Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2015, 1:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by IGOPLACES
As usual I am wrecking my brain about you mean. Is this a double deck by any chance ? American Airlines ? Can it be used from Europe ?

I saw that you included and then quickly deleted reference to San Antonio Texas SAT as a possible airport. I have family there so I am of course very interested. Also as you say .dirty word. of miles. I need EXPLT re qualify
No not a Double-Decker.

2X2 continents involved. I would rather describe it as a

"Long-Legged Wrap-Around".

Uuuh. Just writing this got me all excited.
Old May 19, 2015, 1:40 pm

Hi

Hi all,
i finally decided to start to write here.
Apart from the basics i know compressed, "special construction" and another couple of well known (??) tricks without a public name.

I am particularly interested in hotels tricks and fd tools.

I'll begin to share some clues soon and i hope to create some good collaboration.

I take this opportunity to thank cockpitvisit and steppo for sharing their works i used a lot these years and of course any of you who have shared prices and hints on this thread.
Old May 19, 2015, 3:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ...
Hi all,
i finally decided to start to write here.
Apart from the basics i know compressed, "special construction" and another couple of well known (??) tricks without a public name.

I am particularly interested in hotels tricks and fd tools.

I'll begin to share some clues soon and i hope to create some good collaboration.

I take this opportunity to thank cockpitvisit and steppo for sharing their works i used a lot these years and of course any of you who have shared prices and hints on this thread.
You make it sound like you just received an Oscar in Hollywood.

Dear Mr/Mrs/Mrs ......

How about an introduction telling us alot about yourself, followed by a comprehensive FT Profile ( location/e-mail/sex etc).

and under SEX please do not answer: YES

Welcome.
Old May 19, 2015, 3:30 pm

Programs: DL*DM/AA*G
Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
and under SEX please do not answer: YES
So you don't want sex?
Old May 19, 2015, 4:44 pm

Programs: Tim Horton's Gold
That is a very cool first post!!
Old May 19, 2015, 5:00 pm

C1(s) - C4(s) 83,72 € All-in R/T.

Many dates in May and June

Sample Dates June 2- June 10.
No not a Double-Decker.

2X2 continents involved. I would rather describe it as a

"Long-Legged Wrap-Around".

Uuuh. Just writing this got me all excited.

aren't you tired to post always the same thing ?
Long-legged wrap-around-missle-universe-strike-full-non-sense-word-but-amazing bla bla bla

let me to post something new:

C3-c2 RT J class 330€.

where is the best part? Find the deal and add another continent
Old May 19, 2015, 5:11 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jorun
aren't you tired to post always the same thing ?
Long-legged wrap-around-missle-universe-strike-full-non-sense-word-but-amazing bla bla bla

let me to post something new:

C3-c2 RT J class 330€.

where is the best part? Find the deal and add another continent
You are obviously clueless since none of these have ever been posted before.
And if, YOU, for some reason do not appreciate the pearls put before you, then you are perfectly entitled to ignore them. Or better, put my postings on
Block

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; May 19, 2015 at 5:37 pm
Old May 19, 2015, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA Silver / FA
C1(s) - C4(s) 83,72 € All-in R/T.

Many dates in May and June

Sample Dates June 2- June 10.
Booked what I assume this is for $142 & an immediate turn in June. Thanks.. Positioning will be fun, and so will the pre-departure partying
Old May 19, 2015, 5:23 pm

You are obviously clueless since none of these have ever been posted before.
there is a big difference to make a post to share a deal and to make a post to catch attention.
Old May 19, 2015, 5:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jorun
there is a big difference to make a post to share a deal and to make a post to catch attention.
The people who actually travel and actually need this AA deal have already done their bookings and in some cases applied their vouchers for further price reduction and SWUs for additional comfort.
Old May 19, 2015, 5:59 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
The people who actually travel and actually need this AA deal have already done their bookings and in some cases applied their vouchers for further price reduction and SWUs for additional comfort.
well said WWE. no need to dump when it's already this low and you can safely use SWUs.. but I will spend the next few bit trying to figure out how you did it
Old May 19, 2015, 6:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tblack15
Booked what I assume this is for $142 & an immediate turn in June. Thanks.. Positioning will be fun, and so will the pre-departure partying
Assumptions are nice but not necessarily correct. Not sure what deal you refer to, but by my conversion calculation 83,72 € does not equal $ 142.00. I do not have immediate return but 7 day minimum stay.
Old May 19, 2015, 6:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by keitherson
well said WWE. no need to dump when it's already this low and you can safely use SWUs.. but I will spend the next few bit trying to figure out how you did it
Don't waste any of Your precious time. Jorun will tell you all the glorious details.
Old May 19, 2015, 6:27 pm

Programs: UA Silver / FA
Assumptions are nice but not necessarily correct. Not sure what deal you refer to, but by my conversion calculation 83,72 € does not equal $ 142.00. I do not have immediate return but 7 day minimum stay.
Well then, looks like I backed into a different deal. I assumed you just had a better OTA than me!

No min stay here, no dump. Just a good old-fashioned 1.7 cpm fare then.
Old May 19, 2015, 8:23 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Not sure what deal you refer to, but by my conversion calculation 83,72 € does not equal $ 142.00.
The math sounds about right for British Pound @:-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.