Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Earn up to 30,000 Starpoints [App must be APPROVED by 9.4.2012]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Earn up to 30,000 Starpoints [App must be APPROVED by 9.4.2012]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2012, 4:45 pm

Hard to understand... When you get a referral link sent to you, the referrer gets a bonus and you get 30k? Who can send the link? Only Amex users or anyone with SPG account?
Old Aug 10, 2012, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by trupper999
Hard to understand... When you get a referral link sent to you, the referrer gets a bonus and you get 30k? Who can send the link? Only Amex users or anyone with SPG account?
I see the opportunity for referrals both on my Amex account page and my SPG page. Don't know if the SPG page "knows" that I've got a linked Amex.
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
That is right u get 30 K bonus points. Only current AMEX SPG cardholders are able to refer. I will be glad to refer u and have sent u PM.

Programs: many
Amex SPG card holders.

Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold
Pretty simple. They get a referral bonus of 5k for signing you up. You get a sign up bonus, nothing changes. Only those with the card may refer you to the card.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by kdoughboy
Has anyone had any luck getting them to expedite delivery?
Card arrived yesterday, spend done today. We like nice and easy.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 5:18 pm
tpr

Programs: AA, SPG
Applied a couple days ago, got "pending" message. Checked the status today and I'm approved.

Thanks for posting this offer, OP.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 5:53 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Ahem. Let me remind everyone that it is against FT policy to solicit referrals in posts. It is only allowed to have generic referral information in your signature.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 6:03 pm

Instant approval on the personal card. Last had the personal and biz spg cards 2-3 years ago.

Hesitating on the biz card, since it requires Federal Tax ID, which is a different format from the SSN. Can one put the SSN in those fields (xx-xxxxxxx instead of xxx-xx-xxxx) when applying as a sole proprietorship under one's own name?

It's two separate hard pulls for personal and biz cards anyway.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by Panzerspitze
Hesitating on the biz card, since it requires Federal Tax ID, which is a different format from the SSN. Can one put the SSN in those fields (xx-xxxxxxx instead of xxx-xx-xxxx) when applying as a sole proprietorship under one's own name?
Yes, putting in your social in the XX-XXXXXXX field is what you are supposed to do in any of those cases that ask for a EIN or SSN.

Now, how you back up that information you have provided if asked is a whole other story.

Careful with Aloha's Cardinals....
Old Aug 11, 2012, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by vdostoi1
Both my wife and I jumped on the 25K offer and were both approved last week. Since the 30K offer popped up, we both sent Secure Messages to Amex asking to be bumped to the 30K offer and were denied. We then called Customer Service and were offered to receive an additional 2,500 SPG points instead of the additional 5,000 points and we both took the offer. So don't waste your time e-mailing. Call right away if you are facing a similar situation to us!
I was in the same boat. When I called, they bumped mine up by 3,000 - and it appeared the CSR was willing to give me the full 5,000 if only I had the offer code for the new 30k deal. Unfortunately, I didn't, and couldn't locate it in a hurry. So if you've recently applied and received the Amex SPG for the 25k offer, try to find out what the offer code is for the 30k deal. When you have that information, call them up and see if they will credit you the extra 5k points.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 10:24 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

A dozen posts have been removed because they solicit or request referrals. Please remember this Flyertalk rule:

FlyerTalk is not a marketplace and nothing is to be offered for sale or conditioned on an exchange of money or barter.
If your account qualifies for a Signature you may offer referrals in that area, but not in the body of the post. To learn more about the Signature feature read here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#q79

You may also post a referral offer in one thread in the American Express Membership Rewards forum. Please read message #317 before posting:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ral-links.html

Last edited by mia; Aug 11, 2012 at 10:45 am
Old Aug 11, 2012, 11:16 am

Last time I did a referral it posted with 72 hours of acceptance.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
How are people referring for the business card?

The new AMEX online interface doesn't show any links to referral, except on my personal card, and, when I click on it I only get to choose between Starwood and Hilton personal cards despite having the SPG Business card as well.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by thehawk75
How are people referring for the business card?

The new AMEX online interface doesn't show any links to referral, except on my personal card, and, when I click on it I only get to choose between Starwood and Hilton personal cards despite having the SPG Business card as well.
Try this link: https://www262.americanexpress.com/b...mgm/20064-OPEN

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.