Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

100,000 Hilton HHonors Surpass Card Points

Old Sep 5, 2010, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Hey Everyone,

This look like it may be targeted, but thought I'd throw it up here.

Enjoy!

LINK: https://www201.americanexpress.com/u...l&om_lid=axp13

E-MAIL:

Dear Point Addict,

Upgrade today to the Hilton HHonors® Surpass® Card from American Express and you’ll be on your way to 100,000 Hilton HHonors® Surpass® Bonus Points—enough for 4 free nights at any of over 2,700 properties worldwide.1 You’ll receive:

40,000 Bonus Points2 after your first purchase.
An additional 40,000 Bonus Points when you use your Card during the first 3 months of Cardmembership.3
Up to 20,000 additional Bonus Points4— 2,500 Bonus Points for each of your first eight stays at any Hilton property paid for with the Card during the first 18 months of Cardmembership.
Nine Points for every eligible dollar spent at Hilton Worldwide® portfolio of hotels.5
You’ll also receive complimentary Gold status6 for your first year and a Priority Pass membership (an approximate $99 value), which provides access to 600 airport lounges in over 90 countries around the world.7

The annual fee is $75. The Bonus Points alone are worth many times that. Upgrade now and get up to 4 free nights.

RSVP CODE: 828Txxxxxxxxxx
EXPIRATION DATE: 12/05/2010
OR CALL: 1-888-721-1765
(Monday-Friday, 8am - midnight and Saturday, 10am - 6pm ET)
Old Sep 5, 2010, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Terms and Conditions

Terms & Conditions

1. Hilton HHonors Points required for a free night range between 7,500 HHonors Points or a Category 1 hotel and 50,000 HHonors Points for a Category 7 hotel. 30,000 HHonors Points are enough for a free reward night at a Category 1–4 hotel. For information on reward stays, visit HiltonHHonors.com/hhonorsrewards.

2. To get up to 40,000 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points, you must make your first eligible purchase with the Hilton HHonors Surpass Card within one year of Card issuance. Only one first purchase Bonus per Card account. Only first-time Hilton HHonors Surpass Cardmembers will get up to 40,000 HHonors Bonus Points. Cardmembers who have previously received a first purchase Bonus from any Hilton HHonors® Card from American Express get the incremental difference of up to 40,000 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points. Allow 8–12 weeks for HHonors Bonus Points to be credited to your account.

3. To get up to 40,000 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points, you must charge $1,000 or more to your Hilton HHonors Surpass Card within your first 3 months of Cardmembership. Only first-time Hilton HHonors Surpass Cardmembers will get up to 40,000 HHonors Bonus Points. Allow 8-12 weeks for HHonors Bonus Points to be credited to your account.

4. In your first 18 months of Cardmembership, get 2,500 HHonors Bonus Points for each of your first eight stays at a participating property within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio of hotels when you charge $100 or more to your Hilton HHonors Surpass Card for each of those eight stays. Allow 8–12 weeks for HHonors Bonus Points to be credited to your account.

5. You will receive nine Hilton HHonors Bonus Points for each U.S. dollar of Eligible Spending on the Card at any participating property within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio of hotels (excluding Hilton Grand Vacations timeshare purchases and package sales). You will receive six Hilton HHonors Bonus Points for each U.S. dollar of Eligible Spending at the following categories of merchants, excluding warehouse clubs and superstores: supermarkets; drug stores; stand-alone gas stations; and home telephone, wireless, cable, satellite TV and Internet service providers. You will receive three Hilton HHonors Bonus Points for each U.S. dollar of all other Eligible Spending. To receive the appropriate Bonus Points, the merchants must submit the charge using the appropriate industry code, merchant code, or products / service code established by us. If the merchant submits a charge using a different code, the applicable charge will only receive the Bonus Points corresponding to that code. Merchants with multiple locations may submit charges at different locations using different codes. This means that charges at some locations will qualify for additional Bonus Points, but charges at other locations of the same merchant will not. Eligible Spending includes purchases of goods or services, which purchases have not been returned or otherwise rescinded, and are not subject to a credit. You will not receive Hilton HHonors Bonus Points for balances transferred from other accounts, purchases of American Express® Travelers Cheques or American Express® Gift Cheques, fees, Interest Charges, Cash Advances and similar means of assessing your Card Account. Additional terms and conditions apply.

6. After your first year, when your total eligible spend reaches $20,000 in any calendar year of Cardmembership, you will be upgraded to Hilton HHonors Gold tier status for a one- year period. Allow 10-12 weeks for your status to be upgraded.

7. The Basic Cardmember will be automatically enrolled in the Priority Pass program. Priority Pass membership automatically renews on its anniversary date, unless canceled prior to the anniversary date. Priority Pass membership may be cancelled by American Express if the Basic Cardmember's Hilton HHonors® Surpass® Card is cancelled. Priority Pass membership includes access to airport lounges participating in the Priority Pass program. Participating lounges are owned and operated by independent third parties and their participation and/or facilities may change. To access a lounge, Cardmember must show his/her valid Priority Pass card and an airline ticket for travel on the same day for the Cardmember and each guest. Cardmember will receive the Priority Pass card within 6–8 weeks after Cardmember's first purchase with the Hilton HHonors Surpass Card.

All lounge visits are subject to a fee of U.S. $27 per person, which will be automatically charged to the Cardmember's Hilton HHonors Surpass Card. Lounge fees are subject to change. Priority Pass membership is subject to the Priority Pass Conditions of Use. For complete Priority Pass terms and conditions and a directory of participating lounges, please visit www.prioritypass.com.

