Radisson Big Night Giveaway is BACK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Big Night Giveaway is BACK

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2012, 4:38 pm

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
My wife and I both signed up using CC #'s. She got her e-mail right away. I had to find mine in my spam folder? Funny thing is we both have the same carrier. So check your spam file, mine was timed stamped with in minutes of my wifes.
Old May 23, 2012, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by TTnC4me
Yes, but at what cost? 300k = $600
6 50k nights x $200/rm(retail) = $1200.
So, a 50% savings when redeemed for the highest tier rooms.
I'm just getting frustrated finding the cheapest Radisson rooms for $100+ after taxes/fees for a bit less than stellar 9k point room. Good deal? yes. Great deal? remains to be seen.
Once you get up to more than $100 per night, just doing it as a mattress run starts to make a little less sense if you don't have a definite need for the points. But if you have to stay in hotels for reimbursed business, staying at a Radisson instead of a Marriott certainly is a good option.

I'm fortunate that I am going to have some relatively cheap Radissons nearby. In total, there are 4 of us doing this promo -- two friends are going to transfer their points to us and we'll pay for them to have a couple of nights out. Just doing Radissons and CIS in the next two weeks (one on cash and points), our total outlay will be $554 and our expected net in terms of points will be 393k.

As for value, getting a $200 room for 50k is hardly something to sneeze at. But this is not the top end by any stretch. Radisson is pretty good about making rooms available for points so long as there are rooms for cash. So, for example, need a room in London for the Olympics? Right now, there are some rooms available at Radisson Blus right in the city for 465 GBP plus 92 GBP in taxes. That's over $870 per night. Or, you can get the same room for 50k and no taxes. So, that's $6900 in value for an outlay of $554.

Obviously, the Olympics are an unusual situation, and expecting to get 1.75 cents per point in value from gold points is not realistic. But my point is that one size does not fit all. Maybe someone some day might want to see Barcelona play Madrid at the Bernabeu. Instead paying 300 euro or having to stay outside of town, you could stay at the Radisson Blu Prado, which is just a few metro stops away. The Park Inn Munich actually appears to be bookable for 38,000 for Oktoberfest. Just saying -- for aspirational european awards, this is a tough promo to pass up.

Edit: Oops -- forgot about topcashback. If it actually works, that's a $25 to $50 rebate.

Last edited by lkar; May 23, 2012 at 5:24 pm
Old May 23, 2012, 5:19 pm

Just got a United MP shopping bonus offer, 500 miles for $50 in spend on anything. I know TopCashBack has 10% right now, but if you're looking for miles, you could net these 550+ miles for a spend you're already doing. This is especially lucrative if you're booking something closer to the $50 minimum. I sadly booked a non-refundable $56 Country Inn & Suites rate already through TCB.

Check your email.
Old May 23, 2012, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by spankytoes
If in fact we can triple dip, I’m set. I have a Radisson, Park Inn and Country Inn no more than 10 miles from my work in Dallas. Going to enlist my grandparents, who I status matched to Silver from Hyatt, to do the same over Memorial Day weekend.

18,000 points for booking online
18,000 points for normal earnings (Average of $80.00 per room per night x 25 points per dollar)
414,000 bonus points
4,500 bonus points for signing my grandfather up through e-rewards

Total Cost: $720.00
Total points earned: 454,500

Converting 200,000 points for 36,000 AA miles and using 250,000 points for 5 nights at The May Fair London. I'll use 44,000 existing AA miles to polish off 2 Award tickets to London this fall with the Mrs.

That will do.
You are only bringing your mrs to london trip. not your grandfather? hehe
Old May 23, 2012, 9:34 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Great news - logged in this morning to see..."Radisson Big Night Giveaway 50,000 Point Bonus "...posted to my account following my stay this last weekened ^ I anticipated having to wait until after the promo finished.

This was on a Gold 2-1 weekend nights rate.
Old May 24, 2012, 6:37 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Regarding the Park Inn promo

To those who registered and have not received confirmation emails. Please contact CC via email (that way you have hard copy evidence) to see if you have actually registered for the promotion. Like most have commented, I received my CI and Radisson confirmation email, but nothing yet for the Park Inn. I sent an email yesterday to Customer service and received response back today indicating that I've registered for it.
Old May 24, 2012, 8:46 pm

Programs: AS Gold
BRG at PDX Radisson

We got two reservations: one for me, one for the mrs at Portland. Booked @ radisson.com for $105 and offered on travelocity for $78. Good deal with approved BRG. One is for $55, the other $59.
Old May 24, 2012, 9:06 pm

Programs: SPG*P, AA*1MM, UA*1P, Hilton*D, Hyatt*D, Sixt*P, Hertz*P, Avis*F, Delta*G
does BRG rate still eligible for the bonus points?
I am guessing yes, but i want the real answer....

Originally Posted by DeJar
We got two reservations: one for me, one for the mrs at Portland. Booked @ radisson.com for $105 and offered on travelocity for $78. Good deal with approved BRG. One is for $55, the other $59.
Old May 24, 2012, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by NoY
Great news - logged in this morning to see..."Radisson Big Night Giveaway 50,000 Point Bonus "...posted to my account following my stay this last weekened ^ I anticipated having to wait until after the promo finished.

This was on a Gold 2-1 weekend nights rate.
So your 50,000 points posted to your Club Carlson account within 5 days after your stay?
Old May 24, 2012, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by DeJar
Was the Travelocity price non-refundable? I'm looking at that hotel right now but for my dates I see $116.10+tax (130.61) AAA rate on Radisson.com and $103.99+tax (116.22) on Travelocity... but the Travelocity rate says it's non-refundable so I assume I can't BRG to it. The refundable rate on Travelocity is the same as the "Best Available" rate on Radisson.com (though higher than the AAA rate.)
Old May 25, 2012, 12:42 am

Programs: US Airways/SPG/Club Carlson (Gold)/United/Marriott Rewards Premier (Silver)/Priority Club Platinum
I registered me, and my parents for Park Inn promo so 3 promos X 3 people sounds like a nice point total for future stays.

What's BRG again? The rates seem really high at Radisson when I checked. Did not even think there rates could be as high as I seen.
Old May 25, 2012, 2:26 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
BRG -

Best Rate Guaranteed. When you find a better rate on other party cite for the same product. The chain will equal or better the price.
Old May 25, 2012, 6:34 am

Does the name on the CC have to match the name of the person the reservation is under/the account to get the points?
Old May 25, 2012, 11:59 am

Question about cash and points.

If I use my points to reserve a cash and points room for my friend, will I earn points in my account. If not could my friend earn points in their account.
Old May 25, 2012, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by hindukid
Question about cash and points.

If I use my points to reserve a cash and points room for my friend, will I earn points in my account. If not could my friend earn points in their account.
Believe YOU will earn on the C+P if you booked it. Safest way is transfer points (for free) to his account and have him make the booking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.