Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Miles for $0.00072 per mile (AA Shopping) - NOT HONORED

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2011, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, Hertz 5*, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by show_me_the_points
Anyone know the link to contact Cartera to get the 2500 miles? I don't want to return my item.
No, no one knows the link. No one knows that you can log in to the AAdvantage portal and click on "contact us." No one knows that it's contained in the sticky at the top of this forum. No one has ever asked that question before in this thread containing over 3000 message, so no one knows the answer.

I guess you're just SOL.

Last edited by 2millionquest; Aug 30, 2011 at 7:44 pm Reason: Corrected typo.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by HCSmooth66
THere are 2 miles/dollar at iTunes. You can usually get a song for $0.99
where exactly is the link to get a tune on the mall?
cant find that
Old Aug 30, 2011, 10:58 pm

Thank you for your email of August 28th, 2011. We again apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you and are sorry to hear that you are not happy with our bonus offer.

While the offer featured on the AAdvantage eShoppingTM mall website gave a visual indication that online purchases of certain Verizon Wireless accessories would award 83,871 AAdvantage miles, this clearly was a mistake given the price of the item and the terms of the mileage offer for the purchase of new wireless service plans. Verizon’s Terms and Conditions for the offer clearly state that miles only can be earned on new wireless service plans, and not for accessory purchases. In addition, the Terms and Conditions for the AAdvantage eShopping program, which apply to all purchases, also state that the conditions and restrictions imposed by the merchant define the requirements for a qualifying purchase and control your eligibility for AAdvantage miles.

While each of these Terms & Conditions relieve Cartera from an obligation to award AAdvantage miles for any accessory purchases which were incorrectly advertised as including a mileage offer, we nevertheless realize this error may have encouraged you to buy an accessory you didn’t need or intend to keep. As mentioned in our previous communications, we have offered you and the other affected customers the following AAdvantage bonus miles, even if you decided to return those purchases:

· We will automatically post 2,500 AAdvantage bonus miles to your AAdvantage account within the next 10 business days.
· You will earn an additional 2,500 AAdvantage bonus miles if you make a new purchase through the AAdvantage eShopping mall in the next 30 days* (in addition to any other mileage offer associated with that qualifying purchase). AAdvantage bonus miles will be posted to your AAdvantage account within 45 days after the date the merchant notifies Cartera of a qualifying purchase.

Our offer of the above bonus miles reflects our continuing commitment to providing a positive shopping experience for all AAdvantage eShopping mall shoppers. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and look forward to your continued use of the AAdvantage eShopping mall to maximize your mileage earning.

Sincerely,
Petra

AAdvantage eShopping (SM) Customer Care

*In order to qualify for the 2,500 bonus mile purchase offer, you must shop with a participating online retailer through the AAdvantage eShopping mall website by September 24, 2011.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 4:23 am

The first 2500 miles are showing up in my AA account as of this morning. They are dated 8/10/2011 as "ESHOPPING MILEAGE COMPENSATION".

Halfway home. Just want to put this fiasco behind me and move onto the next opportunity.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
where exactly is the link to get a tune on the mall?
cant find that
search for "apple itunes store."
Old Aug 31, 2011, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by 2millionquest
No, no one knows the link. No one knows that you can log in to the AAdvantage portal and click on "contact us." No one knows that it's contained in the sticky at the top of this forum. No one has ever asked that question before in this thread containing over 3000 message, so no one knows the answer.

I guess you're just SOL.
hey I thought it was me who [you thought] had the 'tude around here!
Old Aug 31, 2011, 9:52 am

Programs: AA Advantage Platinum, United 1K, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
08/10/11 ESHOPPING MILEAGE COMPENSATION 2,500

Posted today in both the wifes and my AA accounts today.

Cheers
Old Aug 31, 2011, 10:12 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Classactionman
Thank you for your email of August 28th, 2011. We again apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you and are sorry to hear that you are not happy with our bonus offer.

Sincerely,
Petra
Would you mind telling me what person to email?
Old Aug 31, 2011, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by ken7
Originally Posted by Ritz
Sure, its in the thread you've just posted in. About 10 times or so.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by ken7
Seriously? Did you even look up page for the responses to the LAST person who asked such a question without putting any effort into this?

Did you happen to look at the sticky on the forum, or even *gasp* do a search of your own? Hmmm, what is that name again .... oh yeah "CARTERA", and they even have an FT handle
Old Aug 31, 2011, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by sonofzeus
search for "apple itunes store."
do we have to accept this or do they do it automatically? the email I got doesn't say anything about taking any action. I went and made one purchase through the site.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 11:17 am

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by IIWII24-7
The first 2500 miles are showing up in my AA account as of this morning. They are dated 8/10/2011 as "ESHOPPING MILEAGE COMPENSATION".
Exact same here.
I suppose another month for the second 2.5K.
Not complainin'....
Old Aug 31, 2011, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IIWII24-7

Halfway home. Just want to put this fiasco behind me and move onto the next opportunity.
Did your transaction show up on eShopping or you have to send the request for investigation?
Old Aug 31, 2011, 1:22 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
I think i'm going to do the restaurant.com coupon code "tastY" thing for my 2nd aa shopping portal purchase...from their site it looks like they are encourage the 80% off coupon....a 10$ coupon/gift certificate will cost 1$...plus its 18 miles/$1

https://www.aadvantageeshopping.com/...ndid=727006238
Old Aug 31, 2011, 1:44 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
I got the email for 2500 + 2500 after another purchase but still nothing in my aashopping account. Guess I just have to wait some more. It took me a long time to get the PM from Cartera so I guess everything is just taking a long time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.