholders will apply for the 25K promo, and we can see what happens. I'll willing to wait.
Hyacinthe likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by jerry305
I'd rather that the question doesn't get pressed.

I don't think Amex will reply "go ahead and apply; you'll get the bonus anyway".
If enough people ask, they could make sure there's no bonuses paid out.

Surely some previous cardholders will apply for the 25K promo, and we can see what happens. I'll willing to wait.
Ditto. And if I am gonna risk the pull and the minimum spend, I'd rather do a churn with a referral, so I can at least try to get the 5,000 referral bonus...
Old Mar 10, 2018, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

CIBC Aerogold Visa* Card for Business
30,000 Aeroplan miles, with $1000 spend. First year free.

This is a sweet deal, IMO.

Gotta apply in-branch. Ask CIBC staff for the promo awarding 20,000 points + 10,000 points upon making the qualifying spend.
Some folks have reported being able to get the promo over the phone.

I went into a branch and applied soon as I heard. No troubles. CIBC rep asked me for the last year's income amount for my small business.

Thanks to jubberly for pointing this one out on another thread.
Originating post:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29502693-post293.html
Originally Posted by jubberly
CIBC currently has an in-branch only offer for the Business Aerogold Visa ,FYF 30,000 points,after min spend $1000 within 1st 3 months of opening.

Last edited by jerry305; Mar 10, 2018 at 4:58 pm
Old Mar 12, 2018, 1:30 pm

I can't believe they're still pushing credit cards with Aeroplan when the program is almost done. Seems pointless - everyone is going to be trying to burn the points at the bitter end, and there'll be nothing available - don't you think?
Old Mar 12, 2018, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pokee
I can't believe they're still pushing credit cards with Aeroplan when the program is almost done. Seems pointless - everyone is going to be trying to burn the points at the bitter end, and there'll be nothing available - don't you think?
No, I don't think that.

30,000 Aeroplan points goes a long way for me. If TD comes out with a similar offer, I will jump on that, too.
I make at least two Aeroplan redemptions a year.

Maybe if you're in Vancouver or Toronto or Montreal, your experience is different than mine.
People who feel this card isn't for them shouldn't apply for it.

On this forum, I try to make contributions that will be of benefit to some people. I don't expect every offer is going to work out for everyone.
jubberly likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 5:58 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
I applied in my local branch today, when the rep gives me the form to sign it says Adventura card, despite all along my saying Aerogold to her. She cannot find the offer, calls the credit card Center and they are clueless, she keeps saying Aventura and I keep having to correct her, I thank her for wasting my time and leave. When I get home 20 min later there is a message saying that she talked to her manager in the branch and there IS a 30K FYF offer for the aerogold card and I can get it.
jerry305 likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by tobegold
I applied in my local branch today, when the rep gives me the form to sign it says Adventura card, despite all along my saying Aerogold to her. She cannot find the offer, calls the credit card Center and they are clueless, she keeps saying Aventura and I keep having to correct her, I thank her for wasting my time and leave. When I get home 20 min later there is a message saying that she talked to her manager in the branch and there IS a 30K FYF offer for the aerogold card and I can get it.
LOL! That's a good one. Which location did you go to? What's the name of the rep?
Old Mar 12, 2018, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by pokee
Esso just dropped Aeroplan
Old Mar 12, 2018, 7:58 pm

Where did you see this?
Old Mar 12, 2018, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by crimsona
Where did you see this?
https://www.aeroplan.com/essonews.do

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.