MilesBuzz: Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry305
CANADIAN REFERENCE ON FLYERTALK
Canadian Credit Card Master List - Curated for Best Offer A complete listing of all the major credit cards in Canada along with their sign-up bonus, annual fee, CPM, and other pertinent information.

AMEX recent discussion American Express Canada application and reward strategies (2018)Which credit card should I get?Cards with good bonusesList of Credit Cards with Great Welcome bonuses (RFD version)
BLOGS
Canadian KilometersPointsNerdRewards CanadaDon't Call the Airline!PointshoggerCanadian Travel Hacking
CONFERENCE
PointsU conference (2018 & 2019 website)
Print Wikipost

MilesBuzz: Canada

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2017, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by jerry305
The wording is...
Subject to any applicable regulations, any stipulation of or
amendment to the contract providing for an expiry date on the rewards points
obtained by the consumer is prohibited.

I interpret that to mean that miles cannot expire, ever, due to inactivity or anything else, unless the regulations they make up allow for it.
The key words are "expiry date".If it had said something like "no expiration" than that would also include expiration from inactivity.

All the bank's have their own loyalty program....I can't see that the bill's would mean that,even if you closed a bank's credit card....eg.Royal Bank Avion,that the points can never expire.

I think the bill's do not include points expiring with inactivity only that points cannot expire after a fixed time(even if the points membership remained open).
Old May 2, 2017, 5:02 am

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
GCR has the Alaska card back up.
Old May 2, 2017, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by Preacher7
URL:
https://www.greatcanadianrebates.ca/...aska-Airlines/

I tried a GCR application ($75 annual fee, $60 rebate) to see what would happen.
Went through the whole process.

"The credit card application you are requesting is currently unavailable. Please try again later. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you."
Old May 2, 2017, 12:47 pm

DP: Applied for another BW card and was declined as the agent told me the system automatically picked up I have a second card. I have had multiple BW cards in the past so this used to work. Anyone else seeing this problem?
Old May 3, 2017, 11:00 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond
RBC Avion to BA Avios conversion bonus is on May 2 - June 8 but it's back to 30%.

"Special British Airways Executive Club offer for RBC Avion cardholders ! Convert your RBC Rewards points into Avios and receive 30% more. Offer valid from May 2, 2017 to June 8, 2017. Convert your points today!"
Old May 3, 2017, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

Amazingly enough, this Air Miles offer seems pretty good.
And even if you won't admit that you still have an Air Miles card, you know you know someone who does.

During May 2017, use the special coupons and shop at 5 different Air Miles Partners to get an additional 1,250 Air Miles bonus miles. The offers vary by province. The offers I'll probably use are:
Staples, $45 spend
Rexall, $25 spend
RONA, $60 spend
Shell, 25L purchase
Texture magazine app: Free 1-month subscription... maybe buy a second month at $10/$15.

Even if you use Air Miles for Cash Miles , I calculate that value to be $131.
You also get the bonus miles for each particular offer, too.

Offer page: https://airmilesmegamiles.ca/en
T&C: https://airmilesmegamiles.ca/en/terms

Last edited by jerry305; May 14, 2017 at 5:09 pm
Old May 3, 2017, 9:51 pm

And even if you won't admit that you still have an Air Miles card, you know you know someone who does.

During May 2017, shop at 5 different Air Miles Partners to get an additional 1,250 Air Miles bonus miles. The offers vary by province. The offers I'll probably use are:
Staples, $45 spend
Rexall, $25 spend
RONA, $60 spend
Shell, 25L purchase
Safeway / Sobeys, $100 spend

Offer page: https://airmilesmegamiles.ca/en
T&C: https://airmilesmegamiles.ca/en/terms
Thanks for the info! I confess that I just received my Amex Plat Air Miles card (thru GCR for the $50 rebate) .I find the points useful for hotel stays.
Old May 4, 2017, 10:49 am

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
I don't know why anyone wouldn't admit it... if you shop at these places anyway, why on earth wouldn't you collect the miles? If you're like me and don't have IKK privileges, then AM's North American seat availability absolutely crushes Aeroplan.

This is a pretty good promo... I'll definitely be hitting up the 5 partners.
Old May 4, 2017, 11:09 am
Original Poster

During May 2017, shop at 5 different Air Miles Partners to get an additional 1,250 Air Miles bonus miles. The offers vary by province.

For you skillful collectors out there, may I suggest going into each store / gas station with 2 different Air Miles numbers, and try to use them both. Seems doable for most folks' day-to-day shopping habits.
Old May 4, 2017, 4:24 pm

I check Staples coupon Term, Gift card excluded otherwise I might give a try

Originally Posted by jubberly
Thanks for the info! I confess that I just received my Amex Plat Air Miles card (thru GCR for the $50 rebate) .I find the points useful for hotel stays.
Old May 4, 2017, 9:43 pm

So i messed up my churn date and got dinged with the annual fee on the Chace marriott canada card... would they reverse or pro rate if I cancel or threaten to cancel or am I hooched?
Old May 4, 2017, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by hearna
So i messed up my churn date and got dinged with the annual fee on the Chace marriott canada card... would they reverse or pro rate if I cancel or threaten to cancel or am I hooched?
most cards give you up to 30 days into the new year to have it refunded. doesn't hurt to call. I've had my AMEX annual charge reversed by just calling in.
Old May 4, 2017, 10:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hearna
We had a good chat about this back on page 244...
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...l#post27498685

It's tricky, because the instruction for the free night has (I think) already been sent to Marriott.
Old May 6, 2017, 2:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy SE
They increased the sign up bonus for the TD Aeroplan... Interesting.
Old May 6, 2017, 4:22 pm

Programs: ,BW Rewards, Skymiles, Aeroplan, SPG, IHG, Marriott, Club Carlson, Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by Preacher7
There are some changes it seems.

From GCR:

Cash Back Rebate will be paid by GCR upon credit card account approval by MBNA. Maximum one per individual.
• MBNA is not responsible or liable for any aspect of the cash back rebate offer.

From MBNA:
Get 25,000 bonus miles†† and Alaska's Famous Companion Fare™ from $121 (USD) ($99 plus taxes and fees from $22)◊◊ after you make $1,000 or more in purchases within the first 90 days of your account opening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.