Pay your rent online, earn miles!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pay your rent online, earn miles!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2012, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by echip
Yes they do accept credit cards. I think fees are around 2% to 3% depends on the amount. Check their website for more details.
Tried 3k for me and came out to 2.5%
Old Jul 19, 2012, 10:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Originally Posted by N_Phoenix
Tried 3k for me and came out to 2.5%
If Chargesmart's credit card fees are 2.5%, is there any reason to use WP at 2.9%? Does Chargesmart only accept mortgages and not rent payments and vice versa for WP?
Old Jul 19, 2012, 11:22 am
Suspended

I was going to use this service once, but what turned me off was the hard hit on the credit report. At the very end of terms:

C. Credit Report Information Disclosure By agreeing to the Terms of Use, you expressly consent to allow WilliamPaid to access your credit report no more than once every calendar year. These reports are obtained solely for WilliamPaid’s internal uses and information contained in any credit reports obtained by WilliamPaid will remain strictly confidential and shall not be shared with any other party (See WilliamPaid’s Privacy Policy). If you have any questions, please feel free to contact WilliamPaid through our website at www.williampaid.com/contactus. You may also write to us at WilliamPaid LLC Attn: Credit Reporting Department at 1910 First St., Suite 2N, Highland Park, Illinois 60035.

I didn't want the additional hit. Figure I'd save that for a good CC deal.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by Time traveller
If Chargesmart's credit card fees are 2.5%, is there any reason to use WP at 2.9%? Does Chargesmart only accept mortgages and not rent payments and vice versa for WP?
I don't think you can use Chargesmart for rent payments. Also, Chargesmart doesn't take Amex cards, while WP does.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
I was going to use this service once, but what turned me off was the hard hit on the credit report. At the very end of terms:

snip

pretty sure that would be a soft hit, since they aren't looking to actually 'loan' you any money like a credit card or mortgage.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
You need a "partner" to be the "landlord" to accept payment from WP - then the "partner" sends payment to the bank for the mortgage.
will you get 1099 at year end for receiving pmts?
Old Aug 13, 2012, 11:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by oozze
will you get 1099 at year end for receiving pmts?
I have not received a 1099 from any service for the payment transfers we do through various programs. If I did, I would just dispute it. It doesn't concern me at all...this is not taxable income by any stretch of the imagination....this is two people transferring funds between each other for the purpose of making a mortgage payment.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by BillyBaloney

C. Credit Report Information Disclosure By agreeing to the Terms of Use, you expressly consent to allow WilliamPaid to access your credit report no more than once every calendar year. These reports are obtained solely for WilliamPaid’s internal uses and information contained in any credit reports obtained by WilliamPaid will remain strictly confidential and shall not be shared with any other party (See WilliamPaid’s Privacy Policy). If you have any questions, please feel free to contact WilliamPaid through our website at www.williampaid.com/contactus. You may also write to us at WilliamPaid LLC Attn: Credit Reporting Department at 1910 First St., Suite 2N, Highland Park, Illinois 60035.

how do you know that it is a hard pull?
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:31 am

fairly new to this "game" and new to this forum so bear with me if you will, on a traditional sense;earning 1 mile for 1$ spent be worth buying gc's on a cc and then using on a service to pay bills and being charged 2.5%, for every 100,000$ you spend you lose 2500$?!
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by daveh23
fairly new to this "game" and new to this forum so bear with me if you will, on a traditional sense;earning 1 mile for 1$ spent be worth buying gc's on a cc and then using on a service to pay bills and being charged 2.5%, for every 100,000$ you spend you lose 2500$?!
IMO, you wouldn't do this to just get miles. You would do this to meet a spend requirement. Case in point, I am looking to pay my property taxes with my credit card and eat a 2% fee in order to meet the $10K spending requirement I have on one of my new cc's.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by daveh23
Or if you're able to find a way to get more than 1 pt per dollar - and think you'll get enough bang for the points. I've been using this service to hit the 30k spend on the PRG Amex.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:32 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
Still haven't had any problem yet - does any law types here know from the T&Cs if there's any risk of this place taking the money and running after a particularly good month sometime?
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by silverforumsurf
Still haven't had any problem yet - does any law types here know from the T&Cs if there's any risk of this place taking the money and running after a particularly good month sometime?
As long as you are using a credit card, that shouldn't be an issue--chargebacks etc.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 5:02 pm

Programs: DL GM
Without reading through 22 pages of this, how did this eventually play out? Did someone come up with a reasonable, reliable way to put your rent on an AMEX? Any guidance is appreciated.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 7:43 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by Frinkiac7
Without reading through 22 pages of this, how did this eventually play out? Did someone come up with a reasonable, reliable way to put your rent on an AMEX? Any guidance is appreciated.
I have always been able to use an AMEX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.