Community
Wiki Posts
Search

100,000 Hilton HHonors Surpass Card Points

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2010, 5:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by fandu
I received it too. Was about to post it but the OP beat me to it. I am seriosly considering this offer since my YTD at hilton is 110 nights.
if you send 110 nights at hilton, this is a no-brainer. 9 points/dollar with the surpass.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by JerryFF
The basic concept of offering a lot of points to upgrade to Surpass is not new, is usually not targeted, and has been in place ever since the Surpass card was first introduced a couple of years ago. I got 40,000 last year for a similar offer, but the number of miles/points for new/upgraded cards has escalated enormously throughout the industry and hence this offer is much better than the one I got last year.
i agree....even i got 40k points when i signed up earlier this year....would have loved to have the 100k offer....
Old Sep 8, 2010, 3:07 pm

received an offer 60k offer, I decide to skip it and wait till the next 100K offer
Old Sep 8, 2010, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by iwpingmu
received an offer 60k offer, I decide to skip it and wait till the next 100K offer
This is too frequent I just got over with 75K for Citi AAdvantage for me and my wife. Now this, I have too many cards now so I guess would have to pass on this. They should do this every 3 months so I can happily collect them
Old Sep 8, 2010, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by IncredibleDeals
I received this offer in an email yesterday. In the past, I received similar upgrade offers with 60,000 points offered instead of 100,000.
I have the same question as Boiler. I'm sure I received first purchase bonus points when I got my HH Amex. Years ago. Not getting 40,000 points on first purchase and paying $75 besides reduces this offer.

Can anyone comment on Priority Pass? What are their lounges like? $27 for lounge access doesn't make this enticing at all.

For those who have the Surpass card, are you pleased with it?
I had the Priority Pass a couple of years ago with one of the Citibank AMEX cards. There are various levels of Priority Pass, but with the Hilton version, you pay $27.00 to enter one of hundreds of airport lounges throughout the world. If you look on their website there is a list of airports and which lounges participate. They do not have their own lounges, but work with various airline lounges. For example, you might have access to a Continental lounge in Newark and a Delta lounge in La Guardia or maybe an American lounge and a Delta lounge in different terminals at the same airport.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 2:05 pm

OP: how do you figure 100,000 points?
Old Sep 9, 2010, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA, BA, HH
I do not hold an HHAmex and so have not been targeted for this promotion however, I am in the HH program and have received this offer more then once in the past 6 months.

• 20,000 HHonors Bonus Points after your first purchase(3)

• 30,000 HHonors Bonus Points when you spend $500 in your first three months of Cardmembership(4)

• 2,500 HHonors Bonus Points for each of your first four stays at any property within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio of hotels paid for with the Card during the first 18 months of Cardmembership(5)

• 2,500 HHonors Bonus Points when you add an Additional Cardmember to your account(6)

BECOME A CARDMEMBER AND GET:

• Instant Account — Start receiving Bonus Points with your first purchase(7)

• No expiration date on Points(8)

• No limit on the number of HHonors Bonus Points you can receive

As an ongoing benefit of Cardmembership, we'll automatically upgrade you to HHonors Silver VIP status so you can enjoy a 15% bonus on all HHonors Base points received, as well as the opportunity to get HHonors Gold VIP status.(9)

...and the card does not carry an anual fee.

Any thoughts is this worthwhile or is this an average deal for the HHAmex? I currently do not carry a hotel card and am looking to add one, missed the spg 30K....
Thanks!
Old Sep 9, 2010, 8:32 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by best
OP: how do you figure 100,000 points?
Did you read his post at all? He clearly stated it.

40,000 Bonus Points2 after your first purchase.

An additional 40,000 Bonus Points when you use your Card during the first 3 months of Cardmembership.3

Up to 20,000 additional Bonus Points4— 2,500 Bonus Points for each of your first eight stays at any Hilton property paid for with the Card during the first 18 months of Cardmembership.
2. To get up to 40,000 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points, you must make your first eligible purchase with the Hilton HHonors Surpass Card within one year of Card issuance. Only one first purchase Bonus per Card account. Only first-time Hilton HHonors Surpass Cardmembers will get up to 40,000 HHonors Bonus Points. Cardmembers who have previously received a first purchase Bonus from any Hilton HHonors® Card from American Express get the incremental difference of up to 40,000 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points. Allow 8–12 weeks for HHonors Bonus Points to be credited to your account.

