Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Improved UA Explorer card offer

Improved UA Explorer card offer

Old Mar 3, 2012, 3:10 pm

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by NVGuy36
Do the UA perks not stack on top of Elite perks like the AmEx Delta cards? I'm a lowly FO with Delta yet my AmEx Plat card adds another free bag to my Elite allowance. So, I get 2 bags free along with up to 9 peeps traveling with me, even on different PNR's.
I am a lowly DL silver and get 3 bags at 70 lbs TATL Before getting my Amex DL gold. Does that mean I can get a 4 th bag free
Sorry off topic
Old Mar 3, 2012, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by aubreyfromwheaton
How long for the 1st purchase 50k to post?

I'm getting worried because I had the old UA card ~ year ago
Mine took about a week from the time that the first statement closed. I called after about 4-5 days and the rep verified the MP number was right and then told me to wait a few more days. Sure enough it was there in another day or two.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 3:42 pm

Applied about 2 weeks ago. Initially denied due to too many recent inquiries. Called reconsideration and was approved after cancelling another card.

I entered my Mileage Plus number when applying. I hope that there is not an issue with the miles ending up in my newly combined United/Continental account which is now based off the OnePass membership number. Hmmm.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by Brewmaster
I entered my Mileage Plus number when applying. I hope that there is not an issue with the miles ending up in my newly combined United/Continental account which is now based off the OnePass membership number. Hmmm.
While I can't make any guarantees, when I called the other day the rep mentioned that they already had the new numbers in place.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 9:25 pm

Programs: DL FO, HHonors Gold, MR Gold, ICH Plat, National EC
Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
I am a lowly DL silver and get 3 bags at 70 lbs TATL Before getting my Amex DL gold. Does that mean I can get a 4 th bag free
Sorry off topic
I'm not sure about international, but DL recently changed the free baggage allowance for FO's. You may want to check their website to confirm you still have those 3 free bags TATL. I know they reduced it to 1 bag on domestic flights.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 9:26 pm

Programs: DL FO, HHonors Gold, MR Gold, ICH Plat, National EC
Originally Posted by Brewmaster
Applied about 2 weeks ago. Initially denied due to too many recent inquiries. Called reconsideration and was approved after cancelling another card.

I would believe as long as you had them linked together prior to March 1st there shouldn't be any real issues. Not to say it can't happen, but I would think likely not a problem as long as they were linked.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by NVGuy36
I'm not sure about international, but DL recently changed the free baggage allowance for FO's. You may want to check their website to confirm you still have those 3 free bags TATL. I know they reduced it to 1 bag on domestic flights.
See http://pss.united.com/web/en-US/cont...r/default.aspx
Old Mar 4, 2012, 7:36 am

60k down for "maintenance"

hmmm...the 60k page has been down for maintenance for about 24 hours now. I was going to apply, and the offer shows up once logged on, but when you click on it, nothing.

Sure hope this isn't the end of the 60k and only due to the conversions. The standard non-logged in 40k offers don't seem to be affected, but maybe that's because the 60k on tries to pre-fill some basic personal information from the United profile as part of the application.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 10:56 am

Programs: AS MVP, A3 Gold, IHG Spire
Confirmed. You can get this bonus while also having a Chase UA MP Select Visa. The first time bonus took 2 cycles to post to my Chase account, then another week to hit United.

50K posted this am.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by teammjs
...the 60k page has been down for maintenance for about 24 hours now. I was going to apply, and the offer shows up once logged on, but when you click on it, nothing...Sure hope this isn't the end of the 60k and only due to the conversions...
The 60k offer was (at least in some places) offered as "by January 31", then later as "by February 29". Chances are it is still being offered - and is just temporarily unavailable for the reason you suggested.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 11:36 am

When I logged onto my Mom's Account (new Mileage number given as she never had Continental account before), the 60k link is still there.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by metoo
When I logged onto my Mom's Account (new Mileage number given as she never had Continental account before), the 60k link is still there.
did you try clicking on it? it doesn't work once you click on it. the question is well it be fixed, or is this the end of the promo, and they just haven't taken the offer off the United site yet.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 12:55 pm

did you try clicking on it? it doesn't work once you click on it. the question is well it be fixed, or is this the end of the promo, and they just haven't taken the offer off the United site yet.
Don't worry too much, probably the site is down for maintenance only... I still see the offers in both my new MileagePlus and old OnePass accounts, but as you said, when you click on it, it shows "site is currently unavailable.This site is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance and will return shortly"

Remember today is Sunday, many sites go under maintenance after midnight Saturday.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 3:06 pm

No I didn't. Just saw it.

Old Mar 4, 2012, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Data point

I applied for the UA Explorer card (50K miles) on 3/1/12 and found out over the phone that I had been rejected for "too many new Chase cards".

Facts: I applied, and was approved for, 4 Chase cards in 2011 (Jan., June, Oct. and Dec. 30th). The card I applied for on 12/30 was difficult to get. It is the Ink Bold. After grilling me for 10 minutes about my business income, and future expected income, I was finally approved.

So when I applied for the Explorer card on 3/1 I wasn't surprised that I was turned down. I politely suggested that she close the Sapphire card I opened last June and, after putting me on hold for 2 or 3 minutes, she came back & said I was approved. Don't give up if you are declined. The big question in my mind is would I have been instantly approved if I had closed the Sapphire card a few weeks before applying. Good to have a "bargaining chip" I guess.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.