MilesBuzz: Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry305
CANADIAN REFERENCE ON FLYERTALK
Canadian Credit Card Master List - Curated for Best Offer A complete listing of all the major credit cards in Canada along with their sign-up bonus, annual fee, CPM, and other pertinent information.

AMEX recent discussion American Express Canada application and reward strategies (2018)Which credit card should I get?Cards with good bonusesList of Credit Cards with Great Welcome bonuses (RFD version)
BLOGS
Canadian KilometersPointsNerdRewards CanadaDon't Call the Airline!PointshoggerCanadian Travel Hacking
CONFERENCE
PointsU conference (2018 & 2019 website)
Print Wikipost

MilesBuzz: Canada

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2017, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by BenSenise
Not necessarily. For one, we don't know if and when there will be another transfer bonus, and two, we don't know how much the bonus will be. in any case, the most i've seen it is 50% which means 1.85 Avios per CAD. This bonus is for 2 Avios per CAD. Not a huge difference but a difference none the less.
2 points per $1 spent for only a month is peanuts..it's hardly even an incentive to spend more on that card in one month. I'd much rather earn even a 25% transfer bonus on my hefty 25,000 sign-up bonus I recently got with my RBC Avion. I don't recall a time they didn't have the transfer bonus at least twice (or more) per year...
Old Nov 7, 2017, 8:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by pokee
2 points per $1 spent for only a month is peanuts..it's hardly even an incentive to spend more on that card in one month. I'd much rather earn even a 25% transfer bonus on my hefty 25,000 sign-up bonus I recently got with my RBC Avion. I don't recall a time they didn't have the transfer bonus at least twice (or more) per year...
i realize now that you're talking about having one card or the other, right? i have both and can switch between them for offers like this. my initial sign-up bonus was spent years ago! in any case, i tend to use my amex plat as primary card since it earns 1.25 MR per CAD and they have bonuses on BAEC transfers as well.

but honestly, this is all moot since BAEC is going down the drain. I think next years changes to "dynamic award pricing" will be the final nail in the coffin.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by BenSenise
i realize now that you're talking about having one card or the other, right? i have both and can switch between them for offers like this. my initial sign-up bonus was spent years ago! in any case, i tend to use my amex plat as primary card since it earns 1.25 MR per CAD and they have bonuses on BAEC transfers as well.

but honestly, this is all moot since BAEC is going down the drain. I think next years changes to "dynamic award pricing" will be the final nail in the coffin.
I don't think their planned changes next year will affect me much - just as long as I can still redeem Avios for AS flights, and they have the same/similar cancel fees, I'm a happy camper...
Old Nov 9, 2017, 11:27 pm

Has anyone applied for the CIBC Aventura Business?

https://www.cibc.com/en/small-busine...tura-visa.html

FYF
30K Bonus (20K Bonus + after $1k spend another 10K)
$120 Travel credit that renews yearly Jan 1.

So you are looking at possible +$540
Old Nov 10, 2017, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by Chris101

FYF

Just got my approval ^
Old Nov 10, 2017, 12:46 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond

FYF

Anyone else getting this message when you submit the application?

"The system may be down for maintenance. Please try again later."
Old Nov 10, 2017, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by loun80

I get this every time I tried
"We're sorry! We have encountered an error that prevents us from completing your application right now. Please try again later."

I don't have a BIN # though, so tried random 0000 or etc..

AMEX Business cards don't ask for those stuff @@
Old Nov 10, 2017, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
I wish I got that error message.

I got this...
"Unfortunately, you are not eligible for CIBC Aventura® Visa* Card for Business at this time. Please choose another product."

(And then it shows me a bunch of savings accounts I might like.)
Old Nov 10, 2017, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by jerry305

I got this...
"Unfortunately, you are not eligible for CIBC Aventura® Visa* Card for Business at this time. Please choose another product."

LMAO
Old Nov 10, 2017, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by jerryhung
I get this every time I tried
"We're sorry! We have encountered an error that prevents us from completing your application right now. Please try again later."

I don't have a BIN # though, so tried random 0000 or etc..

AMEX Business cards don't ask for those stuff @@
Originally Posted by loun80

Originally Posted by jerry305

I got this...

FYI - It was a pain in the ..., got through the application and it said I needed to make an appointment in branch... IN-BRANCH?!? DREADFUL.

I went in, they were a) 20 minutes late for my appointment and b) had no idea why I was there despite putting in an appointment request with details. c) completely skipped I wanted a business aventura and proceeded to ask "how they can change me over from my current banking provider" and d) were not aware of the promo and tried to push me into the regular aventura for "better category bonuses."

I was then told I had to talk to the small business advisor... he wanted 2 years financial statements (Isent them in excel lol) and I signed for credit check. I also had to send them the promo details... welp. Waited 5 days and followed up, they said I'm approved, just have to go sign something in branch.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by 604flyer
FYI - It was a pain in the ..., got through the application and it said I needed to make an appointment in branch... IN-BRANCH?!? DREADFUL.

I went in, they were a) 20 minutes late for my appointment and b) had no idea why I was there despite putting in an appointment request with details. c) completely skipped I wanted a business aventura and proceeded to ask "how they can change me over from my current banking provider" and d) were not aware of the promo and tried to push me into the regular aventura for "better category bonuses."

I was then told I had to talk to the small business advisor... he wanted 2 years financial statements (Isent them in excel lol) and I signed for credit check. I also had to send them the promo details... welp. Waited 5 days and followed up, they said I'm approved, just have to go sign something in branch.
OMG....I would've blown my brains out!
Old Nov 14, 2017, 6:55 pm

crazy, that's how Canadian approve Business credit card TD also will go through same process, RBC you can't even apply online, AMEX is the easiest.

Originally Posted by 604flyer

Old Nov 14, 2017, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by ecgz88
crazy, that's how Canadian approve Business credit card TD also will go through same process, RBC you can't even apply online, AMEX is the easiest.
I mean, Amex doesn't ask for anything at all... they ask for a "business name", you put in w/e and that's it lol
Old Nov 15, 2017, 1:32 pm

Has anyone been able to get the CIBC Aventura Business card without inputting the "Canada Customs and Business Registration Number"
Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Has anyone been able to get the CIBC Aventura Business card without inputting the "Canada Customs and Business Registration Number"
Although my application for the card was not successful, I do not recall being asked for that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.