Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[OP link EXPIRED]Hilton HHonor AMEX points - 62,500 (50k easy)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[OP link EXPIRED]Hilton HHonor AMEX points - 62,500 (50k easy)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2011, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by joediver
If I remember correctly, I already had a Hilton card that I received a bonus on when I got the Surpass card last year.
I think someone indicated upthread that you won't get a second signup bonus for any Hilton Amex card -- but you still can earn the add-on miles-for-spend bonus.

EDIT: See posts #12 & 13.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 8:45 am

Programs: AA EXP / UA Lifetime Gold / Marriott Lifetime Plat / SPG Plat / Hyatt Diamond / HH Diamond / Avis CC
I checked my records and it was a Hilton Visa that I cancelled when I got the new Surpass Amex and I did get the full bonus on both at the time (2009)
Old Aug 12, 2011, 8:54 am

Programs: DL Plat
I just applied for the SPG Amex...is it worth applying for the easy 50k points as part of this offer? Or is there a high chance of being rejected? Thanks for the thoughts....
Old Aug 12, 2011, 9:34 am

Programs: Doing GS11, probably affiliated with every program out there
Originally Posted by lsk5013
I just applied for the SPG Amex...is it worth applying for the easy 50k points as part of this offer? Or is there a high chance of being rejected? Thanks for the thoughts....
I am the other way around :P I got this hhonors amex card first then just spg amex not long ago when the 30K offer started. instant approval on both. shouldn't be a problem.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 9:39 am

Programs: DL Plat
Originally Posted by Liar
I am the other way around :P I got this hhonors amex card first then just spg amex not long ago when the 30K offer started. instant approval on both. shouldn't be a problem.
I'll go for it. This will be the 5th Amex in 2011. ahhhhh.

Edit: SPG Amex pending approval. Will know in 14 days (the usual.....). Hilton pending approval as well. Will know in 10-12 days. We shall see what happens!
Old Aug 12, 2011, 2:33 pm

HH Amex is next on my list of cards to apply for. I'd like to be Gold (which I can get with Surpass) when we redeem our HH points for a 7-night stay Sep 2012, so we can qualify for upgrade or free breakfast. However after that there wouldn't be much value in the Surpass for me and I would rather not pay the annual fee. Which one would be the better (or more doable) option? :

1. Get the Surpass in October, take advantage of Gold status next fall, call Amex right before annual fee is due and ask to be downgraded to regular Amex
2. Get the regular Amex now, take advantage of the higher bonus (20K+30K=50K with easy spending vs 40K signup for Surpass) , call Amex before next Sep and ask to upgrade to Surpass, possibly collect the additional 40K-20K=20K signup bonus, take advantage of Gold status next fall. I suppose I'd then have to cancel or downgrade in 2013 to avoid the fee.

Obviously #2 makes more sense points-wise but I don't know if it's easier to upgrade or downgrade or if there are rules attached to each.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 3:43 pm

still have not received the 30K after 3.3 months

Cheryl had assured me that I would get the 30000 additional points if I waited for the 8-12 weeks after spending. Some of this I detailed in a previous post. So I called again and this time the CSR said I was to send in proof of the offer. Well, again I told him I printed it out but the offer number was not listed. So he said to give him the site address, which I did. He then attached the web address to the complaint and said this should do it. Waited a wk and still no points. Should I call again? Shoot I thought they would stand by their offer. Ugggg. I might have to quite Blue Sky and Amex-Hilton and head on over to Marriott. And to think I have 5 more hotel stays this year for work related business. Maybe I should get ahold of HHonors? Can they do anything?
Old Aug 12, 2011, 4:07 pm

Just canceled both cards

They would not stand by their offer. WATCH OUT!!!! CSR said that the only offer that was out at the time was 20K after first spend and 2.5 k for each stay up to 10k. NO 30K after 500 spend.

So blue sky and AMEX hilton were canceled. Good thing I pay them off in full.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by PSilks
They would not stand by their offer. WATCH OUT!!!! CSR said that the only offer that was out at the time was 20K after first spend and 2.5 k for each stay up to 10k. NO 30K after 500 spend.
Well, my DW got the points as promised, so the offer is definitely valid/being honored for others. Sorry to hear you are having problems.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 6:28 pm

I might have it figured out.... and

I think the web page that I originally filled out somehow was changed and the 30k offer was deleted. I have a AE gold offer that my wife got for 75000 bonus points in snail mail and when I just went online to fill in the fields I noticed the 75000 was not mentioned. I put in the RSVP code etc. Perhaps the best way is to call in to apply and confirm the offer. I don't trust the web sites. I am pretty ticked so, I think my wife will apply for the 75k point offer and cash it out and then cancel the card. Quick 1K out of AE!
Old Aug 12, 2011, 6:30 pm

one more thing

I have the Citi Hilton which I will now use. Not one problem with the points with Citi. Just watch out and make sure the online form is the correct one.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 2:58 am

This card is not worth it for me.

I don't have the income to meet the spending requirements given I have a spending requirements to meet for the Citi AA Amex still to be met.

The email specifically says up to 2 nights. Which tells me 62,500 points doesn't do very far. There have to be better deals out than this.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 2:45 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Sorry to hear you guys are having so much trouble getting points.

I applied using this link back in June and have received all the points I should have earned, 52,500. 20k first purchase, 30k $500 spend, and 2.5k for additional cardmember.

After I received card, I sent SM with the link to confirm offers, and they were assured for me. The 50k posted very quickly and I believe before my first statement. The extra 2500 I had to ask the Twitter team to manually apply it.

Try reaching out to the Twitter team, either via Twitter or SM (select social media-Twitter). They usually are very very quick and helpful.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 11:03 am

Are these points useless or is it me?

I am trying to redeem my points and can not find any hotel under 25k points/night for crappy Hampton Inn's that I can get for under $50 from hotwire. I thought category 1 hotels only require 7500 points? Please tell me I am doing something wrong
Old Aug 31, 2011, 8:41 am

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt GP, Marriott, Varying Levels w/ UA /AF /DL /SQ /AA
My Experience with The Amex. HHonors Card (NOT Surpass)

Data point:

I got the Surpass card late last year for the bonus. I used it, got the points, and cancelled it in January/February of this year.

I applied for the HHonors Amex. card (the one linked to earlier in this thread), figuring I could try for the 30,000 points based on spend, as I wasn’t a new customer. I spent $500 last week, and 50,000 points appeared on my account last night. I was NOT a new Amex. HHonors customer (because I had the Surpass earlier), but I did get the entire bonus (new card plus spend).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.