American Express Customer Service Department
P.O. Box 297817 | Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33329-7817

Hilton HHonors® membership, receiving of Points & Miles®, and redemption of Points are subject to HHonors Terms and Conditions. ©2010 Hilton Worldwide.

© 2010 American Express Bank, FSB. All rights reserved. v1 A00000CCSG
Old Sep 5, 2010, 7:43 am

Programs: Any program with a credit card, or good prices.
Looks like it is for basic (green) card holders:
In order to process your request, you must be the Basic Cardmember and enter account details for that Card. Your account number will not change. Any existing Additional Card(s) will also be upgraded. If approved, you will receive your new Card(s) within 7 days. You can continue using your existing Card(s) until you receive the new Card(s).
Old Sep 5, 2010, 10:49 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, PC Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
I received it too. Was about to post it but the OP beat me to it. I am seriosly considering this offer since my YTD at hilton is 110 nights.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 10:58 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
The basic concept of offering a lot of points to upgrade to Surpass is not new, is usually not targeted, and has been in place ever since the Surpass card was first introduced a couple of years ago. I got 40,000 last year for a similar offer, but the number of miles/points for new/upgraded cards has escalated enormously throughout the industry and hence this offer is much better than the one I got last year.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 11:27 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by iolairemcfadden
Looks like it is for basic (green) card holders:
In order to process your request, you must be the Basic Cardmember ...
No, basic is American Express's terminology for the primary cardmember on any card account. This offer appears to be targeted at existing HHonors credit card (free) accounts as an incentive to upgrade to the (not free) Surpass version. It's merely an upsell.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by marben
Hey Everyone,

This look like it may be targeted, but thought I'd throw it up here.

Enjoy!

LINK: https://www201.americanexpress.com/u...l&om_lid=axp13

Upgrade today to the Hilton HHonors® Surpass® Card from American Express and you’ll be on your way to 100,000 Hilton HHonors® Surpass® Bonus Points—enough for 4 free nights at any of over 2,700 properties worldwide.1 You’ll receive:

40,000 Bonus Points2 after your first purchase.
An additional 40,000 Bonus Points when you use your Card during the first 3 months of Cardmembership.3
Up to 20,000 additional Bonus Points4— 2,500 Bonus Points for each of your first eight stays at any Hilton property paid for with the Card during the first 18 months of Cardmembership.
Nine Points for every eligible dollar spent at Hilton Worldwide® portfolio of hotels.5
Unfortunately when I try the link the bolded section above is missing...
Old Sep 5, 2010, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by MyTravels
Unfortunately when I try the link the bolted section above is missing...
You are correct! The "40,000 Bonus Points when you use your Card during the first 3 months of Cardmembership" is missing in the link.

Marben,

have you checked the link ... are the
"40,000 Bonus Points when you use your Card during the first 3 months of Cardmembership" showing when you use the link?
Old Sep 5, 2010, 5:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Originally Posted by USAFAN
You are correct! The "40,000 Bonus Points when you use your Card during the first 3 months of Cardmembership" is missing in the link.

Marben,

have you checked the link ... are the
"40,000 Bonus Points when you use your Card during the first 3 months of Cardmembership" showing when you use the link?
It does not look like its for up to 100,000 points but rather 60,000 points, this according to the link.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 8:42 pm
Original Poster

When I follow the link I also don't see the extra 40k miles. I thought maybe if I logged in and started the process it would pop up, but no luck. I guess I'd have to trust them... or be prepared for a spirited fight!
Old Sep 6, 2010, 11:47 am

Programs: DL, BA, AA, UA, HHonors, PC
I actually got the original email. I was curious has anyone done this?

Based off superscript #2 do they reduce the points based on previous sign up bonuses? That would make this once attractive offer not near as attractive.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 12:27 pm

I received this offer in an email yesterday. In the past, I received similar upgrade offers with 60,000 points offered instead of 100,000.
I have the same question as Boiler. I'm sure I received first purchase bonus points when I got my HH Amex. Years ago. Not getting 40,000 points on first purchase and paying $75 besides reduces this offer.

Can anyone comment on Priority Pass? What are their lounges like? $27 for lounge access doesn't make this enticing at all.

For those who have the Surpass card, are you pleased with it?
Old Sep 6, 2010, 1:14 pm

Programs: AA Plt-Lite 2MM,HH Gld, MR Plat
Originally Posted by IncredibleDeals

From the Hilton Thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ferrerid=15406
Old Sep 6, 2010, 4:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Originally Posted by IncredibleDeals
I received this offer in an email yesterday. In the past, I received similar upgrade offers with 60,000 points offered instead of 100,000.
I have the same question as Boiler. I'm sure I received first purchase bonus points when I got my HH Amex. Years ago. Not getting 40,000 points on first purchase and paying $75 besides reduces this offer.

Can anyone comment on Priority Pass? What are their lounges like? $27 for lounge access doesn't make this enticing at all.

Are you saying you also got a 100k offer and it brings you to the same link the OP posted?
Old Sep 6, 2010, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by boilers
I actually got the original email. I was curious has anyone done this?

Based off superscript #2 do they reduce the points based on previous sign up bonuses? That would make this once attractive offer not near as attractive.
Yes, I previously had it and got 30k bonus. Called up and said that I'd receive the difference (10k) if i upgraded again.

Also, as previously mentioned, the link doesnt show the second 40k w/spending req. I'd definitely do so otherwise.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.