Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Earn up to 30,000 Starpoints [App must be APPROVED by 9.4.2012]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2012, 8:29 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by daveland
I'm guessing maybe an offer that only lasted a matter of days under a special promo... but I can't recall the circumstances nor can I pull up any details at all on Google. Do you remember the circumstances of the offer?
The 40 K was actually for the 30 K SPG Biz offer. The additional 10 K was a system glitch and was a hit and miss. One of our household accounts got it, other didn't .
Old Aug 21, 2012, 9:58 am

Shooting for 4 cards total - me (personal + biz) and spouse (personal + biz).

I applied for 30K personal, got it, referred to wife, she got 30K personal.

She applied for 30K biz, got it, referred to me - but the referral offer that came from her was not the 30K after 5k spend, but a lousy 25k offer that required 15k spend.

Is anyone getting a biz 30k after 5k spend referral offer? Is there anything my wife can do to make any of her referrals the current 30k offer?
Old Aug 21, 2012, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I did a biz referral. All looks good:

Apply today and for a limited time, you can earn up to 30,000 bonus Starpoints — enough for 7 Free Nights1 — at the The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta or any other Category 2 hotel.

Earn 10,000 bonus Starpoints after your first purchase on the Card.2

Earn 20,000 bonus Starpoints when you spend $5,000 in the first six months of Cardmembership.3
Old Aug 21, 2012, 10:29 am

Zontar,

Yes, I did some Biz CC referrals too, all for the 30K promo.

Sign into your AMEX Biz card online management site, then use another tab for the following address to get to the landing page for referrals,

https://www304.americanexpress.com/....alLandingB.jsp

Good luck.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 10:54 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by 77five
Anyway to know if some you sent an email has actually used that link to apply for the card?
You understand and agree that the referred individual(s) must apply through an e-mailed link (provided by American Express) by 12/31/2012 and be approved for you to receive the bonus. Your friend(s) may not receive this e-mail if they have previously "opted out" of receiving e-mail marketing communications from American Express. Due to the confidential nature of the credit approval process, you will not be notified of whether we approve or decline any application(s) from individual(s) you refer.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:27 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG Gold, Marriot Gold, Amex Plat
For the $30,000 a year for gold status. Is a year considered a year after you get the card i.e when you pay the annual fee or the end of the calendar year i.e december 2012?
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by kal22
For the $30,000 a year for gold status. Is a year considered a year after you get the card i.e when you pay the annual fee or the end of the calendar year i.e december 2012?
Calendar year
Old Aug 21, 2012, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by ZontarTheThingFromVenus
Shooting for 4 cards total - me (personal + biz) and spouse (personal + biz).

I applied for 30K personal, got it, referred to wife, she got 30K personal.

She applied for 30K biz, got it, referred to me - but the referral offer that came from her was not the 30K after 5k spend, but a lousy 25k offer that required 15k spend.

Is anyone getting a biz 30k after 5k spend referral offer? Is there anything my wife can do to make any of her referrals the current 30k offer?
I had the same experience with the Biz referral - used a different browser with cookies cleared and it sent the 30k link correctly the 2nd time.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 3:58 pm

I just filled out a referral application for the SPG business account, filled in all my info, nervously clicked "Submit" and this is the response:

We are sorry.

Currently, our systems are not responding. Please try again later or call us at 1-800-519-OPEN (6736) to apply for a Card. We apologize for any inconvenience.

To learn more about other flexible solutions you can use to manage and grow your business, please return to American Express OPENSM.

ARGH!
Old Aug 21, 2012, 4:06 pm

Btw I checked application status here:

https://www262.americanexpress.com/e...l=appstatusrec

And it only shows approved for Personal Card.

Does this mean business card application did not go through yet? Should I try again or wait?
Old Aug 21, 2012, 11:06 pm

I have seen many bloggers reference 2 points per dollar spent (non-SPG purchases).
However, the way I read the T&C's is that one only earns one point per $ spent.
Someone correct me if I am wrong...
Old Aug 22, 2012, 2:08 am

Just got my card(s) in the mail... and someone else's! No joke, there were two sets of cards attached to two different welcome letters, and luckily mine (with my address) was the one on top. Will call Amex first thing in the AM to notify them, then destroy the other cards. Luckily for the other person, I'm not an identity thief.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by yOyOYoo
I just filled out a referral application for the SPG business account, filled in all my info, nervously clicked "Submit" and this is the response:

We are sorry.

Currently, our systems are not responding. Please try again later or call us at 1-800-519-OPEN (6736) to apply for a Card. We apologize for any inconvenience.

To learn more about other flexible solutions you can use to manage and grow your business, please return to American Express OPENSM.

ARGH!

Yeah, I went to a personal ap twice in the last hour, and when I went to the shortcut field, I got a system upgrade message and wouldn't allow me to continue. They must be having some serious issues.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pickles1107
I have seen many bloggers reference 2 points per dollar spent (non-SPG purchases).
However, the way I read the T&C's is that one only earns one point per $ spent.
Someone correct me if I am wrong...
You are correct - one point per dollar spent at any merchant except SPG hotels. Further, at non-US SPG hotels, that two points doesn't really counteract the currency conversion charge of 2.7%.

Can you link to a post that you describe above?
Old Aug 22, 2012, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by josephstern
Can you link to a post that you describe above?
http://thepointsguy.com/top-deals/

Last edited by mia; Aug 22, 2012 at 11:40 am Reason: Prune quotation

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.