3. To get up to 40,000 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points, you must charge $1,000 or more to your Hilton HHonors Surpass Card within your first 3 months of Cardmembership. Only first-time Hilton HHonors Surpass Cardmembers will get up to 40,000 HHonors Bonus Points. Allow 8-12 weeks for HHonors Bonus Points to be credited to your account.

4. In your first 18 months of Cardmembership, get 2,500 HHonors Bonus Points for each of your first eight stays at a participating property within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio of hotels when you charge $100 or more to your Hilton HHonors Surpass Card for each of those eight stays. Allow 8–12 weeks for HHonors Bonus Points to be credited to your account.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 12:57 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, United 1K,
oneeye4u76,

Would you mind forwarding the offer with the 30K bonus for spending $500 to me?

Originally Posted by oneeye4u76
I do not hold an HHAmex and so have not been targeted for this promotion however, I am in the HH program and have received this offer more then once in the past 6 months.

• 20,000 HHonors Bonus Points after your first purchase(3)

• 30,000 HHonors Bonus Points when you spend $500 in your first three months of Cardmembership(4)

• 2,500 HHonors Bonus Points for each of your first four stays at any property within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio of hotels paid for with the Card during the first 18 months of Cardmembership(5)

• 2,500 HHonors Bonus Points when you add an Additional Cardmember to your account(6)

BECOME A CARDMEMBER AND GET:

• Instant Account — Start receiving Bonus Points with your first purchase(7)

• No expiration date on Points(8)

• No limit on the number of HHonors Bonus Points you can receive

As an ongoing benefit of Cardmembership, we'll automatically upgrade you to HHonors Silver VIP status so you can enjoy a 15% bonus on all HHonors Base points received, as well as the opportunity to get HHonors Gold VIP status.(9)

...and the card does not carry an anual fee.

Any thoughts is this worthwhile or is this an average deal for the HHAmex? I currently do not carry a hotel card and am looking to add one, missed the spg 30K....
Thanks!
Old Sep 10, 2010, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by mlad1101
Did you read his post at all? He clearly stated it.
He stated it, but the link is targeted. When you click on it, the offer is not for 100k. Note that the link has an RSVP and a zip code embedded:

RSVP=828T7700033705&zipCode=20191
Old Sep 10, 2010, 4:20 pm

Programs: DL FO, HHonors Gold, MR Gold, ICH Plat, National EC
I got the 100,000 offer via e-mail also.

Doesn't appeal to me as my upgrade bonuses would be reduced by whatever I got when I opened the freebie HHonors Amex (can't remember the bonuses). In addition, there's that $75 annual fee.

I'm sure this would appeal to others, but certainly doesn't appeal to me.

JM2C

Peace!
Old Sep 10, 2010, 7:17 pm

So confused!!!

1) Anyone confirm if this specific offer is targeted yet?

2) is it for a full 100,000 points after first purchase?
Old Sep 21, 2010, 7:43 pm

Programs: DL FO, HHonors Gold, MR Gold, ICH Plat, National EC
Question Question about 'downgrading'...

Does anyone here know if it's possible to 'downgrade' back to the HHonors plain vanilla once you 'upgrade' to the HHonors Surpass? I don't want to be hit with the annual fee again so I'd look into reverting back to the free card within about 10-11 months of having this card just before the renewal fee hits.

Any thoughts or experiences with doing this out there?

Thanks!
Old Sep 21, 2010, 7:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by NVGuy36
Does anyone here know if it's possible to 'downgrade' back to the HHonors plain vanilla once you 'upgrade' to the HHonors Surpass?
Yes. Just call AMEX.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 6:21 pm

Programs: Chase Million Miler, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by ken7
He stated it, but the link is targeted. When you click on it, the offer is not for 100k. Note that the link has an RSVP and a zip code embedded:

RSVP=828T7700033705&zipCode=20191
Well, if that's the case, the OP is my neighbor! Howdy, neighbor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.